Jones to Helwani: I watched the fight 10 more times and I decisively won

Wow. I was totally neutral on JJ before this fight but the way he has acted since has made me dislike him. Why is it so hard to just admit it was close and give Gus a rematch? I think Barnett got it right, Jones doesn't handle being hit well and he doesn't like it. He doesn't want to fight Gus again because he knows it will be another war.

Oh okay thanks Jon for watching the fight ten times for everybody so now we can all stop talking about this. Verdict is in everybody! Jones decisively won.

I hope for his sake Jones never overhears Dana talking to the Fertittas about this fight on the phone. Poor boy probably couldn't take knowing what some people really think about him.

What was said?

1) There is legitimate controversy regarding the winner.

2) Each guy did enough to reasonably think he won.

3) The rematch should happen on the Super Bowl card.

4) The rematch will be a 2014 FOTY candidate.

That is all.

that's not controversy, that's just people being haters or involuntarily biased.

the judges scored it unanimous (one guy actually 49-46 which I don't necessarily agree with but hey) Literally all the media that seriously covers MMA had it for Jones.

Big Jon himself, the guy who watched the entire fight from inside the cage scored it for Jones....

It was a controversial decision. There is no question about that given the reaction afterwards.

The fight was close as hell. The fact that the unanimous judges didn't score rounds the same (one gave round 2 to Gus and one gave round 3 to Gus) shows that those rounds were essentially coin flips.

Anyone who says it was decisive either way is either a fanboy or a hater. An objective viewer saw a close ass fight.

Some of you retards need to look up controversy. This fight definetly has sparked some

538.gif

Damn Sulu is sure having a hell of a time here

No controversy to anyone being reasonable and non biased. A toss up fight will never be controversial to me.

You mean like fighters? Because almost across the board fighters felt Gus was close if not winning.

Jones continues to show why he is so disliked. Gus keeping his mouth shut generally, but being honest and sincere when asked, has grown on me.

Highlarious!

Jones did win decisively... 2,4,5. He's right, no immediate rematch.

Do you know what controversy is? More than half the people on this board think Gus won.

More than half the people on this board absolutely hate Jon jones, so it isn't surprising that they'd take a close fight and use it against him.

You mean like fighters? Because almost across the board fighters felt Gus was close if not winning.

Jones continues to show why he is so disliked. Gus keeping his mouth shut generally, but being honest and sincere when asked, has grown on me.

Yes sure, the guys that get picks wrong all the time. The guys that pick their friends, teammates, and who they like in fights all the time. I saw some act like it was robbery, you can toss those fighters opinions out the window too. No way in hell is a toss up fight a robbery, yet some had that sentiment and some flat out said it.

Meh. The fight wasn't close. Watched it2x (with sound) and I gave it to jones both times.

It was close meaning gus was close to win, closer to a draw, and did the least worst among contenders.

Next fight please.

Yes sure, the guys that get picks wrong all the time. The guys that pick their friends, teammates, and who they like in fights all the time. I saw some act like it was robbery, you can toss those fighters opinions out the window too. No no way in hell a toss up fight is a robbery.

So getting predictions wrong now makes you unable to see fights that are happening.

I don't think it was a robbery. Also think you're a complete moron.

I think it is much easier to give jones 3 rounds than to give Gus three rounds many of the rounds were so close

More than half the people on this board absolutely hate Jon jones, so it isn't surprising that they'd take a close fight and use it against him.

I'm no big fan of Jones but he won this fight fair and square.

Gus should have to earn his way back for a rematch.

So getting predictions wrong now makes you unable to see fights that are happening.

I don't think it was a robbery. Also think you're a complete moron.

Yet a good amount acted like it was, moron.

Back