Jones to Helwani: I watched the fight 10 more times and I decisively won

I agree with Jones, after rewatching the fight once: he won rounds 2, 4 & 5. There is no case for am immediate rematch. Bring on Glover and Cormier.

Why is this laughable. He won with no controversy really. A rematch would be great, but it can definitely be down the line a bit.

No controversy?

You people need to stop trolling and get of JJ nutsack.

Jones barely won (IMO he lost), a good number of fighters and fans think he definitely lost.

There should be an immediate rematch

The fact that he needs to watch the fight 10 more times to convince himself that he won already shows he's uncertain.

I think Sherdog just loves a little controversy. Look at this:

jDZv3DxAPON4Y.jpg

People will say they are all Zuffa puppets, blah blah blah, let me remind you...

jbfJUbmDZyCvtA.jpg

They all had Machida over Davis.

I agree with Jones, after rewatching the fight once: he won rounds 2, 4 & 5. There is no case for am immediate rematch. Bring on Glover and Cormier.

Stop postin. Cormier and Glove can fight each other while Sweden fills the pockets of Zuffa.

I thought it was a clear win for Jones as well, and I fucking hate him.

If the company you keep is with a bunch of guys deemed so routinely incompetent that there is a well used saying about how you should never leave it in their hands, well... that's your cross to bear. :icon_lol:

Fighters and fans have come out for Gustafsson at around a rate of more than 2:1. They saw Gus send Jones to the hospital on a stretcher and walk out of the cage like a boss. Not sure what fight you saw.

Because it's really hard to understand why fighters might sympathize with and relate to the huge underdog who showed warrior spirit and came close to the title and then failed more than the unsympathetic wunderkind...yep!

2:1 rate is probably the rate of people letting Jones' personality affect their scoring to unbiased fans as well.

I think Sherdog just loves a little controversy. Look at this:

jDZv3DxAPON4Y.jpg

People will say they are all Zuffa puppets, blah blah blah, let me remind you...

jbfJUbmDZyCvtA.jpg

They all had Machida over Davis.

Yeah... people just can't accept their bias against Jones. Fans and fighters alike.

You want to see who won a fight? Look at what every media journalist is saying. That is what they do for a living.

Seriously, even If I feel a fighter won.. If every media site says otherwise I assume I was biased while watching... Instead of launching a massive stupid tirade not based in reality.

I'd rather see Gus fight Mousasi first like he was originally going to over an immediate rematch, just because I think it's a fun match-up. He'll get another crack at it soon enough either way.

Decisive is not the word I would use to describe How Jones won.

Decisively huh? I've watched the fight several times as well (not 10) and am comfortable scoring that fight for Gus. I was a close fight but Gus decisively won imo.

I hate the recent flood of immediate rematches but I can't think of a more deserving one in recent memory.

I have no issue with Jones thinking he won, I will disagree just like gus will lol.

But for him to say no rematch because he was only fighting a 70% and still won...I mean come on...this guy is such a prick. He is always so damn disrespectful to his opponents after a fight...every single one of them.

Flip the coin and Gus has been nothing but respectful, and didnt make excuses for losing, jones makes excuses for it being a close fight...like give me a break lol.

Also didnt Jones leave the hospital with no broken foot? Guy is full of shit...its called getting hurt in a fight.

Here, this thread needs this:

The fact that this fight is being debated in this thread, emphases the dispute; and therefore, this fight has a contentious decision.

sorry but the MMA rules are not written in a dictionary and they don't really mention fans either.

The fight is decided by the judges.

Even if you don't agree with the judges, maybe professional journalists who have an obligation to report to the public with a certain amount of accuracy and competence might convince you there might possibly be a bit of bias on your side, if they all announce Jones as the winner?

sorry but the MMA rules are not written in a dictionary and they don't really mention fans either.

The fight is decided by the judges.

Even if you don't agree with the judges, maybe professional journalists who have an obligation to report to the public with a certain amount of accuracy and competence might convince you there might possibly be a bit of bias on your side, if they all announce Jones as the winner?

But the definition of controversy is written in the dictionary, and this decision is controversial. It's not that difficult to understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back