Jones. The WIN is what matters.

Spinjitsu

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd prefer Jones to always win without much adversity. That won't always be the case though as he will face competition that is skilled and hungry. In that event i'm not concerned with the small victories of his opponents. I don't care who proves some point by taking him down. I don't care who rocks or staggers him, so long as he recovers and continues fighting. His opponents can get the minor applause for chipping away at the giant. All I care is that Jones gets the WIN, at the end of the fight. The win and remaining champion is what matters to Jones, as well as his fans.

Not really thread worthy.

I'd prefer Jones to always win without much adversity. That won't always be the case though as he will face competition that is skilled and hungry. In that event i'm not concerned with the small victories of his opponents. I don't care who proves some point by taking him down. I don't care who rocks or staggers him, so long as he recovers and continues fighting. His opponents can get the minor applause for chipping away at the giant. All I care is that Jones gets the WIN, at the end of the fight. The win and remaining champion is what matters to Jones, as well as his fans.

Word up, That's real talk. WAR JBJ!

Your type is always the first off the bandwagon when he loses.

The win and remaining champion is what matters to Jones, as well as his fans.

Not thread worthy as the other put it

But Jones is a smart fighter with a very good in fight/in cage IQ, Silva, jones and GSP are fighters who know how to win.

Some may not like them or like how they win but they win. Whats the mentality of a champion, good question and if you watch them you see the answer.

If the win is all that matters, then Jones really did lose to Hamill.

Am I doing it right?

Maybe thread worthy, maybe not. I'm just tired of the silly little barbs declaring losers 'winners' for managing to dent and scratch a champion fighter. There is a mentality in MMA now to construct 'people's champions' (Sonnen) instead of respecting the REAL ones. Not to mention people do any and everything to diminish the quality of Jones as a great champion. It irks me that Pierre fans throw barbs at Jones when Jones would annihilate Pierre and anyone he has beaten. This is indeed thread worthy IMO, because whenever Jones manages to get hit people make 15 threads about how 'exposed' he was and how weak his reign is. Yeah,yeah, all champions go through that. Not like Jones. What he goes through is nastier and far more calculated. I'm simply stating loud and clear whenever he fights, as long as he wins his haters and opponents can have their moral victories. Jones will take the belt and growing legacy.

Maybe thread worthy, maybe not. I'm just tired of the silly little barbs declaring losers 'winners' for managing to dent and scratch a champion fighter. There is a mentality in MMA now to construct 'people's champions' (Sonnen) instead of respecting the REAL ones. Not to mention people do any and everything to diminish the quality of Jones as a great champion. It irks me that Pierre fans throw barbs at Jones when Jones would annihilate Pierre and anyone he has beaten. This is indeed thread worthy IMO, because whenever Jones manages to get hit people make 15 threads about how 'exposed' he was and how weak his reign is. Yeah,yeah, all champions go through that. Not like Jones. What he goes through is nastier and far more calculated. I'm simply stating loud and clear whenever he fights, as long as he wins his haters and opponents can have their moral victories. Jones will take the belt and growing legacy.

Not sure if you

Whats it like being a total shithead?

Hey I take that back, I noticed the Lego ninja reference, my 3 year old nephew loves that stuff.

Bendo would take a win via opponent slipping on banana peel.

To a degree. I don't really see anybody left at 205 for Jones. The only guys that he needs to fight below heavyweight are Anderson and Hendo. The Chael fight doesn't really make sense in any way and he already beat all the other top guys at 205.

The win does matter, but it's not all that matters. If he stays at 205 much longer, he will run out of relevant fights. If Glover does well against Rampage(I don't think he will) he puts himself up there too. Another solid potential opponent could reasonably put off a move to heavy for Jones.

Holy wall of text!

I have not seen many GSP fans dismissing JBJ honestly. I think most GSP fans (like me) are also JBJ fans. Both are Jackson breeded and Jon was even a Tristar fighter for a short while. Both Jackson fighters, both Tristar fighters, both champions of their respective division. I don't see what there is not to like about JBJ when you are a GSP fan.

JBJ is all that GSP is not. And GSP is all that Jon Jones is not. Together, they form the perfect fighter. Imagine, the physical greatness of Jon Jones coupled to GSP's fight IQ. Jon Jones' unorthodox striking mixed with GSP's incredible movement. Jon Jones' elusiveness and creativity added to GSP's discipline and composure.

For me, these two guys embody the whole martial art mentality and dedication. Feel free to hate or even laugh, I'm the one having a good time every time they fight and you haters are the ones crying every time they win.

Wouldn't you rather be in my place, where your favorite fighters reign undisputed over their division? And it's not like I'm a champion worshiper, I have been a GSP fan since 2003 and a Jon Jones fan since 2009 (Bonnar fight).

And TS, you know that button named "enter" on your keyboard? Not only can it be used to post your opinion, it can also be used to create some paragraphs.

They help for reading.

Just don't use them too much.

But use them nonetheless.

Back