Jones smartest move ever was..

Asahi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
...ducking the rematch with Alexander Gustavsson. The fight everybody wanted and UFC promised.

Would that ducking have happend if it was an american fighter and not a swede?

He ducked the fight by signing on to take the fight.

It was scheduled for September 27th, 2014.

Alexander Gustafsson pulled out with an injury.

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Source from the UFC itself

TV0UbKR.gif

I don't think he's that smart considering he ducked him right into a scheduled rematch.

Do you Jones fans ever make any sense?:rolleyes:

I'm obviously talking about him choosing to fight Glover and not Gus.

I don't think he's that smart considering he ducked him right into a scheduled rematch.

Do you Jones fans ever make any sense?:rolleyes:

I'm not a Jones fan by any stretch of the word but what do you mean? Can you explain?

If JBJ has ducked anyone, it was the Chael at UFC 151 when he wouldn't take him on a few days notice after Henderson got hurt.

I'm obviously talking about him choosing to fight Glover and not Gus.

Then in that case, you are forgetting that the UFC also promised Teixeira the next shot at the title.

You know, before they promised it to Gus.

Weren't they supposed to fight and then Gus got hurt and Cormier stepped in? Am I remembering that wrong?

Then in that case, you are forgetting that the UFC also promised Teixeira the next shot at the title.

You know, before they promised it to Gus.
You just made a fool out of yourself. Now go back and read, change dipers, and answer the question, ok!

The fight Sherdog* wanted.

That's not even true. Sherdog was clamoring for Jones/Cormier before and after the Gustafson fight. It's just delusional thinking so people don't have to admit Jones took the fight the fans wanted more.

You just made a fool out of yourself. Now go back and read, change dipers, and answer the question, ok!

I just answered your question.

Where is your retort to the UFC promising Teixeira the shot at the winner of Jones v Gus?

If promises are what matter to you, then the UFC should be obligated to uphold the first promise they make.

I agree, TS. Getting out of the fight by causing Gus to get injured it pretty fucking ingenious.

I just answered your question.

Where is your retort to the UFC promising Teixeira the shot at the winner of Jones v Gus?

If promises are what matter to you, then the UFC should be obligated to uphold the first promise they make.
Q: Would that ducking have happend if it was an american fighter and not a swede?

A: ?

You actually believe, seriously, Jones took the Glover fight because he was promised, when Dana and the UFC said, and even Glover i believe, the rematch was on. Who are you trying to fool? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yeah everyone who doesn't demand an immediate rematch with the person they just beat is a coward.

Fedor in his AV.

Says it all really

Though I'm excited to see the rematch, I'm glad it wasn't immediate.

Waiting a fight or two before a rematch gives a chance for more hype to build and gives a chance for both fighters to improve and address the necessary aspects of their respective games.

I really don't like how loose the UFC is with immediate rematches.

Back