Jones Says Injured Foot is

Except for that one time against that Swedish guy when he got punched in the face 100+ times.

you said it the operative phrase
that "one time" in an entire career, hes not a guy that sustains damage

Chuck didn't really sustain any damage during his title reign. I think it was Chuck's extracurricular activities that led to his downfall.

.....and Rampage.

haha
You may be right. But Chuck was getting brutally put to sleep regularly towards the end of his career

you said it the operative phrase
that "one time" in an entire career, hes not a guy that sustains damage

Well I believe he took enough damage in the one fight that it cancels out the few that he hasn't taken much.

Plus the guy seems to hurt himself more than his opponents. His unorthodox striking seems to do more harm to his own body. All those weak foot kicks don't seem to be doing too much good for his feet.

Are you mad because Jones beat Gus with a injured toe and almost finished him and had him running like a bitch?

That post had everything in terms of bad. "Injured toe" after he said it was fully healed, "almost finished him" when Gus was still in it to the point of being able to stuff takedowns, "had him running like a bitch" oh geez, my trollmeter just fucking broke!

I've got this rule... Two or more really terrible posts and I'm adding you to my personal 'Sherdog's p4p worst posters'-list. That's two, so yeah. Welcome to the top 10 son.

I highly doubt he put on more than 20 lbs .. I met Jones and there is no way he was even close to 230 lbs.. I say the most he weighed was 225 lbs at most.. If I had to bet money, I'd say 217-219 lbs.. However if a picture of jones showing him weigh over 225 lbs was available, I'd be shocked.. Oh and Sonnen is not 230 lbs lol he was at the Olympia , the guy however does have a solid built thats for sure

This is from JBJ's instagram. Would you like to reassess?

http://instagram.com/p/eTHPRFMDIT/

(If anyone knows how to insert instgram pics, please do. Thanks)

Well I believe he took enough damage in the one fight that it cancels out the few that he hasn't taken much.

Plus the guy seems to hurt himself more than his opponents. His unorthodox striking seems to do more harm to his own body. All those weak foot kicks don't seem to be doing too much good for his feet.

Not if you look at his career, especially compared to other fighters even his opponents elite level or otherwise

after facing Jones-
Vera needed emergency facial surgery
Lyoto was rendered unconsious sent to hospital
Shogun went to hospital for rhabdo

That one fight where Jones face was bruised, doesnt mean anything compared to the majority of fighters that have been concussed and hospitalized extensively.

This isnt including fighters who are regulalrly injured training.

Its a brutal sport and these are big men, its amazing Jones has only broke a sweat once in his entire career..

I'm guessing someone pointed this out by now, but aren't people missing that he's talking about how he's been healing up AFTER the fight? Lots of people on the first page are making like he was saying his foot wasn't 100% going into the fight. He thought he broke his foot coming out of it and it turned out he had a bone bruise. So it would make sense if that isn't 100% yet. Hell he even said his face and stuff is healed.

I think the initial damage to the foot was from stomping the gaspedal of a certain Bentley.

Funny how the majority of "significant strikes" that were scored for Jones actually fucked up his own foot yet were ineffectual against Alex.
Judges gonna judge

Jones gets injured a few months earlier then all of a sudden he gets taken down for the first time, and couldnt take his opponent down for the first time even though he did later, Jones toe injury greatly affected him in these areas.

The only thing Gus did in this fight was survive. Jones showed the most heart in this fight. Jones fought at about 50% and still came through.

I wonder what you're going to come up with when Alex defends the takedowns in the rematch and probably takes Jones down as well.

I can't wait.

So I guess he was lying through his teeth before 165 then. Figures that he would want to make an excuse for why he lost to Gus though.

It feels weird having to defend Jones since I don't really like him and generally root for his opponents but... He's not making any excuses. He's not talking about the toe-injury suffered in the Sonnen fight. He's referring to the foot injury suffered in the Gustafsson bout. Jones attitude about the battle has been exemplerary, perhaps to a fault. He's the one who suggested to take the picture Gus posted of them both banged up in the hospital. Maybe that's why I'd love to see hime lose. I want him to finally look for excuses. Experience a loss. Struggle mentally. Be nervous. Unsure of himself.

So far he hasn't. :(

Glover is going to have a lot of trouble getting inside vs. Jones IMO, he doesn't have the footwork or the speed like Gus, it's going to be a rough night for him. He can still always land one of those crazy punches over 25 minutes, but I kind of doubt that. Jones' kicks are going to give Glover a lot of trouble because of the reach advantage, the lack of jab from Glover and the clear speed advantage.

Gus made Jones look very hittable and arguably won, but Gus has quite a few things that Glover doesn't have - better footwork, better jab, he's much faster, and he is able to deal with Jones' range.

Glover will need to get inside because he wants to throw those tight hooks and he doesn't have a jab that is anything like Gustafsson's. I also think that speed will be a big factor as well.

I'm gonna be cheering for Glover though, he's awesome. I hope he can dethrone Mr. Jones.

Back