Jones testing positive isn't the scandal. The UFC's response to it is.

Personally, I don't care much for Jones but absolutely do not care about this. He's a twenty-seven year old millionaire who likes to live the life, OF COURSE he's doing coke.

He tested positive for trace amounts at a time when he wasn't supposed to be tested for this type of drug. The only reason they ever test for it is to ensure fighters aren't fighting high, it's not about making sure professional athletes aren't doing cocaine on their own time. The test was a serious breech of his privacy, and I'm glad Zuffa is throwing him their support.

People hate Jones, and I think that's why this such a big deal. A lot of people wanted to see him lose his belt, and he never does, so this is the next best thing. Not going to lie, I really wanted to see Cormier win, but Jones beat him and looked great doing it.

It's fine if you hate Jones and are really enjoying this, get whatever you want out of MMA. Personally, I think he's a grown man, what he does in his private life is his own business, and if they hadn't given him the wrong test nobody would have known. He meets all his obligations. He makes weight. He beats EVERYONE.

I can't believe how much people are sucked into the drama, I blame Brock and the wrestling fans he brought over.

Personally, I don't care much for Jones but absolutely do not care about this. He's a twenty-seven year old millionaire who likes to live the life, OF COURSE he's doing coke.

He tested positive for trace amounts at a time when he wasn't supposed to be tested for this type of drug. The only reason they ever test for it is to ensure fighters aren't fighting high, it's not about making sure professional athletes aren't doing cocaine on their own time. The test was a serious breech of his privacy, and I'm glad Zuffa is throwing him their support.

People hate Jones, and I think that's why this such a big deal. A lot of people wanted to see him lose his belt, and he never does, so this is the next best thing. Not going to lie, I really wanted to see Cormier win, but Jones beat him and looked great doing it.

It's fine if you hate Jones and are really enjoying this, get whatever you want out of MMA. Personally, I think he's a grown man, what he does in his private life is his own business, and if they hadn't given him the wrong test nobody would have known. He meets all his obligations. He makes weight. He beats EVERYONE.

I can't believe how much people are sucked into the drama, I blame Brock and the wrestling fans he brought over.

Spoken like bunny colvin :rolleyes:

Those is old news now anyhow, the real issue has now turned into the discrepancy with his t/e ratios. Based on the results, his ratios seem to be consistent with someone introducing synthetic epitestosterone into their system in order to mask/regulate t/e levels that would otherwise be red flags for ped use.

He was tested for something he should not have been tested for by the NSAC. They had no legal recourse, as I already said.

What the UFC is able to do is an entirely different story.

The UFC is free to sanction fighters under their quite broadly phrased code of conduct. Jones going into rehab a week after his biggest fight cuts against the grain of this, for example: "Fighters shall conduct themselves in accordance with commonly accepted standards of decency, social convention, and morals, and fighters will not commit any act or become involved in any situation or occurrence or make any statement which will reflect negatively upon or bring disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule or disdain to the fighter or the UFC."

Yep, this is true, but I can't imagine Zuffa even slapping him on the wrist for testing positive for trace amounts. I could be wrong but I feel if he meets his obligations and remains professional, something like this is easily ignored (or smoothed over).

Basically, it would be different if it was having an effect on their business relationship.

The fact that Cormier made a paltry 90k underscores this fact.

Where it all goes from here is anyone's guess, but I suspect that the UFC is only shades away from being in full Don King territory.

Im sure cormier got a ppv cut.

The NSAC may not be free to punish him, but the UFC certainly. They can fine him or suspend him based on their code of conduct.

I am much more interested in his t/e levels that seem to strongly suggest PED usage. The UFC has not made any statement about that as far as I am aware.

Accidentally quoted you a second time.

Oops.

:redface:

Yep, this is true, but I can't imagine Zuffa even slapping him on the wrist for testing positive for trace amounts. I could be wrong but I feel if he meets his obligations and remains professional, something like this is easily ignored (or smoothed over).

Basically, it would be different if it was having an effect on their business relationship.

Right.

I was responding to the idea that the UFC has no ability to otherwise. Slapping him on the wrist is a business decision, but it very well may turn out to be short-sighted.

There's never been a paper bag for drugs.

Until now.

wire-all-due-respect-bunny_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

Great quote, especially paired with the AV.

I tend to cycle through Wire characters for my avatar, but in light of current events, this will stick a bit longer I think.

Personally, I don't care much for Jones but absolutely do not care about this.

The fuck are you bloviating about? You've been in like every Jones thread since fight night.

The UFC's response to this versus their response to marijuana violations tells me one thing and one thing only.

Dana and Lorenzo are absolutely 100% for sure coke heads, or they used to be and still dabble occasionally.

The UFC's response to this versus their response to marijuana violations tells me one thing and one thing only.

Dana and Lorenzo are absolutely 100% for sure coke heads, or they used to be and still dabble occasionally.

Are you sure about that?

Exactly what marijuana incidents are you talking about?

An important difference might be that this wasn't actually a violation, which is why there is no penalty from the NVAC.

They consistently do the same thing regarding out of competition drug use - don't give a fuck. Till you break ac rules.

Too many words for you?

Ask a friend for help.

As per what I quoted, I was taking a jab at your claims of "not caring" while you've been posting on the topic ad infinitum.

What's a "friend?"

Are you sure about that?

Exactly what marijuana incidents are you talking about?

An important difference might be that this wasn't actually a violation, which is why there is no penalty from the NVAC.

There *was* a violation of the UFC Code of Conduct. Which they - independent of the NSAC - fell back upon to penalize Pat Healy RE: weed, rescinding his 130k in bonuses.

As per what I quoted, I was taking a jab at your claims of "not caring" while you've been posting on the topic ad infinitum.

What's a "friend?"

I don't care that he did coke.

There *was* a violation of the UFC Code of Conduct. Which they - independent of the NSAC - fell back upon to penalize Pat Healy RE: weed, rescinding his 130k in bonuses.

Healy failed his post fight test and his fight was a nc. Cmon.

Prove that Jones has substance abuse issues. Unless his post-fight test comes back with coke as well, one instance of coke doesn't constitute abuse or addiction. He may do it once every year when he is on Thanksgiving holiday for all the UFC knows.

EDIT* My point isn't to argue that he doesn't have a problem but to say the UFC's hands are tied. Jones didn't violate his contract.

The fact that he's off to rehab isn't proof enough? :icon_neut

They took away his bonus because the NSAC took away the win.

I wouldn't call that "independent of".

Back