Jones v Cormier - stand up

Edsonbarboza1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If jones stuffs all dc's take downs and it become stand up in the centre of the octagon,I can see a big finish for jones how on gods earth is dc going to be able to trade with bones?

Jones must dominate the striking to win the fight. As the fight goes on he needs to make those takedown attempts harder and harder and do damage with his striking.

Clinching, and box him up against the fence while he's pressuring him.

Who has Jones ever finished with strikes? Not ground and pound, but on the feet. Nobody? DC is the better boxer and he is bound to catch some of the push kicks from Jones.

My prediction still stands: DQ or NC from eye pokes.

Who has Jones ever finished with strikes? Not ground and pound, but on the feet. Nobody? DC is the better boxer and he is bound to catch some of the push kicks from Jones.

Shogun

If DC can't get Bones down he is going to be in some serious trouble because Bones will pick him apart on the feet

Can DC take him down ?

This is the question. What I wonder is how much Jones' length will cause problems for DC with takedowns. Rashad didn't seem to get anywhere near close enough to Jones to effect a TD, whereas Gus did, not sure if that was due to his length or not. DC is a better wrestler than Rashad but will be interesting how close he can get to Jones.

Stop being a fucking moron. TKO'd Shogun and made him tap to strikes, almost KO'd Machida with a left hook and choked him out, wrecked Rashad, Texeira and others in stand up.

Shogun and he KOd at least one other guy from his pre-championship run days (the video is on YouTube).

Other than Big Foot who got caught (and has only won two of his last seven fights), who has Cormier ever out struck on his feet?

Jones is going to drop DC with a spinning back kick to the body,or maybe a knee when dc goes for a take down.

DC can't strike with Jones. DC will get him down more than likely but won't do shit from the top.

The vast majority of that was ground and pound.

Stop being a fucking moron. TKO'd Shogun and made him tap to strikes, almost KO'd Machida with a left hook and choked him out, wrecked Rashad, Texeira and others in stand up.

Most of the damage dealt to Shogun was ground and pound, didn't almost KO Machida since Machida sprung back up to his feet immediately and got caught in a standing guillotine, he used dirty boxing on Teixeira and if he gets that close to DC then he's getting fucked up. He didn't finish Rashad or Teixeira either. Pillow fisted Jones is not finishing Cormier with strikes. Quote me on Sunday.

Shogun and he KOd at least one other guy from his pre-championship run days (the video is on YouTube).

Other than Big Foot who got caught (and has only won two of his last seven fights), who has Cormier ever out struck on his feet?

Cormier outstruck every single one of his opponents on the feet.

Jones would beat him up standing. I dont see him stopping Dc's takedowns though.

I think people tend to forget the fact that Jones always has a relatively severe speed advantage over his opponents (not named Lyoto or Rashad. )

Gus was able to give him trouble considering his range was no longer such an effective tool. Hypothetically if Jones is able to stuff takedowns and is able to mix in his kicks along with dynamic striking I think he will dispatch Cormier.

Cormier has a strength advantage and possibly a wrestling advantage in the fight, if he's able to land takedowns it will likely limit Jones into more of a boxing style, one which he doesn't seem to necessarily thrive with.

So to answer your question, if Jones is able to stuff DC I think he will pick him apart on the feet without the threat of a takedown, if DC pressures and takes down Jones I think the fight sways in the other direction.

tune into find out i guess as the bald uncle would say

But lets be real dc aint knocking him out imo,needs to rape him for 5 rounds on the mat to get a win and id be surprised if the judges dont give the champ the benefit of a decision (hendrix didnt get it tbf)

Most of the damage dealt to Shogun was ground and pound, didn't almost KO Machida since Machida sprung back up to his feet immediately and got caught in a standing guillotine, he used dirty boxing on Teixeira and if he gets that close to DC then he's getting fucked up. He didn't finish Rashad or Teixeira either. Pillow fisted Jones is not finishing Cormier with strikes. Quote me on Sunday.

Cormier outstruck every single one of his opponents on the feet.

People didn't think Jones would fuck up Texeira on the feet, they were wrong. Apart from power, Cormier has very basic striking (just like Texeira). Jones has also oustruck every single opponent. Don't be surprised if Jones fucks up Cormier on the feet. Also don't be surprised if he takes Cormier down and finishes him.

To be honest ts, neither one strikes me as funny..

Heheheheh.

Back