Jones Pulling a Sonnen?

A champion should only fight the number 1 fighter, once the champ defeats the number 1 , that fighter goes to the bottom or is cut. A fighter only becomes number 1 after the fighter defeats all other fighters. This Gus guy fights only low level fighters, he does not deserve a rematch. He is old news, lets move on.

Either way, Chael Sonnen would fight anyone that called him out. Anyone.

He'd just be down for it. No matter how much you or anyone likes Jones, you can't pretend like he has that same mentality.

He's a great fighter, but he just hasn't shown the same quality.

Who hasn't jones fought that called him out? He's been busy fighting everyone so he hasn't gotten to DC yet but it's not like he is ducking the guy, he just asked the boss for DC.

jones will beat gus again . he is not affraid of him .

He's more like mayweather trying to generate interest in a fight with paquiao

Sonnen was robbed against Jones. A competent ref would have noticed Jones's toe and stopped the fight.

I can't tell if you are serious or intending to troll.
In no way did chael win that fight--he was dominated. End of story.

And yet Chael managed to talk his way into three championship fights...and is on his way to doing a 4th.

Jones is constantly trying to get out of having to fight either Gus or DC.

See the difference?

The difference is that Jones is a defending champ, so I do see the difference.

jones will beat gus again . he is not affraid of him .

Jones is terrified of the thought of having to fight Gus again. I can understand him considering how much damage was inflicted on him after the last fight. He was on life- support after the fight and was still hurt several months later which made him have to postpone the Texiera fight several times. Since he isn

But that's what doesn't make any sense...if a fight with Gus would do more PPV, then it would be in his best interest to make that fight, but instead he doesn't want to do it.

Seems to me and to everyone else that he's ducking Gus.

Well, he doesn't have to agree with you and I that a fight with Gus will get more PPV buys. You and I are just guessing too.

As much as Sonnen wishes he had Jon's physical gifts, Jon wishes more he had Sonnen's mind and charisma.

Isn't it funny how when it comes to Jon Jones people never ever just accept it for what it looks like. There is always some conspiracy or higher purpose to what he does. Jon is an amazing fighter, it's too bad he lets fear affect his decisions.

Show me the Gus rematch, then show me the DC match. Sometimes you just gotta fight em again.

Sonnen, unlike Jones, is always willing to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Jones just whines like a little bitch.

Yeah, he is whining all through mauling a murders row of former champs and killers. No, i think the only person whining here are people bitching about what Jones does or does not do.

If he's not "affraid" of Gus he sure has done a good job convincing everybody otherwise. Which is my point.

No, he hasn't. I'm not convinced. Especially not now that Dana said it, while contradicting himself about the contract negotiation.

TS, you only need to watch the first fight between Jones and Gus to see why he wants to fight Cormier instead of Gustafsson. Its so obvious its sickening how people cant just admit that..

Despite the fact that many people think DC is the tougher matchup. It's also a harder fight to promote, since there wasn't a already a great first match. So in the end Jones would make less money off of it. Jones has never rematched anybody, maybe he just wants to fight somebody different, instead of a guy he just fought 2 fights ago.

Either fight that happens I'm happy about, but acting like fighting a guy like DC who has never been tested in his career and has ragdolled heavyweights is ducking somebody else is crazy.

Back