Jones vs. Gusta 2: Where is your Heart, where is your Head?

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Let's get the numbers...

Down below

Gus TKO 5th

should've made the poll public.

Rooting for Jones and I think he will win. I will be glad to see Gustaffson lose this fight so he'll never get another title shot again being 0-2 vs the champ. He can then stop ducking HW and fight in his natural weight class since people say that's what Jones is doing, and they also say Gus was the first fighter Jones' size he faced.

This poll is going to show blind Jones fans are. Interesting to see how many votes "Rooting for Jones but I think Gusta will win" gets.. :rolleyes:

IzBaG1b.gif

Rooting for gusta, not really sure how this'll go, slightly edging towards jones.

Supporting Gus, but if I had to gamble on it I'd go Jones.

rooting for jones and think jones is going to win.

Rooting for Alex, head says Alex. Had it 60-40 for Jon the last time around but don't see it going the distance this time and I think people will be amazed by Alex's performance.

Rooting for Alex, head says Alex. Had it 60-40 for Jon the last time around but don't see it going the distance this time and I think people will be amazed by Alex's performance.

In a past few days I have actually started to believe its more than 60% for Alex this time. I dont think Jones is mentally strong enough at this point. He may get that required confident back during the camp but Im not so sure anymore. Remember the Franklin vs Spider 1 and how Franklins eyes looked in that fight? Im expecting to see something similar in Jonathans eyes when the rematch starts. I will not be suprised at all if we see a relatively dominant and fast tko win for Alex this time, inside 3 rounds.

Jones has already lost this fight in his head. I really, strongly believe that and not just saying it as a Gus fan.

Hate Jones, Love Gus. Jones took Gus's best and still won. Then fought Glover and made it look basic. Gus fought an overrated Jimi Manuwa and barely broke a sweat. He has not had the preparation or the chance to improve as much as Jones.

Unfortunately Jones will win this easily.

If it is similar to the first fight, it all depends on if the judges score it correctly, or how they usually do (for the champion).

After the first fight, it's hard to see either guy stopping the other. Plus, something that rarely gets mentioned is that Bones has yet to truly KO a guy, and of course has never been KO'ed himself.

Back