jones vs adesanya would be fantastic for the sport

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
Both guys have a lot to win, both are n their primes.... if jones beat Israel he will get a lot of new fans, like khabib after beating mcgregor
If adesanya win he will be the new mcgregor in ppv terms.

It's a shame Jones is not undefeated. Would be awesome having two unbeaten MMA title holders go at it.

As a fan of both fighters, I think the fight itself would be a one sided beatdown by Jones, unless Israel managed to run around and away like Kaleb Starnes for 5 rounds to lose a lopsided decision to Jones

It would ruin a potential cash cow and would make the middleweight division look bad, kinda like what happened to Holloway and he didn't even fight the real champ.
There is no way Adesanya could ever beat Jon Jones.

Adesanya is a smaller version of Jones with no wrestling abilities (or so we havent seen yet). Chances to win against Jones are close to the Pico scale :/

Oops! Look at that... didnt mean no ironies there :D

There is no way Adesanya could ever beat Jon Jones.
Why though? We just saw "muay thai black belt" Thiago Santos stand with Jones. And arguably beat him. Izzy is a better striker with excellent tdd.

Both guys have a lot to win, both are n their primes.... if jones beat Israel he will get a lot of new fans, like khabib after beating mcgregor

it only good for jon cause he going to crush izzy

Jones is too big for most LHWs ... he would be too big for Israel who is a small (mass wise) MW.

I'll give Israel a shot if he can keep it standing though ...

Jones is clearly declining but his only "Bad" performances are guys closer to his size.

He destroys most people that can't reach him.

Jones is too big for most LHWs ... he would be too big for Israel who is a small (mass wise) MW.

I'll give Israel a shot if he can keep it standing though ...

Jones is clearly declining but his only "Bad" performances are guys closer to his size.

He destroys most people that can't reach him.
Yeah but jones didn't have much opposition in these couple of years beside DC and now thiago santos... gus was overrated AF

Izzy is a rising star and getting smashed by jones would really set him back. He also hasnt defended his title at all. The time is not right for this fight

It's an old debate. Should fighters clean out divisions, or move around?

Back before this 'champ champ' era, fights like these were called 'superfights', and so rare that they virtually didn't exist.

I, personally, think that era where superfights didn't exist > this champ-champ era. I said it when GSP didn't move up, and I said it again when Conor did.

And I also think it's harder and more telling to dominate one division for 5,6 or 8 years than it is to move up or down and win a bout outside your division in any given year.

In no uncertain terms, Israel v Jones would have huge short term implications. But that is not the same thing as - and should never be confused with - "good for the sport".

It wouldn't at all, it would be a total walk through for Jones. He can beat the brakes off of Izzy and have us calling him overacted. The problem is the DC went and lost so now Jones has absolutely nobody to make it interesting.
We only give a fuck about izzy because he talks all that video game shit and does a respectable amount of drugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back