Jones: Rashad Evans is an all-time great

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
MMA fighter of the year Jon Jones (17-1) says he beat an all-time great last year in Rashad Evans (17-2). The UFC light heavyweight champion told MMA Weekly he still liked his former teammate.

"Defeating Rashad Evans is, like, gigantic to me. Rashad is unquestionably one of the best light heavyweights of all time, so I do feel like I beat an all-time great in Rashad. So that's gigantic for me. Compliments to Rashad as well, you know, I have a lot of respect for the guy still. I haven't spoken to him. I'm sure it's weird for him and you know, I actually have a lot of respect for Rashad...I like the guy. Deep down I remember all the good times we had, but anyways, beating Rashad was a great honour for me."

From MMA Lives Here

Yeah, I'd say that's a fair statement. Classy statement from Jon.

Anybody who disagrees with that clearly would just be hatin on rashad because he's from TUF. Easily in the top 10 of all time LHW

Would really like to see rashad commit to middleweight for A run at silva... I think he's top 3 light heavyweights right now so its not likee he needs to but it would mix up middleweight put him vs wideman when he returns if bisping is fighting silva

Anybody who disagrees with that clearly would just be hatin on rashad because he's from TUF. Easily in the top 10 of all time LHW

that's not even question

in no order

shogun
Lidell
Wand
Rampage
Machida
Rashad

r the best LHWs ever .Jones already beat Shogun,Rampage,Machida,Rashad soo easliy 4 of the greatest Light heavyweights ever.

you guys are nuts. i am a hater but top 10 all time?

just a few i would easily rank over him in no particular order

lidell
ortiz
couture
jones
shogun
wandy
f. shamrock
henderson
rampage
machida

and those are just off the top of my head

Rashad definitely is an all time great. I would love to see him face Machida again I think he can take the rematch if he comes in with the right gameplan.

lidell
ortiz
couture
jones
shogun
wandy
f. shamrock
henderson
rampage
machida

With all due respect to guys like Frank Shamrock, the level of competition they fought, while it was the best available to them at the time, is not on the same level as Rashad's opponents.

Jones definetly won over some fans with this statement....

lidell
ortiz
couture
jones
shogun
wandy
f. shamrock
henderson
rampage
machida

Did you forget that he murderd Chuck and played with Tito's booty...twice!!

....and played with Tito's booty...twice!!

You do know that Tito got a point taken away for grabbing the fence? Otherwise, Tito would have derailed Rashads winningstreak and his way to the title..

You do know that Tito got a point taken away for grabbing the fence? Otherwise, Tito would have derailed Rashads winningstreak and his way to the title..

= don't hold the fence

I agree. Rashad gets a lot of unwarranted hate. I like the guy a lot and enjoy watching his fights.

Classy move by Jones as well.

That's good, Jon Jones is talking the true, Rashad Evans is a top fighter, he always will give a hard fight for all LHW, his boxing is awesome ( one of the bests of UFC IMO ) and his wrestling is also very good... I hope watching one day his rematch against Lyoto Machida... he should do better on another fight.

Back