Jones vs Gus Round 4

How does rocking someone condone a 10-8 round? Jeez.

10-8 isn't crazy, but with how scores are turned in. It is

10-8? Thank god you arent a judge.

That being said anybody that gave Gus the 4th is on drugs or just a Jones hater.

i thought the only way he could iwn is if they gave him a 10-8 round

I coulda scored that round a draw, you cant just throw out Gus winning the first four minutes of that fight! But 10-9 Jones is also ok with me, he hurt Gus bad, real bad.

Why would you score it 10-8 Jones??

Gus was clearly ahead during that round before the spinning elbow.

Gus recovered very fast and Jones was never close to finishing him more so then anybody else who is rocked is close to getting finished. Gus was still upright and avoiding Jones strikes very well. Jones rocked Gus with a great shot then landed two nasty strikes and failed landing the other few strikes on their mark afterwards.

This is where Jones saw his strikes were not paying off then Jones then tried to shoot for a takedown which failed. At the end Jones got thrown to the ground by Gus.

It was far from a dominate round for either man.

Round 4: Jones 10-9

10-8 is ridiculous because he didnt do nearly enough to warrant that. Sure he rocked him and hit him with some good shots, but he was losing the majority of the round.

Not a 10-10 either, Jones was getting hit often for the majority of the round, but a near finish is worth a hell of a lot more than what got put on him by Gus.

(this part is just speculation)...had Gus fallen down from one of the attempted knees or elbows that followed the spinning elbow, they may have stopped it bc he looked like a zombie out there.

10-9 Jones is the best call. 10-9 for Gus is just wrong.

If Shogun can't get a 10-8 for round 5 vs. Hendo then this round isn't even close.
Wait, you mean the round where exhausted Shogun laid on top of an exhausted Hendo?

I've seen better rounds between a mattress and a box spring.

That was almost the antithesis of a 10-8. It was like a contest to see who passed out second, or whether the bell would ring first.

10-8 is ridiculous. Gus was winning the round until the elbow. Yes he was rocked bad at the end of the round. But he was never dropped and was defending takedowns still. 10-8 is total domination for the entire round. Not rocking someone with 40 seconds left, even if he was saved by the bell (possibly)

I still can't get past the idea that it was some sort of nasty elbow. It did little to nothing. The elbow he tagged Rashad with was WAY worse. It actually staggered him, which didn't happen at all to Gus.

Wait, you mean the round where exhausted Shogun laid on top of an exhausted Hendo?

I've seen better rounds between a mattress and a box spring.

That was almost the antithesis of a 10-8. It was like a contest to see who passed out second, or whether the bell would ring first.

This^
when will people stop with this 10-8 delusional BS in the Hendo-Shogun fight? Shogun laid on top of Hendo and caused no damage at all for 5 mins. you wanna c a 10-8 watch what Maynard does to Frankie in the early rounds of their 2nd and 3rd fights. You must destroy your oponent for a 10-8.

What exactly did Jon do to win that round??
I honestly can't tell if those who are saying this about the 4th are serious. Jones clearly had Gus badly hurt for the last min of the round after the elbow

I honestly can't tell if those who are saying this about the 4th are serious. Jones clearly had Gus badly hurt for the last min of the round after the elbow

And by clearly, you mean "Getting taken down himself".

I say Gus won the 4th

Yeah you read that correctly.

He was hurt in the last 40 seconds but was not nearly finished. Jones landed the elbow, a glancing knee and then failed a takedown attempted and then landed a few elbows against the cage. Alex was winning the round until that point, the last 40 seconds should not negate what happened the entire round before hand. Gus was not even knocked down, anyone who thinks that was a 10-8 for jones is an idiot.

No way... but the same ppl who are saying that gus won that round Im sure are the same ones who say Machida won that 1st round vs Jones bc of one punch. 0 consistency except in the fact they hate Jones.

There was no 'almost finish'

That's a myth made up by Jones apologists.

Anybody else score it 10-8 for Jones in Round 4?? He rocked Gus bad, and nearly finished him. I'm surprised this isn't talked about more

Gus was having his best round yet up until the elbow. So you can't just ignore the first 2/3's of the round.
Yeah, Jones beat him up pretty bad at the end, but Gus definitely did enough in that round to avoid a 10-8.

I remember Gus was teeing off on jones, jones was just hanging back taking punches and not doing much but then he landed those elbows and put some hurt on Gus. (Pretty sure it was 4th round and not 3rd, only seen the fight once though)

No way 10-8.

Jones snatched the round with those elbows.

Anybody else score it 10-8 for Jones in Round 4?? He rocked Gus bad, and nearly finished him. I'm surprised this isn't talked about more

He came nowhere close to finishing him. Considering Gustaffson was clearly winning the round up to that point, 10-8 is flat out absurd.

Gus had his best round in round 4, up until the last minute when the elbow occured.
Gus was winning handily in the striking department that round, for 4 minutes he was in control. But then he got hurt by the elbow for the remaining minute and somehow this is a 10-8? Gus won that round.

Back