Jones vs Gus was a draw

Pretty sure JJ won and walked away with the belt

Stolen from Alex.

chael-sonnen-with-title.png

Sometimes there is no clear winner in a round though. This is why Pride's scoring system was better.

Jones won that round because he had Gus severely hurt and basically had that fight in the bag until the round ended. Prior to that Gus was scoring but not in the form of him having Jones in trouble.

10-10 rounds are usually avoided as much as possible unless under a circumstance both fighters were trading blows throughout the round and there was no clear cut winner.

You have no idea how to judge fights and should just stick to your day job.

Jones won that round because he had Gus severely hurt and basically had that fight in the bag until the round ended. Prior to that Gus was scoring but not in the form of him having Jones in trouble.

10-10 rounds are usually avoided as much as possible unless under a circumstance both fighters were trading blows throughout the round and there was no clear cut winner.

You have no idea how to judge fights and should just stick to your day job.

The longer a fight goes on, the more likely a draw round will happen.

It's not unreasonable to draw a round in a 5 round fight. 3 round fights are different.

The judges should announce their score at the end of every round to force action and more decisive game plans.

The longer a fight goes on, the more likely a draw round will happen.

It's not unreasonable to draw a round in a 5 round fight. 3 round fights are different.

The judges should announce their score at the end of every round to force action and more decisive game plans.

But in your case you are wrong. Jones had Gus really hurt and had that round in the bag until it ended. Prior to hurting Gus, it was a kicker vs puncher match. Jones score kicks but Gus was scoring punches. You can say Gus was winning but not by a wide margin. Jones however had the fight under his control by a wide margin after he rocked Gus.

But in your case you are wrong. Jones had Gus really hurt and had that round in the bag until it ended. Prior to hurting Gus, it was a kicker vs puncher match. Jones score kicks but Gus was scoring punches. You can say Gus was winning but not by a wide margin. Jones however had the fight under his control by a wide margin after he rocked Gus.

If by "scoring kicks" you mean bitch kicks to Gus' knee and failed blocked high kicks, then yes, you are correct.

Punches to the face > Crappy leg kicks and blocked head kicks

If by "scoring kicks" you mean bitch kicks to Gus' knee and failed blocked high kicks, then yes, you are correct.

Punches to the face > Crappy leg kicks and blocked head kicks

Those "bitch kicks" are call teeps you idiot. It is a kicking equivalent to a jab from a punch. Let me see you take a teep from Jones and I bet my house you would not call it a "bitch kick". Would you take a jab from Jones as well and call it a "bitch punch"?

And bro, Gus was mainly landing jabs on Jones prior to Jones rocking him. Gus caught him with a total of three power shots and the rest were jabs. Jones however score more power shots in total in that rounds from both punches and elbows. Gus did score good shots to Jones body. But Jones deliver the more significant shots to Gus's head.

Those "bitch kicks" are call teeps you idiot. It is a kicking equivalent to a jab from a punch. Let me see you take a teep from Jones and I bet my house you would not call it a "bitch kick". Would you take a jab from Jones as well and call it a "bitch punch"?

And bro, Gus was mainly landing jabs on Jones prior to Jones rocking him. Gus caught him with a total of three power shots and the rest were jabs. Jones however score more power shots in total in that rounds from both punches and elbows. Gus did score good shots to Jones body. But Jones deliver the more significant shots to Gus's head.

You misunderstood why I called it a bitch kick. Jones uses the that front kick to try and break his opponents knee. It's a dirty move.

Back