Jones to Helwani: I watched the fight 10 more times and I decisively won

Jozo Sha

#FuckCancer Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Nice how Bones flip-flopped on an immediate rematch for Gus, saying now that he thinks others should have a chance, because he watched the fight 10 times over the last three days and decided he won rounds 2, 4 & 5.

He'll fight Gus if the UFC insists, but would rather give Glover a chance - methinks Bones got enough Gus for one career....

*source Fox Sports1, Chael interviewing Helwani who said the above. Also they did a Skype with Gus - he said the elbow in the 4th was what sucked out all his energy for the 5th round :(

538.gif

Let him fight Glover and then the winner fights the winner of Gus vs. Machida. Sounds good to me. :)

Why is this laughable. He won with no controversy really. A rematch would be great, but it can definitely be down the line a bit.

Oh okay thanks Jon for watching the fight ten times for everybody so now we can all stop talking about this. Verdict is in everybody! Jones decisively won.

I hope for his sake Jones never overhears Dana talking to the Fertittas about this fight on the phone. Poor boy probably couldn't take knowing what some people really think about him.

I really don't like Jon Jones but he did win the 2nd, 4th, & 5th on my cards

please no more immediate rematches.

Why is this laughable. He won with no controversy really. A rematch would be great, but it can definitely be down the line a bit.

Do you know what controversy is? More than half the people on this board think Gus won.

Do you know what controversy is? More than half the people on this board think Gus won.

Including most fighters. Which doesn't mean he won, but it does add to the concept of controversy.

So he gave it 3 rounds to 2 for himself. Better statement than I've heard from other fighters.

Gus came very close, but it wasn't worth of swinging either way, in my opinion (2, 4, 5 Jones. 4 and 5 were no question), thus no real point of an immediate rematch. If I was DFW I'd have Gus go through another title eliminator before a rematch.

that's not controversy, that's just people being haters or involuntarily biased.

the judges scored it unanimous (one guy actually 49-46 which I don't necessarily agree with but hey) Literally all the media that seriously covers MMA had it for Jones.

Big Jon himself, the guy who watched the entire fight from inside the cage scored it for Jones....

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

Pretty sure he'd say he is the winner no matter what happened

Had him winning the same rounds. Fight still wasn't decisive.

I wanted Gus to win but Jones won and that is all there is too it. It was a close match, prop to Gus.

Gus came very close, but it wasn't worth of swinging either way, in my opinion (2, 4, 5 Jones. 4 and 5 were no question), thus no real point of an immediate rematch. If I was DFW I'd have Gus go through another title eliminator before a rematch.

Except he was outstruck and did 0 with a takedown (didn't even get guard and never controlled) soooooooooo.

I'll take Josh Barnett's opinion over yours. And I agree with the Warmaster that Jones will take the rematch.

Another vote for 2,4 and 5.

Good fight, looking forward to the rematch. I'd be Ok with them each fighting another opponent first tho

He only absolutely won round 5, even in round 4 he was losing that round by far until he started spaming spinning elbows.

Back