Jones Reluctant to Superfight Israel Because "He's Not Even a Legend"

Who is a legend?

• Total voters
True.
I partially agree but I could also see it the opposite way.
When you're on a bad run most fighters would want an easy win to get back.
Taking a fight as a huge underdog against DC at that point in your career is a very ballsy move.

If we're discrediting Silva vs DC as being a easy choice because he was losing anyways then every fight can be discredited.
If Silva would've fought Jones we could've discredited it as "Well, he knew no one would think poorly of Silva if he lost a fight like that - so it could've been an easy choice for him to take that fight as he would get major courage points and there would be no real repercussions to his reputation as MW GOAT for losing to a such a dominant LHW"

I see your point. I'm not discrediting Silva at all, he stepped up at UFC 200 to save the card against a very though opponent when Jones fell out. What I was arguing against was the notion, that the other guy made, suggesting that Silva fighting DC proves that he was willing to fight anyone at any point of his career, which wasn't the case.

lol at anyone saying Jones isn't a legend

giphy.gif

Jones confirms yet again that he didn't want to fight Silva

Why do GSP fanboys keep spewing the false narrative that Silva ducked Jones is beyond me. Neither of the parties wanted to fight.

It is way different than GSPs potential fight against Silva. Dana wanted it, Silva wanted it, the fans wanted it. The Canadian was the only one who did not.

Cant blame GSP, i.wouldnt fight a prime Silva either ...

The fans dictate what a Super fight is not the fighters.

I am no Jones supporter, and I love what Izzy brings to the cage and with his personality, but Jones is quite right at this point in time.

What does Jones gain by beating a MW with only 2yrs in the UFC? He would be expected to smash Izzy or it is a failure. It's akin to GSP fighting Conor...there is simply very little to gain from a merit and legacy standpoint. Given the lack of payoff in that regard, the risk/reward means the fight makes pretty much zero sense.

Izzy still has work to do at MW in order to earn a shot at Jones and for the fight to makes sense for Jones.

Reyes by TKO! Mark my words. I got money down!

Superfights are for proven fighters.

Back