Jones vs Gus 2 - my opinion and yours

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by Painkiller1017, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Painkiller1017

Painkiller1017 Newbie

Who's got better chances of winning?
    As I said in some other thread I firmly believe the only way JJ is going to win this fight is by groundgame and clinch-boxing. Those are the only aspects of the game I see him being superior in. The great problem for JJ here is gus' takedown defence, which seems to be fenomenal and overwhelming for JJ; this means JJ's gonna work alot on is takedowns during training camp. If Gus keeps it on the feet and plays it his way he's probably gonna win. If Jones finds a way to handle him and take him to the ground he'll probably win hands down.
    My pov: I find JJ is quite a likeable person, he's funny and always comes across well in interviews; as a fighter I think he's so dominant mostly because of how he intelligently controls fights. Looks at all his fights: always cautious, always keeping out of range (not all tall guys are able to keep out of range), never rushes into anything and demolishes his opponent step by step, in a very controlled manner. When I see him fight my impression is he's playing a strategy game. The only fight where he apparently wasn't controlling the fight was the Gus fight; not to say he was overwhelmed, the fight was quite even, but his gameplan completely fell apart. My words could actually sound like a fan's, but I'm no JJ fan...I'm just trying to keep it real and acknowledge his sublime fighting skill. Actually, and I can't tell why, I deeply root against him in all his fights and want him to be KOed lol, but that just doesn't happen!

2. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

My opinion is there's not a real need for another thread on this topic.

3. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

If it becomes a kick boxing match Gus wins. If jones takes him down jones wins.

4. Koro_11

Koro_11 Silver Belt

Yaaaaawn.

I cant stand Jones and I dont mind Gus, but Jones will win the rematch. Gus had the fight of his life and couldn't finish strong as he blew it in the final rounds and gave it away.

Jones wins again, but then gets absolutely outclassed by Cormier imo.

5. ZuffaExecutive

ZuffaExecutive Red Belt

Jones beat and nearly finished Gus when he was in 52 % fighting shapE.

Jon will smash him this time around,and will take him to the ground and finish him by the 3rd.

People are on Gus`s nuts because,he gave Jones a decent fight for once.While I agree It was close and i thought wow gus is going to be 3-1 rounds up here till Jones started landing spinning shit.

He clearly lost the fight in the end,and the second fight wont be remotely close.

6. jmk1502

jmk1502 Brown Belt

Unfortunately for Gus, the odds are it will be another close fight - and since judges in both boxing and MMA score for the champion, he will lose. It would really suck for him to beat the champ twice and get robbed both times by the judges.

7. peterparker66

peterparker66 Black Belt

this as much as I would like Gus I think Jones comes in better prepared and beats him quite easily this time , I also think DC beats both

8. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

I agree and losing twice to the champ puts Gus in a weird postion in the division unless Cormier beats jones.

9. devilfisted

devilfisted Brown Belt

My opinion is I am not reading that wall of text! I don't care enough to put my eyes through that.

10. devilfisted

devilfisted Brown Belt

52%? Not 53? Or 65? Go away!

11. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

[​IMG]

12. Painkiller1017

Painkiller1017 Newbie

52%?? I suppose Just Bleed God gave you that piece of info! come on, are you even serious when you write nonsense like that?

13. Painkiller1017

Painkiller1017 Newbie

Clinch-boxing is like saying dirty boxing, that's not a mistake.
    BTW Enlglish is not my first language so I probably made up the expression "I see him being superior in"...sorry for that one

14. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

My point was Gus is better and more dangerous striker in the clinch than Jones. Gus actually drops his opponents from clinch while Jones just manage to hurt them.

15. thatcat8

thatcat8 Guest

Jones wrecks Gus.