Jones should be made/paid to move to HW immediately

Lol people are so desperate to see him lose... what are you going to do if he steps up an dominates. make a thread about how jones should only be aloud to use one arm . Seriously jones is fine where he is at he's making plenty of money an has plenty of people to fight . There will always be a new contender

It was the same when GSP was dominating. The haters could see no way he was losing at WW and so they created a situation in their heads where he needed to go up and fight Anderson or at MW and prove that as a much smaller guy he could beat the top guys a size difference and division above.

I think it is the last step of desperation haters take when they have nothing else.

lol Mayweather is the exception. He's had to do incredible never-before-seen things to get the same recognition as a Heavyweights who accomplished a fraction of what he has

90% of all the best known boxers are from the past 60yrs are Heavyweights

It'll be funny when Rumble fights Jones & people on here argue that Rumble is the naturally bigger dude.... & then walks in the cage looking like Jones' kid brother.

The 2 biggest LHW's are kicking everyone's ass. Work that one out

If Jones went to HW he would be get far bigger worldwide than he is now. guarantee it

Yup Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Chavez, De La Hoya, Robinson. No one ever cared about them

Corey Hill, Kendall Grove, Stefan Struve.

That size difference makes a whole lotta difference, it's so unfair.

He has 1 more run with either Gus, or Rumble
Then by the Gods he moves up

Yup Leonard, Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Chavez, De La Hoya, Robinson. No one ever cared about them

I care about them, because I used to watch a lot of boxing & am surrounded by friends who still do. The average man on the street, however, wouldn't know 5/6 that u just named if bumped right into them, even when they were fighting. De La Hoya is a LEGEND, but your average person wouldn't recognise the name let alone face

They'd know Ali, Tyson, Holyfield, Klitschko, Bruno, etc

It was the same when GSP was dominating. The haters could see no way he was losing at WW and so they created a situation in their heads where he needed to go up and fight Anderson or at MW and prove that as a much smaller guy he could beat the top guys a size difference and division above.

I think it is the last step of desperation haters take when they have nothing else.

So wanting to see him at HW makes one a hater?

it rejuvenates a division to have the best guy leave it and hover above? it diminishes the division when that happens.

Couldn't have said it better. Best example is the WW division. Touted as the most stacked UFC division for years, it is now stuck in a repetitive circle jerk of identical title fights between two fighters. These fighters are just exchanging the belt in poor performances where the winner looks as bad as the loser.

Sure Lawler is a fan favorite but the only way he won the belt is by looking "not as bad" as Johny Hendricks, most lackluster champion the WW division as ever seen. Since the departure of the long reigning champion GSP (who used to make all contenders look sub-human), the division is stalling in the mud of non-dominating championship fights. The results are immediate rematches that stall the other fighters in an unending run at the #1 contender to a title fight that never comes.

WW is now one of the worst division in the UFC since GSP left it in rumbles...

Yes, this is exactly what it is. Even though I'm trying to put forward the idea of Jones going down as the greatest ever

I care about them, because I used to watch a lot of boxing & am surrounded by friends who still do. The average man on the street, however, wouldn't know 5/6 that u just named if bumped right into them, even when they were fighting. De La Hoya is a LEGEND, but your average person wouldn't recognise the name let alone face

They'd know Ali, Tyson, Holyfield, Klitschko, Bruno, etc

The average person on the street wouldn't know any mma fighter. I think the only boxer they'd know is Ali and Tyson.

Couldn't have said it better. Best example is the WW division. Touted as the most stacked UFC division for years, it is now stuck in a repetitive circle jerk of identical title fights between two fighters. These fighters are just exchanging the belt in poor performances where the winner looks as bad as the loser.

Sure Lawler is a fan favorite but the only way he won the belt is by looking "not as bad" as Johny Hendricks, most lackluster champion the WW division as ever seen. Since the departure of the long reigning champion GSP (who used to make all contenders look sub-human), the division is stalling in the mud of non-dominating championship fights. The results are immediate rematches that stall the other fighters in an unending run at the #1 contender to a title fight that never comes.

WW is now one of the worst division in the UFC since GSP left it in rumbles...

Except GSP just flat out left.

If WW was suffering because GSP was up at MW in superfights that werea great watch & were generating 1M buys no1 (least of all Dana White) would give a damn about a lacklustre WW division. Infact, no1 would even notice. Jones is the exact same scenario, just on an even bigger scale

Don't get me wrong, they need to make it worth Jones' while financially. The way he talks in interviews makes me think he'll go to HW. He doesnt fight safe, he's a hungry, competitive animal, & wants to do things never done before

If you want to know who the best fighters are, let them fight in the divisions where their skills are most effective. Forcing guys into non-optimal weight classes is like forcing wrestlers to adopt a kick-boxing style.

The average person on the street wouldn't know any mma fighter. I think the only boxer they'd know is Ali and Tyson.

Exactly! But they could know Jones if marketed right, which would be easier at HW. Could transcend the sport.

How many HW's can throw spinning back fists, kicks & move with he fluidity he does. Tell him to keep running his mouth (not crazy disrespectful, justin a bragging sort of way). People will tune in to either watch, or in the hope he gets beat. The guys a marketing mans dream

He's cleared out the whole division & he'll never lose at LHW. No matter what anyone says, Jones beat Gus.

your post became irrelevant to me, after you typed this. "no matter what anyone says"? what about what gus says?

i like what you're saying, about jones moving up to heavyweight. i'd like to see him fight cain, too. but to me, jones is not the undisputed lhw champion. he could very well lose to gus if they fight again, and many thought he lost to gus. so if jones wants to move up, fine. but he doesn't have to, as he has an equal in gus.

Last edited:
I'd like to see him fight Gus one more time, but I don't want him to stick around for Johnson. Just doesn't interest me. I have a feeling though that Jones will lose his stardom at HW because I see him losing to the bigger guys. Velasquez, JDS, and Werdum would be big threats to him, but I think he could beat JDS with his takedowns and clinches.

Exactly! But they could know Jones if marketed right, which would be easier at HW. Could transcend the sport.

Bullshit, most recogniseable MMA fighter ever is probably Chuck Liddell, a LHW, alongside Chuck is probably Rampage, another LHW, GSP a WW.

In what world is it easier to market someone because of their weight class?

Bullshit, most recogniseable MMA fighter ever is probably Chuck Liddell, a LHW, alongside Chuck is probably Rampage, another LHW, GSP a WW.

In what world is it easier to market someone because of their weight class?

Siiiiiigh. They may be the most recognisable MMA fighters, yet in a mainstream world, no-one knows who Rampage & Chuck Liddell are, man. That's what I'm trying to say.

Jones is scared of HW.

Jones himself said he weighs 227lbs on fight night which is only 12lbs away from what JDS and Cain fight at (239lbs). There's no reason why Jones could not fight at HW.

Siiiiiigh. They may be the most recognisable MMA fighters, yet in a mainstream world, no-one knows who Rampage & Chuck Liddell are, man. That's what I'm trying to say.

In a mainstream world, people recognise Chuck and Rampage.

My friends who have never watched MMA know "That Iceman guy" and Rampage from the A-Team.

Back