Jones v Werdum at 215 Catchweight - Who wins

Dude Werdum would outstrike Jones. Watch for a early KO. Werdum is very dangerous off his back. Once Jones fights more people his own age and size you delusionals will see. Jones uses his reach mediocrely. Fingers to the eyes and hand out. Werdum would break that hand off. Werdum would make a mockery of Jones.

This...

Are you high? He fought to a virtual draw with Gus.

There is more than one HW that would tool him. JDS has everything Gus does but is better in all facets; TD defense, striking, etc.

Werdum would tool Jones. Jones would have to be desperate to stay off of the ground.

He fought to a virtual unanimous decision.

Also, what have you ever seen that makes you think Werdum could get Jones to the ground? Do you watch the Cormier fight?

Look, I'm no Werdum hater. I'm rooting for him all the way at HW. Didn't expect him to beat Cain, but was elated when he did. I'd put money on Jones.

Hunts next fight will be at 185. Rematch against Bigfoot.

For some reason I can't take the idea of Jones vs Werdum seriously. Sounds like it would be the goofiest trollfest of all time.

Every top 10 HW beats Jones easy. That's why he's a LHW. Can't believe you guys have such a hard time understanding this concept. Same thing with Conor, GSP, all of them...they go up and weight and get wrecked. Jones is 220 at best. HW's walk around at 260 plus...

I honestly think DC could beat Cain and possible Werdum, and Jones beat DC. But lets just say Jones fought Werdum, I think that would be a bad matchup for him stylistically, if for no other reason Jones has lanky ass limbs and would get them snatched.

I honestly think DC could beat Cain and possible Werdum, and Jones beat DC. But lets just say Jones fought Werdum, I think that would be a bad matchup for him stylistically, if for no other reason Jones has lanky ass limbs and would get them snatched.

I agree I think he gets a limb pulled off or snapped in half.

He fought to a virtual unanimous decision.

Also, what have you ever seen that makes you think Werdum could get Jones to the ground? Do you watch the Cormier fight?

Look, I'm no Werdum hater. I'm rooting for him all the way at HW. Didn't expect him to beat Cain, but was elated when he did. I'd put money on Jones.

He's managed to get plenty of guys to the ground. He can do it to Jones. Gus was able to score a takedown on him.

Werdum would destroy Jones. Very little doubt about that in my mind. Belfort nearly submitted him. If that had been Werdum his arm would be gone.

He's managed to get plenty of guys to the ground. He can do it to Jones. Gus was able to score a takedown on him.

Werdum would destroy Jones. Very little doubt about that in my mind. Belfort nearly submitted him. If that had been Werdum his arm would be gone.

He took Vitor down. Vitor didn't take him down.

I'm not saying Werdum can't win, but I doubt it.

I never said Vitor took him down. I said he nearly submitted him.

I was pointing out how the position came about. Werdum taking down Jones is not at all a sure thing. That's where Cain fucked up. Cain, Fedor, they put themselves in that position. I don't see Jones doing that. Against Vitor? Sure. I'm sure he didn't expect that from Vitor. He's got a good team around him, they wouldn't be dumb enough to want to actively engage Fabricio Werdum on the ground.

Why would it be at catchweight? Doesn't Werdum weigh like 230-245 range? Has he ever weighed 215? What the hell is the point? Jones has a larger frame than Werdum if he is going to go up just fight at HW. I think Jones wins to be frank but a very tough fight. Could really go either way.

Every top 10 HW beats Jones easy. That's why he's a LHW. Can't believe you guys have such a hard time understanding this concept. Same thing with Conor, GSP, all of them...they go up and weight and get wrecked. Jones is 220 at best. HW's walk around at 260 plus...

Most good HWs weigh like 240. Some do walk around at 260 but after training camp the best ones seem to be 240-245. Very few have to cut. Lesnar, Bigfoot, and a few others.

Dude Werdum would outstrike Jones. Watch for a early KO. Werdum is very dangerous off his back. Once Jones fights more people his own age and size you delusionals will see. Jones uses his reach mediocrely. Fingers to the eyes and hand out. Werdum would break that hand off. Werdum would make a mockery of Jones.

You're high, friend. Nothing wrong with that, just saying you shouldn't think the things you say are insightful when you're on heavy drugs. :D

Jones is his reach. Jones is his eyepokes. I would like to be wrong. I am ZERO a fan of Jones, but he and his team would have a game plan that would make for one boring "superfight". It would be Overeem/Werdum 2 in reverse. Jones would run. Werdum would have to channel his inner track star to ever be able to engage.

Sherdog would be disappoint.

I was pointing out how the position came about. Werdum taking down Jones is not at all a sure thing. That's where Cain fucked up. Cain, Fedor, they put themselves in that position. I don't see Jones doing that. Against Vitor? Sure. I'm sure he didn't expect that from Vitor. He's got a good team around him, they wouldn't be dumb enough to want to actively engage Fabricio Werdum on the ground.

Werdum is very underrated and I believe you are underrating him right now. He's probably the most underrated fighter in MMA. He could score a takedown, pull guard, hurt Jones standing or get taken down himself. There multiple ways to get the fight to the ground. Technically plenty of fighters would not engage him on the ground but many do. It would be foolish to think the fight wouldn't hit the ground at some point. Gus was able to get him with a take down. If he can Werdum can.

HW is 205-265. To answer the OP, the fans win.

You're high, friend. Nothing wrong with that, just saying you shouldn't think the things you say are insightful when you're on heavy drugs. :D

Jones is his reach. Jones is his eyepokes. I would like to be wrong. I am ZERO a fan of Jones, but he and his team would have a game plan that would make for one boring "superfight". It would be Overeem/Werdum 2 in reverse. Jones would run. Werdum would have to channel his inner track star to ever be able to engage.

Sherdog would be disappoint.

I respectfully disagree, he that hunts jamies. I think it would be right up there with the Shamrock/Severn superfight...:eek:

but I'd buy it just in case.

I respectfully disagree, he that hunts jamies. I think it would be right up there with the Shamrock/Severn superfight...:eek:

but I'd buy it just in case.

I'm a she named Jamie. I'd be very sad if it was like that travesty but I'd buy the fight in hopes both guys bring it. To be clear by very sad I mean that I would literally cry from the disappointment.

Back