Media Jones responds to Israel.

Izzy has more powerful hands than Jon, but Jon is a master at range control and striking defense (through disrupting offense).

Izzy’s range control and striking defense is not all that great. Gastelum is a tank but if Izzy couldn’t keep him from getting inside and Jones could keep DC from getting inside I doubt this goes well for Izzy. Izzy has a lot of the same habits DC has after ducking shots and after getting hit. I don’t think Jon will have a big problem game planning for him, if it came to that.

Jon vs Izzy has the makings of one of the most anticipated but boring fights ever. If you thought Adesanya vs Silva was a stalemate, this fight would be much worse.
Izzy did call him out first but hey it's Jon jones so who cares about the facts.

Last edited:
Fyi izzy called jbj out first and talked shit first....

I believe Stylebender mentioned him a tmz interview first, I could be wrong.

I do respect that Stylebender kept it real in his response to Jones today about how right now he is not where he needs to be to compete with Jones and how he needs some more fights under his belt before even entertaining this fight.

Don't really care about this nonsense, but Jones is right about Adesanya dropping his name first. He should have known that Jones can't resist petty bullshit, especially considering that his hero Anderson is involved.

I thought Jon started it when he came out of left field and said he had a feeling he’d be fighting SB in the future...

Jones said what I said in other words. This is the obvious, Adesanya is nothing but a troll. A cringey one. Talked a bunch of nonsense.

jones brought him up first though did everyone including him forget this from a month ago?

Imagine Gastelum landing like 5580619420 right hand jabs on Jones LOL. Imagine him actually landing 1 on Jones.

Adesanya don't want nothing to do with Jones, it would be a huge mistake if he really does. Jones would elbow his face to dust, would look similar to Jones vs Vera. Jones is another planet compared to these 50/50 guys.

this is the dumbest hypothetical fight of all time

Israel just went to hell and back against Gastelum

how the hell can he match up with Jones?
Because time and time and again we have seen how MMA math doesn't add up. Kelvin Gastelum is a tough durable guy who is willing to walk forward and land that bomb. Plus, he showed that he can keep up even deep into the fight. This is not how Jon Jones fights.

I will pick Jon Jones to beat Israel Adesanya, because Jon Jones is better skilled MMA fighter, and he is much bigger than Israel Adesanya who officially weighed in at 183.

But, if Israel Adesanya committed to getting bigger and stronger. I think the match will be a great one. If Jon Jones doesn't get the takedown, I believe he will have fight in his hands.

MMA math doesn't add up. Kelvin Gastelum has a style that almost eradicates skills in MMA (showing how young the sport still is). I mean, Kelvin is not as skilled as some of the people he has faced, but he is durable and can land hard shots. MMA is still at a stage where this is effective. I don't think it will be in the future (at least, I hope not).

Don't really care about this nonsense, but Jones is right about Adesanya dropping his name first. He should have known that Jones can't resist petty bullshit, especially considering that his hero Anderson is involved.

Boom Roasted

Well, Jones last two fights are about to be against former MWs who weren't even close to Israel's or Kelvins level at MW. So it's not that difficult to see Israel giving Jones a tougher fight than current contenders at LHW.

MW is more competitive weightclass than LHW.
Like DC ?

jones brought him up first though did everyone including him forget this from a month ago?

This changes the fact Adesanya said it too? Different from Jones, Jones didn't back up from what he said... I mean, it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Jones could outstrike him or just take him down. Fuck I thought gastelum was going to get adesanya out of there after he hurt him in the fourth but he went derp and did a takedown

Don't kid yourself. This would be a squash match. Idk why this fight is even being hyped

Well, Jones last two fights are about to be against former MWs who weren't even close to Israel's or Kelvins level at MW. So it's not that difficult to see Israel giving Jones a tougher fight than current contenders at LHW.

MW is more competitive weightclass than LHW.
and his fight before that was against the undefeated Heavy weight champ
Howd that go?

Lets be realistic...

We 'forgot' because Jones didn't actually talk shit in that interview. Jones was asked about upcoming guys he might have to fight down the line and he said Israel.

Bones would take him down and elbow him to death... Israel should worry about the "real" champ Whitaker first before this...
Exactly this. I like Izzy a lot but this is a situation where his mouth is writing checks his ass definitely can't cash.

I thought Jon started it when he came out of left field and said he had a feeling he’d be fighting SB in the future...

It wasn't left field. He was asked a question about upcoming young fighters who could challenge him in the future. Jones mentioned Israel which is actually a compliment.

Back