Media Jones vs Reyes Fight Motion

This isn't king of the mountain, this is MMA with rules and a set guideline for scoring.

This fight was pretty clear cut, far more clear cut than Penn/Edgar 1, Edgar/Benson 1, Hendricks/ Lawler 2, and DJ/Cejudo 2 because in king of the mountain rules, the champs should've won...
I gave an analogy on how I view fights. Please bear in mind that fighting existed LONG before mma and the foundation that you had to beat the champ's ass is centuries older than mma as well. So if that's your perspective I just have a different one. The ignorance comes into play when perspectives get trampled on over the cliche "if you dont see it like I do you are dumb" mentality. Not saying that's yours. How the hell can you scream and holler about he scored more and I cant believe you cant see it in a sport with HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE SCORING. Very easily. If you want to beat the man you better beat his ass. If that holds no value to you then you are far more an "mma" fan than a fight fan. I love mma just not more than the fundamental of fighting. That's not ignorance it is just a different perspective than yours

I gave an analogy on how I view fights. Please bear in mind that fighting existed LONG before mma and the foundation that you had to beat the champ's ass is centuries older than mma as well. So if that's your perspective I just have a different one. The ignorance comes into play when perspectives get trampled on over the cliche "if you dont see it like I do you are dumb" mentality. Not saying that's yours. How the hell can you scream and holler about he scored more and I cant believe you cant see it in a sport with HIGHLY SUBJECTIVE SCORING. Very easily. If you want to beat the man you better beat his ass. If that holds no value to you then you are far more an "mma" fan than a fight fan. I love mma just not more than the fundamental of fighting. That's not ignorance it is just a different perspective than yours
Well if this were just fighting in the streets then you'd have a point, but these guys sign contracts knowing the rules and scoring criteria to win the fight. Can be by an inch or by a mile. If it were up to you, challengers would have to win a decision like 50-40 to be the champ. Each round in this fight had a clear winner based on the scoring criteria, that's why there is outrage.

Well if this were just fighting in the streets then you'd have a point, but these guys sign contracts knowing the rules and scoring criteria to win the fight. Can be by an inch or by a mile. If it were up to you, challengers would have to win a decision like 50-40 to be the champ. Each round in this fight had a clear winner based on the scoring criteria, that's why there is outrage.
Please reread where I said that complaining about scores in close fights (especially championship bouts) is not something I have any intention of doing. If it's that close then run it back. You can reword your perspective 1000 times. I understood it by the first. Just understand that many people to include pro fighters have a similar perspective to mine as I am sure they do yours. I do feel you will do more complaining in the future because close fights typically go to the champ

Please reread where I said that complaining about scores in close fights (especially championship bouts) is not something I have any intention of doing. If it's that close then run it back. You can reword your perspective 1000 times. I understood it by the first. Just understand that many people to include pro fighters have a similar perspective to mine as I am sure they do yours. I do feel you will do more complaining in the future because close fights typically go to the champ
The fight wasn't really close. Every round was a pretty clear cut 10-9. Reyes won 1,2, and 3 and Jones won 4 and 5.

And close fights don't typically go to the champ. You can say Jones vs Reyes, Santos, and Gus and then GSP vs Hendricks. And then I can say Forrest vs Rampage, Hendricks vs Lawler 2, Penn vs Edgar 1, Edgar vs Bendo 1, and DJ vs Cejudo 2

The fight wasn't really close. Every round was a pretty clear cut 10-9. Reyes won 1,2, and 3 and Jones won 4 and 5.

And close fights don't typically go to the champ. You can say Jones vs Reyes, Santos, and Gus and then GSP vs Hendricks. And then I can say Forrest vs Rampage, Hendricks vs Lawler 2, Penn vs Edgar 1, Edgar vs Bendo 1, and DJ vs Cejudo 2
If you feel the fight wasnt close I will have to disagree in that regard and being as I have discussed this fight ad nauseam I will respectfully decline recapping again. I like you though but you still gonna catch this... and still.

If you feel the fight wasnt close I will have to disagree in that regard and being as I have discussed this fight ad nauseam I will respectfully decline recapping again. I like you though but you still gonna catch this... and still incompetent judging
Fixed it for you

That's where we have a slight difference in perspective. To me this is a fight. A grown man ass game of king of the mountain. There is only one way to beat the king off the mountain. BEAT HIM. Not edge but beat his ass. Reyes didnt and Jones spent the majority of the fight pushing for a beating that never came. Reyes may have edged in points in many eyes but he failed to convincingly beat Jon's ass to be king of the mountain. Would be one of the weakest cases for a change of belt holder I've seen in a minute. Of course I understand rules but to me that rule is the sacred foundation of the man dance
"That's where we have a slight difference in perspective...A grown man ass game...beat the king off...the man dance"-Al Stone

You have some subliminal shit going on for sure

"That's where we have a slight difference in perspective...A grown man ass game...beat the king off...the man dance"-Al Stone

You have some subliminal shit going on for sure
Good one. If I wasnt on my way to get the fuck outta work and drive home we would just good Sir. How you?

I don't think many punches landed flush to the head in that fight. It was usually just grazing or missing by inches.

Maybe if Reyes sat on his punches instead of running. He could've.

Technically one of the best I've seen, the sound it made also made it clear that Chookagian was very lucky she got hit by the end of her foot and not her heel or it would have been over right there.
No idea who's going to beat Valentina at that weight, but I'm not really interested in a Nunes rematch either.

giphy.gif
Imagine if that landed flush with the heel and Etim'ed Katlyn. She would get so much more exposure because that would be shown everywhere.

That's where we have a slight difference in perspective. To me this is a fight. A grown man ass game of king of the mountain. There is only one way to beat the king off the mountain. BEAT HIM. Not edge but beat his ass. Reyes didnt and Jones spent the majority of the fight pushing for a beating that never came. Reyes may have edged in points in many eyes but he failed to convincingly beat Jon's ass to be king of the mountain. Would be one of the weakest cases for a change of belt holder I've seen in a minute. Of course I understand rules but to me that rule is the sacred foundation of the man dance

<Huh2>

Personally I dont believe in edging a champ. I'm ol school and the only way to beat a champ is a convincing beating. Which didnt occur. I respect your stance though

I'm more old school than you, and you're wrong.

I'm more old school than you, and you're wrong.
I dont give a shit if you are George Washington old only a bonafide assclown will tell someone their perspective is wrong.

One sign of a triggered assclown is repeatedly quoting someone who didnt say shit to you on a post a few days old. Enjoy

You like using the word ass dont you?
I’m guessing thats where you take it. Its ok though

You like using the word ass dont you?
I’m guessing thats where you take it. Its ok though
I know you are long in the tooth gramps but in your hey day in the summer of 77 did they still use the phrase "call a spade a spade"?

I know you are long in the tooth gramps but in your hey day in the summer of 77 did they still use the phrase "call a spade a spade"?

its gonna be ok snowflake. One day you’ll see that its dumb to get butthurt over what strangers on the internet say and you wont be so triggered.

Back