Jones to Reyes: I can kick box you to death

Work on that cardio for the championship rounds.

This for sure, though I wonder if his cardio might be one of those things that's either indicative of his style, or one of those Achilles heels most fighters have that doesn't seem to ever really improve, conor and yoel for example.

It's also possible that dwindling cardio in the late rounds might be more of a product of how hard reyes went in the early rounds, which is 100% necessary to make any ground on jones. I think we've seen that you have to push him HARD early before he gets into a rhythm in order to keep it competitive so it's entirely possible that pushing that hard of a pace will drain the tank regardless.

I also can't act like reyes gassed all on his own tho, jones was landing body kicks and a couple body shots throughout the fight that from round 3 and onwards you could see were taking a toll, not to mention the almost constant pressure of jones walking him down definitely wears on you when you've thrown everything but the kitchen sink and the dudes still marching forward.

It's unlikely that Jones will stray from that strategy in the rematch so it might not exclusively be a cardio issue for reyes, though I'm sure never having fought a hard physical 5 rounder effected reyes and he'll be more prepared in the rematch.

I can't wait for a rematch. I'm a pretty big jones fan but reyes has become one of my favorite fighters overnight lol such a sick skillset for someone relatively inexperienced, can't wait to see how it plays out.

Versus you who is discrediting Jon’s hypothetical rematch over Reyes before it’s even being discussed contractually. <Lmaoo>
You’re an entertaining one Gray. Nice to see you put some thought into your post and at least gave a somewhat decent reply this time

Every single GOAT fades around 10 years, the greatest runs of all time from our best champions include:

GSP 7 Active champion years, 10 years when he won his 2nd belt but used a long layoff and weak 185lb champ to do that.
Aldo 6 Active champion years, 10 years without losing.
Fedor 10 years without losing.
Demitrious - 6 very active years at the top.
Khabib - at 11 years but started facing the highest level of comp a bit later than Jones did
Jones is at 12 years undefeated

Among all of the most talented to ever do it, none have done it for as long as jones at the level of jones. He's slowing down, I think he's bored with the current group of challengers, and he's defying time that other all time greats seem to have fallen to. He looked great at DC and GUS 2, but since then has been underwhelming and its a matter of time before his reign is over. But he's done it longer already than any other great.

definatelly not bored. talks about legacy and history for the past 5 years.

shut up, reyes came early, busted his whole load, while missing most of his strikes, jones dominated dominik and with unlimited time, reyes could very well die, since jones was fresh while sucking away essential life energy.
This lol
Jones couldve actually boxed him to death

FAILED! Reyes beat him to the punch, made Jones run away half a dozen times.
Jones also said he can take him down, submit him. Jones did nuttin.
Is this all usada clearing up his pictograms or is Jones getting old and past his prime?
Lets get this thing clear, although Reyes arguably beat Jones, he is just a journeyman, he is an IT technician with just a few years of training in MMA and MMA is his second job. Jones on the other hand is the most dominant champ in the history of the UFC, who's been ruling the division for 10 years.
What happened to Jones, dogs?

You are completely disrespecting both those guys lol - paint your face, clown.

This for sure, though I wonder if his cardio might be one of those things that's either indicative of his style, or one of those Achilles heels most fighters have that doesn't seem to ever really improve, conor and yoel for example.

It's also possible that dwindling cardio in the late rounds might be more of a product of how hard reyes went in the early rounds, which is 100% necessary to make any ground on jones. I think we've seen that you have to push him HARD early before he gets into a rhythm in order to keep it competitive so it's entirely possible that pushing that hard of a pace will drain the tank regardless.

I also can't act like reyes gassed all on his own tho, jones was landing body kicks and a couple body shots throughout the fight that from round 3 and onwards you could see were taking a toll, not to mention the almost constant pressure of jones walking him down definitely wears on you when you've thrown everything but the kitchen sink and the dudes still marching forward.

It's unlikely that Jones will stray from that strategy in the rematch so it might not exclusively be a cardio issue for reyes, though I'm sure never having fought a hard physical 5 rounder effected reyes and he'll be more prepared in the rematch.

I can't wait for a rematch. I'm a pretty big jones fan but reyes has become one of my favorite fighters overnight lol such a sick skillset for someone relatively inexperienced, can't wait to see how it plays out.
The rematch is definitely gonna be a must see.

Size was the trouble
Rayes was around the same size.
Just like the first Gus fight.

Jones has made a career out of fighting middleweights.

Jones steroids can only help him so much.

Jones proved that GSP is the true GOAT over his past 3 fights.
Jones prove he isnt scared and fought the best constantly fighting the toughest fighters

Just to play devils advocate GSP tapped to strikes arguably lost to hendricks and subsequently retired after his first real challenge in years. Jones got a challenge and wants a rematch, not retirement.

Glass houses n such.

<GSPWoah>

GOAT talk is justification for fanboi obsession

Has Jones stated he’s keen for an immediate rematch?

Has Jones stated he’s keen for an immediate rematch?

Post fight I thought he did, could be wrong. Think that's the obvious move to make and it'll be a bad look if he doesn't (even tho I had it a clear but competitive win)

Post fight I thought he did, could be wrong. Think that's the obvious move to make and it'll be a bad look if he doesn't (even tho I had it a clear but competitive win)

mmmmmkay

I doubt Jon agrees to it.

If he doesn't I'll be the first one to call em a duck but love em or hate em jones has never shied away from a rematch.

I thought he wanted Gus to fight at least a contender first?

He already agreed to it. Go watch the post fight conference.

thanks, I will a little later

please note tho,
saying that at a presser and actually agreeing to and signing are very different things

Back