Jones should delay the Gustafsson/Cormier fights as long as possible

No delay is needed, he will follow the schedule that has become the norm for him. Fighting around sept.

Say what you will about Jones, but he's a professional cage fighter and that takes some nuts. He's not gonna play games to avoid a tough fight. The dude has already fought friggin' everyone, and he's not going to play a waiting game to lessen Cormier's chances. I mean, seriously. I always root against Jones, and of course he wants to win, but he's a fighter. Give him some credit for that. To try to avoid Cormier till he's old and frail would be insane.

No thanks. He'd only lose more fans that way. I think he cares about his legacy and wouldn't do that because of that. Good thing TS is not his manager.

No. They set up an interim title fight and then strip him if he wont fight.

reagrdless if you're a champ or not, I dont think any fighter should be allowed to duck fights. it is their job to fight afterall

why would jones play this senseless game with uncle dana? if hendo wasn't afraid to fight dc, why would jones--the champ who has defeated a murderer's row of opponents--be scared or intimidated by dc? dc isn't this invincible tough guy that jones should fear.

bah why would you want that as a fight fan. I think Jones is a real man not thinking this way and wants to fight Cormier in the best possible shape. It will be a great fight if he can get past Gus convincingly.

Time is definitely not on the DC's side. Jones could certainly rematch Gus, fight the Nog/Rumble winner, get "injured' and then face DC in 18+ months.

He should make movies for a couple of years then follow his father into preaching a couple years after.

Make Gus and DC wait till 2019.

On another note - why have trolls become so weak?

Well according to the shertards here, Cro Cop was in his prime after winning the grand prix, but 7 months later was a shell of his former greatness and old when he lost to Gonzaga. So it must be true.

But in all seriousness, at DC's age, time does become a factor, no matter how young he is to the sport. All it takes is one injury to derail your career ala Cruz.

Yea well cro cop did have about 80 fights at that time thats a lot of wear and tear.

That is a very bad idea OP

Jones said he wants to retire by 30
Needs to fight as much as possible

As well the UFC will not allow it

At this point in his career, Jones is able to tell the UFC when he wants to fight, and they pretty much have to listen to him. In this situation, he should take full advantage of it.

He should say he "wants to take some time off" then have the Gustafsson fight in December. Then take some more time off and maybe push the Cormier fight back to the late summer/early fall 2015. Why would he do this? It's simple. Cormier is already 35, and the older he gets, the worse his chances of beating Jones. Jones should delay as long as possible to maximize his chances of an easy victory.

So much fail, I failed to...

So you like JJ more than his fights?

This must be a first.

I don't want to see other champs adopting this Anderson common strategy to try and force the UFC and other fighters hands to avoid key matchups.

F-that TS.

This, that's fucking lame. But it's something they will probably try to do

The guy is one of the most active fighters in the UFC, so I doubt that this actually happens.

He is the champ, he suppose to fight who ever put in front of him.
Not pick he's fights

Whats the final score here?

We got one guy who wants Jones to not fight until the contenders are old or sumshyt, and everyone who thinks he should actually fight?

Back