Jones should be made/paid to move to HW immediately

Not gonna happen.

Nobody except BJ Penn has willingly moved up a weight class when they are at the top of their division.

These guys are trying to build legacies and moving up is just too risky a move, especially at HW where everyone has 1 punch KO power.

Jones would probably need a guaranteed instant title shot and a ridiculous purse as incentives and still would only do it when he's nearer to retirement, not now.

I'm intrigued to see Jones rematch Gus and fight Rumble. I think he beats them both, but I'm still interested in seeing the fights.

If he beats both of them, there really won't be any viable challengers left and a move to heavyweight would be smart.

I'd love to see Jones versus JDS, Cain, Werdum, Browne.

He'll beat Gus & AJ, & by then some other LHW will have come along who can supposedly, "take Jones", when infact they don't a shot in hell at doing so.

Jones could undoubtedly go down as the greatest MMA ever if he moved up. He'll be in the debate regardless but there wouldnt be a debate if succeeded at HW. I was under the impression that's the sort of thing that would matter/motivate him

When Jones first beat Gustafsson, people said that besides a rematch there wasn't anyone left for him to face.

Then Glover and Cormier popped up, plus Rumble got re-signed.

I'm sure if Phil Davis won his next 2 fights he'd be back in the discussion aswell, plus Rashad's due back from injury soon.

There will always be challengers, same as HW will always have challengers.

Gus and or rumble would bring a good fight to jon. Cain would beat him hands down both DC and Jon slowed down a lot in their fight. Rumble has a lot of power and Gus we already saw what he can do to jon

Didn't say it was Jones' responsibility to help HW's star power. That's why I said he should be paid

& HW having a lack of stars is 10x worse than LHW lacking stars

Seems like a bunch of people on here don't wanna risk seeing Jones lose. Bizarre

And you want him to lose so bad you would want him to move to HW to see it done. Jon is fine at 205 the guys under him need to get better to dethrone the him.

If Dana wants Jon to go heavy then open up the purse strings pay me 30,000$ a pound for my 205 I'm leaving behind, and then we can negotiate contract fighting fees.

And you want him to lose so bad you would want him to move to HW to see it done. Jon is fine at 205 the guys under him need to get better to dethrone the him.

If Dana wants Jon to go heavy then open up the purse strings pay me 30,000$ a pound for my 205 I'm leaving behind, and then we can negotiate contract fighting fees.

I don't wanna see him lose!!! But I do wanna see him tested. I want to see exciting unpredictable fights. Cormier was as tough at it will get at LHW for the forseeable future. He'll roll right through any1 at LHW & that doesn't interest me

Jones easily makes 205.

Aldo and Ronda starve themselves to make weight.

I dont know why you overlook the Gus fight, I think the fans were pretty split 50/50 as to who won. I had Gus winning by a round and certainly looking at the fight as a whole Gus looked like he won.

He needs to avenge a contoversial loss. Rumble is a new fight too. There are 2 huge fights at 205, his weight class, the weight he made wearing trackbottoms.

The Size advantage thing is boring now, Rumble has a much bigger frame and I would say is the larger more powerful man. Gus is almost identical is size and build to him.

I would like to see him at Hw but the winner of the Rumble/Gus is an important fight for his legacy.

When Jones first beat Gustafsson, people said that besides a rematch there wasn't anyone left for him to face.

Then Glover and Cormier popped up, plus Rumble got re-signed.

I'm sure if Phil Davis won his next 2 fights he'd be back in the discussion aswell, plus Rashad's due back from injury soon.

There will always be challengers, same as HW will always have challengers.

....your definition of a 'challenger' is much different to mine.

& why's everyone saying he 'easily makes 205'...? Who cares, that's not the point. Jones at HW would be incredible for the UFC & him going down as the best ever

After he has beaten gus or johnson maybe. No rush though

stop with the size advantage nonsense already. he makes 205 easily. it's a WEIGHT CLASS.

he has to at min fight winner of gus/aj.

Jon Jones does have a size advantage! It doesn't matter if he makes 205 easy or not, If Stefan Struve made 205 he would have a size advantage. Weight is only one aspect of what makes up size, your frame and your height/reach are also factors to consider and when considering those Jones has an obvious advantage.

The division will need to evolve to deal with Jones, we need bigger light heavyweights like Gustafasson.

....your definition of a 'challenger' is much different to mine.

& why's everyone saying he 'easily makes 205'...? Who cares, that's not the point. Jones at HW would be incredible for the UFC & him going down as the best ever

What do you mean that's not The point, that's completely the point. Just cuz u think jones moving to HW would be huge for the ufc doesn't mean he should be forced to move to HW immediately

I don't wanna see him lose!!! But I do wanna see him tested. I want to see exciting unpredictable fights. Cormier was as tough at it will get at LHW for the forseeable future. He'll roll right through any1 at LHW & that doesn't interest me

did he roll through gus?

Jon Jones does have a size advantage! It doesn't matter if he makes 205 easy or not, If Stefan Struve made 205 he would have a size advantage. Weight is only one aspect of what makes up size, your frame and your height/reach are also factors to consider and when considering those Jones has an obvious advantage.

The division will need to evolve to deal with Jones, we need bigger light heavyweights like Gustafasson.

people after the weigh in were commenting on how much wider and stronger dc looked than jbj and that he would ragdoll him.

did he roll through gus?

Besides Gus & Cormier, Did he not roll through absolutely everybody else?

Lets wait every 4yrs for the 1 fighter to provide a test, let alone a loss......great

Who cares, that's not the point. Jones at HW would be incredible for the UFC & him going down as the best ever

But not if he gets demolished by Cain.

Same way GSP is in a GOAT discussion, however if for example, he moved up and got KO'd by Anderson then his legacy would be considered a lot different, nothing against GSP, just Sherdog fans are fickle.

Jones nearly got Subbed to Vitor and Vitor is a MM

Jones is totally fine where he is

people should spend more time bitching about if cain is ever gonna fight again

Back