Jones vs Blachowitz is such a hard sell

Bear Trapp

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Dominick Reyes had something different to offer that we hadn't seen before. An unorthodox fighting style with a huge amount of movement.

What has Blachowicz done to convince us this will be a competitive fight? Getting knocked out by Thiago Santos? Winning against a chinless Luke Rockhold with a head kick after the bell? Getting gifted a decision vs Jacare?

To top it off his talking ability is atrocious, with 0 ability to create hype. Did anyone care about his fight vs Corey Anderson?

Something seriously bugs me about how generic this guy is. I have a feeling he's gunna come in with a dumbass gameplan and get starched.

I think Jones can move up to Heavyweight now, he's done all he needs to do at LHW

His fight against Thiago was stupid as fuck though.

He followed a safe and sound game plan for the entire fight and didn't engage too much...until he decided to storm in like he was Lyoto Machida all of a sudden and got clipped bad.

He is a solid fighter but yeah.. I just see Jones picking him apart. Not mobile enough..

I see a similar fight to Reyes one...but this time Jones actually wins.
Jan blasting him with some good shots, Jones reseting...plodding forward...throwing some leg kicks..makes Jan fight at his range...more leg kicks...Jan waits for the counter...it comes every 5 mins but Jones has a good chin... Jones 48-47 by octagon control, maybe a one or two solid takedowns??
Whatever...

No shit, that’s why they won’t make it

Volkan should be Jones’s next fight

I'm not sure if any fight featuring an undefeated GOAT is really that hard a sell.
It's not like it's a main event between Dodson vs Borg for the newly minted 130lb strap.

A gift decision vs Jacare? Which round(s) did Jacare win?Screenshot_20200216-194553.png
Although I do agree Reyes/Jones 2 is the easier sell. Not sure how much that matters with the current ESPN ppv model. Jones clearly wants Jan, wouldn't be surprised if the UFC capitulates.

If they could sell Smith vs Jones, they can sell Jan vs Jones IMO.

Jan is in the same position smith, thiago and reyes were. All coming from good streaks but no one gived a fuck. Jones is a big name, should be enough.

His fight against Thiago was stupid as fuck though.

He followed a safe and sound game plan for the entire fight and didn't engage too much...until he decided to storm in like he was Lyoto Machida all of a sudden and got clipped bad.

He is a solid fighter but yeah.. I just see Jones picking him apart. Not mobile enough..
???
His leg was f..ed by Thiago's leg kicks, that's why he rushed him "all or nothing". He lost vs Sokouddjou similar way, but back then he just didn't continue fight after 2 rounds, here he went full berserker, doing same vs Thiago would be bad look for him.

Dominick Reyes had something different to offer that we hadn't seen before. An unorthodox fighting style with a huge amount of movement.

What has Blachowicz done to convince us this will be a competitive fight? Getting knocked out by Thiago Santos? Winning against a chinless Luke Rockhold with a head kick after the bell? Getting gifted a decision vs Jacare?

To top it off his talking ability is atrocious, with 0 ability to create hype. Did anyone care about his fight vs Corey Anderson?

Something seriously bugs me about how generic this guy is. I have a feeling he's gunna come in with a dumbass gameplan and get starched.

I think Jones can move up to Heavyweight now, he's done all he needs to do at LHW
Eh, your using revisionist history in regards to the Reyes fight. There plenty of people that didn't think much of Reyes. Almost every Jones fight is a hard sell these days.

The problem with him moving up to HW now is the giant asterisks that are Santos and reyes. I think he needs to right those wrongs first if he can. I get the feeling after these last 2 fights, the desire to see him at HW has quieted a tad.

As for Jan, while he did win against Anderson, I don't feel like he looked awesome doing it. Jones shot selection, durable chin, and sometimes his defense are going to negate Blahowicz's keys to victory. I do feel like bones is on borrowed time (until he proves otherwise), I don't think Blahowicz is the guy the clock runs out on.

One loss in his past eight fights, yet you only seen to find bad things to say about the guy. From what you wrote, I'd think he lost 7 of his last 8

No shit, that’s why they won’t make it

Volkan should be Jones’s next fight

Volkan? Lmao that's the def of a jobber.

Let's talk a about a real topic, JJ is a scared baby and doesn't want to fight at HW, why?

I see Jan beating Jones in 2 or 3 rounds. He will take out those toothpick legs of Jones first and then KO him later. Jones hasn't been the same. He looked terrible against Santos, lost to Reyes and should've lost a "Diego style" fight against Anthony Smith. People are sleeping on Blachowicz.

Jan is 7-1 in his last 8, and he was an underdog in all 8 fights. How is that a hard sell? He's literally been a career underdog.

Big deal, so is Usman vs Colby and random any weight class vs the long standing champ.

He's the #1 contender for sure, and it was easy.

One loss in his past eight fights, yet you only seen to find bad things to say about the guy. From what you wrote, I'd think he lost 7 of his last 8
His best wins are against middleweights- Souza, Rockhold, and Cannonier. That being said, I do think he's rightfully next in line- but that's more because of the sad current state of the division rather than his own achievements. He's no less worthy of the shot than Anthony Smith was.

Hold it in Poland in the largest arena they could find. Tell Jones he can have as juicy a sausage as he wants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back