Jones vs Gus or Rory vs Lawler 2,which fight was better...

Probably Jones/Gus. Things weren't going according to plan, both guys were getting the tar beaten out of them. Jones dug deep. Everyone thought he was going to crack when put through the grinder, faced adversity but he fought his heart out.

I'll go Gus/Jones. Jones looked invincible up to that point and Gus made him look human. It was an absolute war, both guys were gassed and just kept pushing through. It really felt like Gus would pull it off but Jones would keep coming back and hitting a big shot that changed everything. It was incredibly dramatic.

Rory was winning the fight against Lawler 3-1 going into the last round and then Robbie went full "Full Round Robbie" and destroyed him. Awesome fight and amazing ending but I think Gus/Jones was more dramatic the entire fight while the first couple of rounds of Lawler/MacDonald were average.

Gus/JJ. Every round was great.

BUT if you asked the best 2 consecutive rounds it has to be the championship rounds of Rory/Lawler. That was classic.

I'd say Lawler - Rory 2. I honestly didn't think Jones - Gus was such a great fight and I always thought that everyone said it was because the expectations were just a beat down going into that fight and it was more competitive than that. But I've watched that fight now about 3-4 times and I still don't see such an amazing all time great fight. I saw it immediately in the other, however.

both great fights
what does one need to better than the other

Back