Jones should be looking at Super Fights - Gustaffsson and Glover are already a beaten

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jones will have no problem dispatching Gustaffsson tonite. He will beat him via KO/TKO or submission before the end of the 2nd round and perhaps in the 1st.

Glover is even worse than off than Gus. His performance against Bader showed how lacking he is.

Sure anything can happen, but I don't see Gus or Glover being a legitimate threat to Jones.

A Jones fight vs. Anderson would be sick and I'd expect Jones to defeat Anderson. His wrestling would put Anderson down and his elbows from GnP would finish it.

If Cain retains his belt a super fight between them would be awesome since the HW division is fairly anemic and there isn't really anyone left for Cain or JDS already. I think Cain's chin is what would be his downfall and eventually Jones would hurt him enough to put him on the ground for the GnP TKO/KO.

I already called for Jones vs Schaub in another thread. In before the shutdown of course. :)

Jones should move up after glover. I think he's proven all he could and for once I want to see a true champ take a chance and move up a weight class permanently.

Speak with your wallet! I'm not getting this PPV when Jones is -800 to -1000 on betting sites. For me purchase his PPV's I need to see better compition for his opponents. It's not Jones's fault but I'm not waisting my money. When he fight Cormier, JDS and Cain then I will purchase his cards. Until then there's UFC unleashed where I'll watch the fights later!

how is jones going to hurt Glover? he hits nowhere near as hard as Bader does.

I'm not convinced yet that glover has nothing for Bones. maybe I'm a blind glover fan but there's no denying that 1 punch KO power.

Anderson worshippers are now Jones fans ever since Jones is p4p now.

Retarded logic such as this ("Who is Weidman? Silva needs to focus on GSP/Jones") was present during Silva's reign. Fucking bandwagoners

Jones will have no problem dispatching Gustaffsson tonite. He will beat him via KO/TKO or submission before the end of the 2nd round and perhaps in the 1st.

Glover is even worse than off than Gus. His performance against Bader showed how lacking he is.

Sure anything can happen, but I don't see Gus or Glover being a legitimate threat to Jones.

A Jones fight vs. Anderson would be sick and I'd expect Jones to defeat Anderson. His wrestling would put Anderson down and his elbows from GnP would finish it.

If Cain retains his belt a super fight between them would be awesome since the HW division is fairly anemic and there isn't really anyone left for Cain or JDS already. I think Cain's chin is what would be his downfall and eventually Jones would hurt him enough to put him on the ground for the GnP TKO/KO.

wow, you really are a true fan. Congrats buddy.

Jones should move up after glover. I think he's proven all he could and for once I want to see a true champ take a chance and move up a weight class permanently.

I say after Cormier but honestly I would rather see jones vs Cormier at HW .

Dana will convince him to stay at LHW as he's a drawl and Cain is a future drawl. Can't risk ruining one of his PPV stars. We are to blame as fans for purchasing PPV's where one fighter is an 8-1 favorite.

Well, I guess you have it all figured out then...

You should take one, fight, at a time. MMA is unpredictable, so for you to speak ahead of fights that haven't happened yet is just ridiculous. To speak respectfully of probability is one thing, but to talk in a manner full of arrogant certainty is something else.

I already called for Jones vs Schaub in another thread. In before the shutdown of course. :)

Calm down, he's not ready for Schaub yet. He should fight JDS or Cain first before taking on the #1 HW.

Speak with your wallet! I'm not getting this PPV when Jones is -800 to -1000 on betting sites. For me purchase his PPV's I need to see better compition for his opponents. It's not Jones's fault but I'm not waisting my money. When he fight Cormier, JDS and Cain then I will purchase his cards. Until then there's UFC unleashed where I'll watch the fights later!

Come on

MMA betting sites are not MMA predictions or the odds a fighter has. Gus is a talented fighter with the best boxing at LHW and could possibly win tonight and has the tools to do well but he is the underdog.

He is also taller than Jones and a big guy so it will be an intriguing fight. It could possibly be a war or upset, we dont know but it should be a fun fight to watch, Hopefully.

They've earned the right to at least to attempt to prove everyone wrong.

When Jones finally gets beaten, it probably won't be when you expect it.

Back