Jones right. Cormier broke.

DC didnt expect to get held against the fence that aggressively.
6'4 vs 5'11 vertical standoff, jones expends way less energy.

Jones by height / reach,

I don't know about broke. It looked like he gassed, which is part of the game and all on DC.

Looked like he gassed in that 3 round, I cant see anyone beating Jones at 205 and i think he has a great chance against Cain as well.

Fight is not over Jones raises his hands right in front of him, and DC does nothing = Broken.

TS, get your facts straight. DC got broke in the 4th round. The 3d round is the only round the judges gave DC ( 49 -46 and uncharacteristically all the judges scored the same ).

Called this when Jones came in lighter at the weigh ins.
He focused more on Cardio and it worked.

To 'break' means to give up, which would have meant a finish. So no.

But Cormier did slow down after the 3rd, which I'm guessing was due to Jones landing so many knees and middle kicks. I think that not being prepared for this was one big mistake Cormier made in training.

To 'break' means to give up, which would have meant a finish. So no.

But Cormier did slow down after the 3rd, which I'm guessing was due to Jones landing so many knees and middle kicks. I think that not being prepared for this was one big mistake Cormier made in training.

Yep. If he had just trained to not get hit, then he wouldn't have gotten hit. That's how it works.

Yep. If he had just trained to not get hit, then he wouldn't have gotten hit. That's how it works.

That's right: drilling specific techniques is useless since you will get hit anyway. You're a genius.

That's right: drilling specific techniques is useless since you will get hit anyway. You're a genius.

Ohhhh, darn. You missed it.

I have to agree. Jones ability to break the will of his opponents is very impressive... and it keeps happening, fight after fight.

DC could not fight at that pace

Exactly

And the difference is Cain can, and in fact Cain pushes an even more hellish pace. Cain will break Jones.

Cain has way better entries than Cormier, way better level changes, disguises his wrestling better, mixes up his striking and wrestling much much better, and has far superior cardio and higher IQ

Cain is the one who always had the tools to destroy Jones, NOT Cormier

Cain is the antidote to Jones

Everyone within MMA knows it

Even Dana and Rogan said of Cain when Cain was still unknown "Cain is the only who will beat Jones." People at AKA know it. Many people from AKA say Cain was always a way better more complete more versatile MMA fighter than Cormier

DC didnt expect to get held against the fence that aggressively.
6'4 vs 5'11 vertical standoff, jones expends way less energy.

Jones by height / reach,

You are pathetic.

Exactly

And the difference is Cain can, and in fact Cain pushes an even more hellish pace. Cain will break Jones.

Cain has way better entries than Cormier, way better level changes, disguises his wrestling better, mixes up his striking and wrestling much much better, and has far superior cardio and higher IQ

Even Dana and Rogan said of Cain when Cain was still unknown "Cain is the only who will beat Jones." People at AKA know it. Many people from AKA say Cain was always a way better more complete more versatile MMA fighter than Cormier

I think Jones is much, much faster than any of the heavyweights Cain has faced. Cain will have trouble with Jones and I'm not so sure if he would beat him.

I think Jones is much, much faster than any of the heavyweights Cain has faced. Cain will have trouble with Jones and I'm not so sure if he would beat him.
Yet you cant list any way in which Jones could logically trouble Cain

Its clear you dont know MMA

For your info, JDS WOULD KILL Jones. Look what Cain did to JDS.

Cain has THE hellish pace, the wrestling chops to do what he wants with confidence, and the crisper superior boxing. Cain also kicks. He can kick great and mixes it up well on the feet

Not to mention, Cain would easily be the most versatile unpredictable fighter Jones has ever fought. Unpredictablity would for the first time not be in Jones favor

Cain has unreal level changes and dosguises his wrestling well, plus mixes it up well etc

I truly believe Cain WOULD SMASH Jones. Cain is simply much better

Cormier neither broke or quit at all. Jones simply had better cardio.

Cain has THE hellish pace, the wrestling chops to do what he wants with confidence, and the crisper superior boxing. Cain also kicks. He can kick great and mixes it up well on the feet
Jones' kicking game is better than Cain's. He hit DC with a sidekick to the neck, threw a crescent kick (or was it an axe kick, think it was just a non spinning crescent kick), and some varied lowkicks.
Not to mention, Cain would easily be the most versatile unpredictable fighter Jones has ever fought. Unpredictablity would for the first time not be in Jones favor
Jon Jones faced and beat a far less predictable opponent in Machida.

Jon Jones is definitely more versatile and unpredictable than any fighter Cain has faced, he's more versatile and unpredictable than any HW in UFC history.

Having said that...: I don't really know who would win, if it were Cain, it would probably be due to stamina and that he is naturally bigger and stronger.... Jones definitely has the more diverse skillset, though.

Exactly

People pretty much said the same stuff about DC, though. And I would really argue that Jones has displayed the better IQ, because he's been much more diverse and used so many different strategies effectively against different fighters. Cain does a lot of the same stuff, though that isn't saying he isn't superb at it.

That said, I'm not arguing Jones would beat Cain.

Back