Jones vs Gus Round 4

kpxl1023

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Anybody else score it 10-8 for Jones in Round 4?? He rocked Gus bad, and nearly finished him. I'm surprised this isn't talked about more

Somehow a lot of people think Gus won that round. The first 4 minutes were tit for tat and really just uneventful so Jon only really dominated for less than a minute. I think 10-9 Jones is a fair score.

Gusto was winning that round until the ast 30 seconds or so of that round.

I think Gustafsson definitely won the first three rounds if not the fourth up until that crazy elbow Jones landed. I'm a huge Gustafsson fan so I may sound a little biased, but I don't even care that Gustafsson lost, it was an amazing fight and he proved himself against arguably the greatest fighter.

It was a pretty even round up until the last minute or so with Gus getting a slide nod...certainly Jones hit him with some big shots but I do not see how you could score it a 10-8 for him.

10-9 Jones was the right call for that round

for me to give a 10-8 round it has to be pretty much total domination from bell to bell. with at least a knockdown or 2 or damaging multipunch combos, or numerous takedowns with full mounts and devastating ground and pound that almost stops the fight.

i didnt agree with the judge who gave carmont a 10-8, nor do i think jones dominated that entire 4th round.

that being said i like seeing 10-8 rounds given when they are earned.

I had round 4 for Gus, but I'll give Jones the benefit of the doubt and say Gus only won the first 3.

Lol @ 10-8 btw

for me to give a 10-8 round it has to be pretty much total domination from bell to bell. with at least a knockdown or 2 or damaging multipunch combos, or numerous takedowns with full mounts and devastating ground and pound that almost stops the fight.

i didnt agree with the judge who gave carmont a 10-8, nor do i think jones dominated that entire 4th round.

that being said i like seeing 10-8 rounds given when they are earned.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But, the highlight of that round was Jones nearly finishing Gus so that's why I felt like some ppl might score it 10-8

10-8?? Lol

Gus never hit the ground from that elbow. It was dead even up until that point. I'll give Jon the 10-9 for sure but 10-8 lol!

dude that round was closer to a 10-10.

fuck did i just bite on a troll thread?

Somehow a lot of people think Gus won that round. The first 4 minutes were tit for tat and really just uneventful so Jon only really dominated for less than a minute. I think 10-9 Jones is a fair score.

LOL @ tit for tat. Biased much? Uneventful? Gustaffsson was lighting Jones up in the fourth. He landed punches at will. Gus would have taken the round easily if not for the spinning elbow. If Jones didn't land that elbow he would have lost the round and the fight.

10-8 is ridiculous as he didn't even knock him down.

I remembering Gus winning that round until the elbow. I'm telling you see the forth round one more time and tell me that Jones were winning that round. Gus was out striking Jones until the 4:30 mark in that round. Big Jon told Jones THREE times during that round to not poke with his fingers plus a headbutt. And you are saying it should be a 10-8 round!? He should be lucky he didn't get a point deducted.

Definitely at 10-9 round in favor of Jones. Until he wound up wrecking him at the end, I think Gus was winning the round.

Dunno what people were watching but the first four minutes of round 4 showed the momentum shifting heavily in Gus' favor, it was the first clear cut period of either fighter dominating. Bones did do enough to win the round, no way it was 10-8 though.

If Shogun can't get a 10-8 for round 5 vs. Hendo then this round isn't even close.

Back