Jones Vs Gustaffson which one looks like the man who got beat

Just watched a video of Faber the day after his Aldo fight. His face looks pretty unmarked. I guess he won.

Jabs and pitterpat arm punches can really mess one's face up, that still doesn't make them more effective than head kicks and elbows to the temple.

Jabs and pitterpat arm punches can really mess one's face up, that still doesn't make them more effective than head kicks and elbows to the temple.

Are they more effective than blocked headkicks, that's the question you should be asking to accurately represent this particular fight.

And no, it was not just cosmetic damage. Jones was helped out of the octagon, put on a stretcher and hauled into an ambulance.

For cosmetic damage, I assume?

IF you use this fucking Logic then GSP lost to Jake Shields cause he face looked a whole lot more fucked up than Jake did, and BJ Penn is damn near undefeated because he rarely has the damage show on his face, some guys just have rugged leather skin, Gustaffson is in that category.
He might be referring to the fact that one guy is strapped to a gurney with diagnostic electrodes on him, and the other is standing up.

Maybe. Just maybe. :icon_lol:

Or you could be right and he's talking about the marks on their faces.

Too much anime for you. More reading books. And Twilight doesn't count.

1235982_417753455000780_1132578334_n.jpg

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdddb970c-900wi

My god, he is right. Look at that pitterpat jab, and how Jones's lips are trying to take flight and have tripled in size. Amazing how bad it looks, when in reality it's just cosmetic damage compared to the leg kicks.

Proof of the amazing significance and power of Jones's leg kicks is....he could not walk on his own feet, that's how hard he used them.

Man, I wish I would have watched this ppv. Must have been a great fight. They both look pretty war-torn.

P6Im7.gif

Jones's significant leg kicks did all this damage. Winning!

Jones literally hurt himself with those leg kicks, far more than he hurt Alex.

IF you use this fucking Logic then GSP lost to Jake Shields cause he face looked a whole lot more fucked up than Jake did, and BJ Penn is damn near undefeated because he rarely has the damage show on his face, some guys just have rugged leather skin, Gustaffson is in that category.

Well to be fair, damage wise Jake Shields definitely beat GSP.

BJs face looked like a murdered burger after the Diaz fight. And Diaz won. Am I making sense here?

The picture (yes, it's been posted 1,000 times by now) certainly does reveal that Jones took the worse beating as far as damage to the head/face. Gustafsson was already released from the hospital with no severe injuries at all. Jones too was released from the hospital and didn't have a fractured/broken foot, unlike what Jones' coach Wink was claiming (saying it was possibly shattered). Gus landed more shots (power shots included) to the head and face, even to the body. The lone cut above Jones' right eye was pretty bad, almost bad enough to stop the fight between the 4th and 5th rounds (Jones had to beg the doc not to stop it). That cut reminded me of when Vitali Klitschko fought Lennox Lewis and ended up losing the fight due to it being horribly bad. If Gus had kept working on that cut since round #1 where it happened then he could've stopped Jones on that cut within another 2 rounds or so.

The swelling is pretty damn bad around Jones eyes (both) and obviously his lips (Jesus Christ). The cut above his eye definitely needed stitches too, pretty bad gash but not the worse I've ever seen (or anywhere near it). That title belongs to Belfort's flying knee against Marvin Eastman which was disgusting to look at, let alone watch happen. Gus has a black eye (Jones has two and severe swelling) with 'some' swelling and had to get a few staples to his head for a laceration from that spinning elbow he caught in round 4 (assuming that's what caused the cut).

Both guys have their war injuries, Gustafsson clearly won when comparing the damage afterwards though. Gustafsson doesn't seem to easy to cut or bruise and he sure as hell isn't easy to knock out or even drop. Gus has an entire head made out of adamantium for taking brutal knees, head kicks, elbows to the face/head and punches. It's amazing the kind of chin and dome this kid has. He has good recovery too, even though he was exhausted at the end of round 4 after eating that brutal spinning 'bow and then follow-up knees from the clinch. Still had enough energy to fight Jones off and shove him away. Amazing toughness shown by both fighters though. Both showed great chins too (we already knew Gus had an awesome one).

Are they more effective than blocked headkicks, that's the question you should be asking to accurately represent this particular fight.

And no, it was not just cosmetic damage. Jones was helped out of the octagon, put on a stretcher and hauled into an ambulance.

Despite all the damage Gus dished out in the first 3 rounds, at the end Jones was the one fighting, Gus was flailing around looking pretty delirious offering no attack whatsoever.

So yeah, I imagine they did something, unless Gus paced himself SO badly he was exhausted from his own efforts, rather than the damage Jon did.

oh man
bones looks more fucked up
but he damaged gus his ear permantly??

He was helped out because he broke his foot on Gus's head.

Well, the only guy who got rocked/visibly hurt in this fight was Gustafsson as far as I remember.

Here are some other bloody pictures of Alex beating on Jones...

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdeaa970c-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8c6b20970d-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8c6cc1970d-750wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bb6fd970b-900wi

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bb821970b-900wi

He might be referring to the fact that one guy is strapped to a gurney with diagnostic electrodes on him, and the other is standing up.

Maybe. Just maybe. :icon_lol:

Or you could be right and he's talking about the marks on their faces.

Too much anime for you. More reading books. And Twilight doesn't count.

I find Anime to be more entertaining and kills time better when I am forward deployed. :)

Back