Jones to Reyes: I can kick box you to death

Nah Jon Jones blocked or slipped most. And rolled with a few.

I think i saw like three really solid strikes landing clean on Jones. A hook, a Uppercut, and a brutal body kick.

Mute Joe Rogan. And watch the fight again.
I hate arguing with people that dont understand mma. In particular Round 2 Jones was far more impressive slipping Reyes shots and arguably had the harder crisper strikes in particular to the head. Reyes looked more impressive until you take the time to see what landed

FAILED! Reyes beat him to the punch, made Jones run away half a dozen times.
Jones also said he can take him down, submit him. Jones did nuttin.
Is this all usada clearing up his pictograms or is Jones getting old and past his prime?
Lets get this thing clear, although Reyes arguably beat Jones, he is just a journeyman, he is an IT technician with just a few years of training in MMA and MMA is his second job. Jones on the other hand is the most dominant champ in the history of the UFC, who's been ruling the division for 10 years.
What happened to Jones, dogs?
a "few years of training" is so untrue.

He started fighting in 2014 and obviously didn't have his 1st MMA fight the moment he walked into a MMA gym.

He's probably been a mixed martial artist for nearly a decade now.

a "few years of training" is so untrue.

He started fighting in 2014 and obviously didn't have his 1st MMA fight the moment he walked into a MMA gym.

He's probably been a mixed martial artist for nearly a decade now.
the guy doesn't even train full time, he has real job

I agree with what you guys are saying to an extent. It was clear as day that Jones is the more skilled striker. He kept the pressure on and had Reyes panic flailing at times in the second. Jon didn't pull the trigger as often as he should have.

Fights aren't scored on who is the better fighter, though, and aggression is prioritized below effective striking and grappling. There is a very reasonable argument to be made that Reyes landed better shots and wasn't controlled in the grappling department for the first 3 rounds.

Perfectly reasonable argument, there were some clear Reyes rounds and some clear Jones rounds, as well as some close rounds that could've gone either way depending on what you like as a judge

49-46 was ridiculous but I had Jones up, could see Reyes up too but neither one would be a robbery.

Man Jones couldn't do shit in there. Couple of good kicks here and there and holding the centre. Forget round-based scoring, Jon got his ass whooped by a dude who came in 12-0. I legit was sure it was gonna be a boring ass Jon Jones decision but man was I wrong. That was the supposed GOAT and P4P no. 1? Fuck outta here. Whoever you scored it for, Jones overall perfomance was garbage.

Just to play devils advocate GSP tapped to strikes arguably lost to hendricks and subsequently retired after his first real challenge in years. Jones got a challenge and wants a rematch, not retirement.

Glass houses n such.

<GSPWoah>

GOAT talk is justification for fanboi obsession
Why do I feel like if this rematch actually happens Jon will mysteriously start pulsing again? And USADA scientists will scramble to explain how his training was so intense this time that it resurrected the picograms from a steroid he accidentally consumed many moons ago when he didn’t take steroids.

Why do I feel like if this rematch actually happens Jon will mysteriously start pulsing again?
because you let emotions dictate your opinion on Jones, since he is a greater fighter than Georges and has never been submitted or stomped out embarrassingly.

because you let emotions dictate your opinion on Jones, since he is a greater fighter than Georges and has never been submitted or stomped out embarrassingly.
Lol, says the guy who’s emotions caused him to immediately respond to my post with an obviously emotional post.

Why do I feel like if this rematch actually happens Jon will mysteriously start pulsing again? And USADA scientists will scramble to explain how his training was so intense this time that it resurrected the picograms from a steroid he accidentally consumed many moons ago when he didn’t take steroids.

Lmao I wouldn't put it past him but tbh if he was gonna keep using the pulsing excuse I'd imagine he would've been doing it the whole time. You're either a cheater or you're not. I doubt he's gonna sit down and be like "ok guiz no needles in the butt this camp, we need to be clean for this one".

Reyes is a live dog (said that from the get go) but Jones usually looks pretty good in rematches. Reyes did literally everything he could and wasnt able to get it done, not sure how he improves on that great performance.

Jones on the other hand looked pretty flat at times, maybe this is lit the fire under his ass that he needs to go out there and look like the jones of old.

Lmao I wouldn't put it past him but tbh if he was gonna keep using the pulsing excuse I'd imagine he would've been doing it the whole time. You're either a cheater or you're not. I doubt he's gonna sit down and be like "ok guiz no needles in the butt this camp, we need to be clean for this one".

Reyes is a live dog (said that from the get go) but Jones usually looks pretty good in rematches. Reyes did literally everything he could and wasnt able to get it done, not sure how he improves on that great performance.

Jones on the other hand looked pretty flat at times, maybe this is lit the fire under his ass that he needs to go out there and look like the jones of old.
Work on that cardio for the championship rounds.

Well if it’s to the death, then Jones is actually correct, as he had the superior cardio Saturday night and would likely outlast Reyes.

Seriously though, TS doesn’t know the meaning of “journeyman”. A 12-0 fighter in the UFC would be considered a promising prospect, not a journeyman.

Every single GOAT fades around 10 years, the greatest runs of all time from our best champions include:

GSP 7 Active champion years, 10 years when he won his 2nd belt but used a long layoff and weak 185lb champ to do that.
Aldo 6 Active champion years, 10 years without losing.
Fedor 10 years without losing.
Demitrious - 6 very active years at the top.
Khabib - at 11 years but started facing the highest level of comp a bit later than Jones did
Jones is at 12 years undefeated

Among all of the most talented to ever do it, none have done it for as long as jones at the level of jones. He's slowing down, I think he's bored with the current group of challengers, and he's defying time that other all time greats seem to have fallen to. He looked great at DC and GUS 2, but since then has been underwhelming and its a matter of time before his reign is over. But he's done it longer already than any other great.

Nah Jon Jones blocked or slipped most. And rolled with a few.

I think i saw like three really solid strikes landing clean on Jones. A hook, a Uppercut, and a brutal body kick.

Mute Joe Rogan. And watch the fight again.

I don’t like jones...at all. And this dude although never technically made made it, his actual achievements should still be respected (although admittedly I have not always done) and recognized he knows his shit more then anyone on this forum 10 fold and he’s right

Lol, yep emotional. Reaching for that 13 year old security blanket.
Versus you who is discrediting Jon’s hypothetical rematch over Reyes before it’s even being discussed contractually. <Lmaoo>

I mean, Jon Jones was the first elite-light heavyweight Reyes has fought, but judging by that fight alone, he's a better striker than Jon Jones at the very least.
Reyes outstruck Jon Jones over the course of 25 minutes and has connected really good at times, making Jon either turn his back and run away, or start to wrestle, (example: at the beginning of the fourth round, roughly 18 seconds in, Jones connects with a left cross on Jones' chin, visibly hurting him and making him retreat immediately, just before eating a powerful left hook from Dominick Reyes, which made Jon start to wrestle.)

Significant strikes (total) landed by position, Jon Jones in red, Dominick Reyes in blue:

Head: 31 to 41 (+10 Reyes)

Body: 30 to 48 (+18 Reyes)

Legs: 43 to 27 (+16 Jones)

Back