Jones vs. Gusta 2: Where is your Heart, where is your Head?

Rooting for Gus, but think Jones will get a split decision.

Not gonna bet against Jones until I see any holes in his game and he loses. Rooting for Gus.

Riceandbeans is my hero. Only one so far who voted "Rooting for Jones but I think Gusta will win".

He is actually dyslexic and thought it said the opposite. :( Nobody can honestly be a Jones fan and not think Jones will win. I'm hoping Gustaffson wins, but Jones should rightfully be a strong favorite to win.

my brain says Gus would've won if it weren't for that one moment, that spinning back elbow deep in the 4th. Up until that point, the consensus was Gus being ahead 2-1 and he was winning the 4th...then Jones turns the tide with one strike.

Jones' biggest threat going into that fight was his wrestling. Gus stuffed all but 1 takedown, all while fresh and took Jones down himself. This, plus that it was Gus' first 5-rounder compared to Jones' 7th, makes him likely more confident and thus he's able to commit more to his punches.

Am rooting for Gus, but if you know my post history, I tend to not let bias get into the way of who I think wins or who won after a fight is over (at least not in a long time, and bias as in favoritism).

I think Jones will finish Gus this time but I hope im wrong.

Jones doesn't get cut this time. Jones beats the shit out of Alex for 5 rounds.

People can say what they want, but I really believe if Jones doesn't come in with the intention of trying to out-strike Gus, he'll soundly win. I think Gus fought the best he could have fought last fight, and I don't think he'll replicate it. Jones fought Gus's fight and still won; now it's time for Jones to fight his fight (hopefully).

Jones... Too much time for the champ to analyze tape and break him down. Plus, his wrestling will most likely have a renewed focus. Either way, I want a good fight from both parties.

Btw, it is possible to like and respect both fighters...

Was rooting for gustaffson the first time but jones clearly beat him
Now I want jones to walk through gustaffson just to make all the crybabies lose their shit
Plus I really wanna see the Cormier - jones fight

Double Jones. I liked him at the start of his UFC career. I like him more now that he can sneeze and send sherdog into a tizzy.

rooting for jones because i want to see him fight cormier. also think jones should win this fight.

Rooting for Gustafsson, but I think Jones will win. Not as uneven as the bookies suggest tho, im really positive that playing Gustafsson are longterm winning bet.

A lot may depend on whether Jones is allowed to employ his patented eyepoke defense.

Something tells me the ref for this fight is not going to allow it, which bodes well for Gus.

Plus, I get the feeling that Jones is slowly breaking down at an early age, and Gus is the only contender he has ever fought who is also south of 30.

2/3 of the people think jones will win

but the other poll had it 50/50

confirmed that a significant number of people just vote for who they want lol

Rooting for Gus, I felt he won the first fight. However I think Jones is gonna come out with a much better game plan and easily beat Gus this time.

Lol, gotta love the 1 lone nut rooting for Jones, but with no hope.

Back