Jones smartest move ever was..

...ducking the rematch with Alexander Gustavsson. The fight everybody wanted and UFC promised.

Would that ducking have happend if it was an american fighter and not a swede?

Gus was ducking Jones by pulling out of the fight after it was scheduled.

^^^^ That line was just to piss you off.Your post was as irrational as that.

Why are you being so petty that you have to go way back and
dredge up something in the past to hate on Jones.

Just cause he took your soul today?cmon.

Oh and Jones will put a beating on Gus the next time they fight that will have all the Gus 'fans' yelping and turning tail.

After that?Its time to end it all.There's an excellent thread on razors in the Mayberry thread.They should read that.

If anything Gus ducked him when he conveniently pulled out of the rematch.

Q: Would that ducking have happend if it was an american fighter and not a swede?

A: ?

There was no ducking.

Gus didn't deserve the rematch and the UFC knew it.

They also knew that Teixeira had earned the next shot.

If the UFC wanted Jones to fight Gus, he would have fought Gus.

Though I'm excited to see the rematch, I'm glad it wasn't immediate.

Waiting a fight or two before a rematch gives a chance for more hype to build and gives a chance for both fighters to improve and address the necessary aspects of their respective games.

I really don't like how loose the UFC is with immediate rematches.
Agree. But that is not the topic. The topic is Jones himself opting out of the Gus to challenge Glover..

Jones excels when he has a huge reach advantage. It was in his own interests to duck Gus rematch as he arguably lost the first fight.

The Mauler is waiting. You can run Jonny, but you cannot hide.

Jones smartest move was to put his fingers in the eye of DC.

Like he did several times before in prior fights.

There was no ducking.

Gus didn't deserve the rematch and the UFC knew it.

They also knew that Teixeira had earned the next shot.

If the UFC wanted Jones to fight Gus, he would have fought Gus.
I, and the rest of the serious MMA community, rest our case.

Why is this such an issue to you? The majority of people, including pros, favored DC to win this past fight. Well, Jones faced him gladly and shut him down too, so now you're falling back on this stale 'ducking' nonsense because, I presume, you just have nothing else with which to belittle him.

I'm sure he would've fought whoever they put in front of him.
But he didn't. He asked for Glover himself!!! So you are wrong. Just admit it and agree with me it was smart ducking move by him :icon_lol:

Agree. But that is not the topic. The topic is Jones himself opting out of the Gus to challenge Glover..

Gus got injured, Glover was next in line and Jones knew he wouldn't lose to him. Why wouldn't he take the easy pay day?

What do you want him to do, sit out until Gus is healthy? He's already been in shit for refusing to fight someone.

Gus will get his shot at Jones again, and I hope it's as good a fight as the first.

But he didn't. He asked for Glover himself!!! So you are wrong. Just admit it and agree with me it was smart ducking move by him :icon_lol:

Because he earned his shot. And last I checked, Jones didn't pull out. Seriously, stop quoting me.

Because he earned his shot. And last I checked, Jones didn't pull out. Seriously, stop quoting me.
He asked Dana for Glover, against all other wishes. This is all facts dude.

So what if he fought Glover? He was scheduled for a rematch. That's hardly ducking.

I hate JbJ as much as the next guy, but he really isn't afraid of anything. He sees every fight as a challenge for himself and who the opponent is seems secondary. At the time Glover seemed to be legit as well. I think JbJ wants the rematch bad as well because he was disappointed by his performance.

So what if he fought Glover? He was scheduled for a rematch. That's hardly ducking.
Everybody know Gus got to him. Thats why he asked for Glover. Now, if you would be kind answering the question please.

Would that ducking have happend if it was an american fighter (lest say DC) and not a swede?
I hate JbJ as much as the next guy, but he really isn't afraid of anything. He sees every fight as a challenge for himself and who the opponent is seems secondary. At the time Glover seemed to be legit as well. I think JbJ wants the rematch bad as well because he was disappointed by his performance.
Stop with the hate thing. I got tons of respect for Jones skills. But, he clearly needed time of to build his confidence back and made Gus wait. Btw. Who do you think he's rooting for in the Gus vs Rumble fight, pleasee be honest :)

Now come on now y'all! people in here sound like the post fight reporter saying Rashad was Jones toughest fight before DC. ???

Last edited:
Everybody know Gus got to him. Thats why he asked for Glover. Now, if you would be kind answering the question please.

Would that ducking have happend if it was an american fighter (lest say DC) and not a swede? Stop with the hate thing. I got tons of respect for Jones skills. But, he clearly needed time of to build his confidence back and made Gus wait. Btw. Who do you think he's rooting for in the Gus vs Rumble fight, pleasee be honest :)

Now come on now y'all! people in here sound like the post fight reporter saying Rashad was Jones toughest fight before DC. ???

I have no idea what nationality has to do with it. Also, that's not what the reporter said at all.

Back