Jones to Helwani: I watched the fight 10 more times and I decisively won

Why is this laughable. He won with no controversy really. A rematch would be great, but it can definitely be down the line a bit.

Why?

Just because you don't think it should be controversial does not mean it isn't controversial. There other people and their opinions kind of matter too. The vast majority on sherdog think Gus won.

Except he was outstruck and did 0 with a takedown (didn't even get guard and never controlled) soooooooooo.

I'll take Josh Barnett's opinion over yours. And I agree with the Warmaster that Jones will take the rematch.

Yea... 24 sig strikes to 24 is being outstruck.

Why?

Just because you don't think it should be controversial does not mean it isn't controversial. There other people and their opinions kind of matter too. The vast majority on sherdog think Gus won.

And where are you getting this 'vast' majority from? Dumbass

Anyone who says it was decisive either way is either a fanboy or a hater. An objective viewer saw a close ass fight.

It's funny how most people claiming there is any controversy when there really isn't at all are also claiming Gus DOMINATED the fight.

that is bias in its purest form and just shows the controversy is only in their heads

It was a controversial decision. There is no question about that given the reaction afterwards.

The fight was close as hell. The fact that the unanimous judges didn't score rounds the same (one gave round 2 to Gus and one gave round 3 to Gus) shows that those rounds were essentially coin flips.

Anyone who says it was decisive either way is either a fanboy or a hater. An objective viewer saw a close ass fight.

+1

It was obviously not "decisive" lol and you don't have to be a JJ hater to see that. Only JJ nuthuggers see it the other way around with their JJ goggles on.

Last edited:
No controversy to anyone being reasonable and non biased. A toss up fight will never be controversial to me.

LMAO... Please use a dictionary and look up the word..holy shit..your post made me laugh...

Say what you want about who won, Gus still beat the crap out of Jones and let's face it, Jones is not looking forward to a rematch anytime soon. Glover is way slower and an easier opponent for Jones to control.

Let him fight Glover and then the winner fights the winner of Gus vs. Machida. Sounds good to me. :)

I like this idea. Whether or not Gus "won", these insta-rematches must stop. Why does the UFC not understand this? Let the rivalry simmer for a while; in the meantime the guy who lost racks up another win or two. By the time they fight again, the hype will be unreal. And even if the guy loses in the meantime, it just puts over another guy as a legit contender. UFC needs to learn what patience is.

That's how I scored the fight as well, surprised he admitted losing a few rounds though, if I remember correctly Machida thought he won all rounds against Shogun

When JoJo's career ends from injuries, he should replace Cecil Peoples.

:D

That's how I scored the fight as well, surprised he admitted losing a few rounds though, if I remember correctly Machida thought he won all rounds against Shogun

He's just realistic and honest. Which cannot really be said for his detractors who seem to not only know the meaning of the word controversy but also domination (like Gus DOMINATED the fight...lol)

I really don't like Jon Jones but he did win the 2nd, 4th, & 5th on my cards

please no more immediate rematches.

He really did. Rounds 2, 4 and 5 were Jones's.

We see lots of difficult and razor thin decisions. I was going for Gus and hope he wins a rematch but he did lose that fight.

Just about every Benson decision is 10 times more contentious than this decision.

It was the right decision. Even though i was hoping it went to Gus, Jones won.

Peoples' bias and shock of Gus taking the fight to Jones skewed their objective views.

Why is this laughable. He won with no controversy really. A rematch would be great, but it can definitely be down the line a bit.

Yeah, no controversy when nearly 70% of Sherdog thinks Gus won the fight, along with a large portion of viewers outside of Sherdog.

Back