Jones Reyes 2 or Jones Rumble 1

Al Stone

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Everybody knows the JBG demands Jones get right back and prove himself worthy holder of the belt. Which is more important for the fans and his legacy now?

Reyes 2.

How could Rumble possibly be better for his legacy?

It's not a question of either-or.

Rumble hasn't fought since April 2017. That's 3 years retired.
He's gonna have to fight someone else before getting a title shot.
If he wins - then fine. But it'll take at least til the later stage of 2020 before Rumble has got back into the UFC, got a win, andis ready for another fight

Jones vs Reyes 2 in the meantime.

I do think Rumble has the record to argue he could get back into title contention relatively fast.
In his last 5 years in the UFC he went 13-2, only losing to one man: DC. He beat guys like Branch, Arlovski, Davis, Lil Nog, Gus, Manuwa, Bader and Glover. That's a good resume.

But 3 years of inactivity requires at least 1 tune up fight to prove you're still worthy.

Rumble has never faced most guys in current top15: Santos, Smith, Corey, Jan, Volkan, Rakic, Walker.
So there are loads of interesting potential matchups.

Last edited:
Rumble needs a tune up fight.
He would gas after 3 min with jones.

It's not a question of either-or.

Rumble hasn't fought since April 2017. That's 3 years retired.
He's gonna have to fight someone else before getting a title shot.
If he wins - then fine. But it'll take at least til the later stage of 2020 before Rumble has got back into the UFC, got a win, andis ready for another fight

Jones vs Reyes 2 in the meantime.
Either way the JBG will be appeased. I think the only massive letdown would be Anderson next.

Rumble quit vs DC. I need to see 1 or 2 great performances from him at 205 lbs.

I believe he is coming back at HW, no?

I hate to call a pro fighters willpower into question, but I think he would probably not look great if he showed up against jones. I think we would all see him show up looking like he didn’t really want to be there.

The only way Rumble is making 205 is if he cuts off a leg, and I'm not really going to get excited about Jones fighting a one legged fighter

Is Rumble coming back ?
Last time I heard of him he was taking pictures with bodybuilders like Martyn Ford and looked 280lbs

Reyes. have we seen Rumble post USADA?

edit: looks like Rumble destroyed Bader and Glover post USADA. Change my vote to Rumble.

If he's anywhere near what he used to be, I think he could knock Jones out.

I've wanted to see Jones fight Rumble for years, but I don't think it makes sense that Rumble can return after a long roid hiatus for a title fight. Reyes 2 should happen but I wouldn't mind if it took a while to allow for both Reyes and Jones to make some adjustments so it's not a rehash of the last fight. Good fight but would be interesting to see who made the most/best adjustments say end of year or something.

only way rumble wins is KO in the first 3 minutes. After that he's usually drained or mentally checked out.

Rumble needs a warm up fight first and Reyes, should get a victory or 2 to get his confidence and hopefully main events to work on round 4 and 5. To answer your question, Rumble Please!!!

Reyes. have we seen Rumble post USADA?

edit: looks like Rumble destroyed Bader and Glover post USADA. Change my vote to Rumble.

If he's anywhere near what he used to be, I think he could knock Jones out.
I always felt that was a fight Jon was lucky to dodge. DC really carried the LHW division for years. Jon would probably wrestle fuck but Rumble has sneaky uppercuts. One of the few guys Jon would have fought with terrifying one punch power.

Rumble needs a warm up fight first and Reyes, should get a victory or 2 to get his confidence and hopefully main events to work on round 4 and 5. To answer your question, Rumble Please!!!

Agreed Reyes needs more experience in 5 round fights

Back