Jones vs DC:who would do better with current HW division?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Both fighters forced to cut weight to compete in LHW, but their are naturally HW fighters. Who would have better record with top-10 HW fighters and who would won head-to-head fight in HW?

Uh the better, bigger fighter?

Depends how big Jon's future cellmate is I guess.

they are both natural LHWs.. just saying.

Jones. Especially if he fills out his frame.

Cormier. Since we've actually seen him at that weight already.

If Jones went to HW he'd have to avoid Meathead and Stipe..Both would crack that fool forever.

Weren't you arguing before that HW is terrible and has 0 skill... yet Meathead possibly the least skilled guy in the HW top 15 would beat Jones? Trololol.

Cormier. Since we've actually seen him at that weight already.

To which he never lost a round, was undefeated, and was completely dominant.

No real way to know how Jon would do, his reach and height advantage would be minimal.

If Jones went to HW he'd have to avoid Meathead and Stipe..Both would crack that fool forever. That's why he had to do shady things to people at lhw to win... spying, targeting injuries, poking eyes, crawling, talking and ducking, crashing cars into prego's. The guy was about to lose and took a break TMZ style.

you have brain damage

Jones by way of being the proven best fighter on the planet.

IMO Jones have over 50 percentage win probability with ALL HW fighters.
DC have too except Werdum, Cain and JDS.

I'm going to say Cormier but only because he does a great job of not ever staying in the pocket. I mean, Jones does too, but I'm more worried with him because he's happy to strike, even if it's at range, and there's always the chance that he'll get hit by one of those huge HW punches. I think Cormier would be more likely to clinch and grapple rather than strike. Pure speculation though.

Hard to say. Not only do we know what Cormier can do at HW, but we know he can put on the necessary weight, carry it well, and be successful. We don't know if Jones can compete with the HWs and just put on minimal weight. We don't know if he can add size if he needs to, and still be effective enough. We don't know if he can deal with the guys who are bigger than he is. With Jones it is a complete mystery.

But I'd like to find out for sure. I would love for Jones to come back and move to HW. I might like to see him in a Gustafsson rematch, or maybe against Rumble. But I would rather see him against Werdum, Velasquez, JDS, Overeem, Browne, Miocic, Hunt, Mir, Bigfoot, or even Roy Nelson than anyone currently at LHW.

Jones beat an in shape....probably best shape DC ever that's not carrying around a useless 30+ extra fat pounds.

Think about that.

Back