Jones proved why he is so easy to hate during the last exchange...

npa5yMn.gif

lol, I'm pretty sure you have me mistaken for somebody who is your mortal enemy and attempting to steal your thrown in Valhalla.

I just don't like Jones' personality. I haven't been hating on him. You've become super-duper russled, buddy. I even posted a big long reason to WHY I have my stance on Jones, and it comes from working in the sport. But you're being crazy obsessed in some weird Schopenhauerian attempt to prove me a hypocrite rather speak to anything resembling the original disagreement.... that Jones is/isn't likeable with his action. Even more important, I actually don't care if you do understand my argument. You clearly aren't going to change your mind, and that's fine. But your weird hissyfit is quite peculiar.

Real question. Are you drunk? Am I just arguing with a slightly angry fella a few beers in? Because you clearly don't want to debate. You're just looking for some sort of bully-level moral victory.

This isn't about Jones' personality or your opinion on his personality. This is about you bitching about perfectly legal strikes during the fight while at the same time having no problem with DC's illegal shots after the fight. That is called being a hypocrite. Keep trying to act like you're not biased and twist shit, it is quite clear that you are.

While you're at it, keep on making pathetic assumptions in an attempt to get any type of small moral victory, it just makes you look even worse.

You don't have an argument. You're bitching about perfectly legal strikes, that is all there is too it. You're so rustled and stupid you're attacking me while at the same time trying to condemn attacks, once again proving you're a hypocrite

This isn't about Jones' personality or your opinion on his personality. This is about you bitching about perfectly legal strikes during the fight while at the same time having no problem with DC's illegal shots after the fight. That is called being a hypocrite. Keep trying to act like you're not biased and twist shit, it is quite clear that you are.

While you're at it, keep on making pathetic assumptions in an attempt to get any type of small moral victory, it just makes you look even worse.

You don't have an argument. You're bitching about perfectly legal strikes, that is all there is too it. You're so rustled and stupid you're attacking me while at the same time trying to condemn attacks, once again proving you're a hypocrite

See what I mean? It's weird man.

I'm not "bitching" about anything. I dislike the actions. I didn't grab a pitchfork. I'm not calling for him to be fired, fined, or even reprimanded. I personally found it distasteful and gosh-oh-golly I think I'm allowed to do that.

You're super russled right now. I think you need to take a deep breath. Chill out. Maybe eat an apple. Because you sir, are russled as f#ck.

Also, you haven't asked what I think about Cormier's actions. You just blatantly started your prepubescent freakout. (and yeah, 100% digging at you at this point because you're acting like a crazy lady who thinks I stole fruit out of her shopping cart)

Also I gotta run. So make sure to find yourself a stuffed animal or something you can strangle and yell all those super-meany things you want to say to me.

Be a man, shake hands, or dont, but dont trying to f$#ing warp a story to make the other guy sound better because you are a jack ass.

You are expecting Jon Jones to behave like a man? He's a child.

He goes on twitter and mocks MMA fans for bringing up that he pokes his opponents in their eyes(he has eye poked EVERY opponent since he got the belt). He's filming himself baiting MMA fans and posting it on twitter. Thats what he does with his time!:rolleyes:

Great fighter. Not an adult. And until he grows up, he doesn't get any respect or any fans.

If you are a fan of Allan Iverson, then you probably like Jon Jones.

See what I mean? It's weird man.

I'm not "bitching" about anything. I dislike the actions. I didn't grab a pitchfork. I'm not calling for him to be fired, fined, or even reprimanded. I personally found it distasteful and gosh-oh-golly I think I'm allowed to do that.

You're super russled right now. I think you need to take a deep breath. Chill out. Maybe eat an apple. Because you sir, are russled as f#ck.

Also, you haven't asked what I think about Cormier's actions. You just blatantly started your prepubescent freakout. (and yeah, 100% digging at you at this point because you're acting like a crazy lady who thinks I stole fruit out of her shopping cart)

Also I gotta run. So make sure to find yourself a stuffed animal or something you can strangle and yell all those super-meany things you want to say to me.

Keep on making assumptions and being a hypocrite, that is sure to make you look good. And you still can't take it when facts are proving you wrong, sorry I hurt you with those terrible facts

Perfectly legal shots aren't distasteful unless you're a whiny hater, that is all there is to it.

I thought this was an MMA website. All I see is feelings.

Sooooo much crying on the board today. Jones is right. His detractors only have his personality to attack. He trolls the fuck out of so many people it's hilarious.

Meanwhile he's cementing a GOAT career and grinning all the way to the bank, like a Boss.

Look, I get some of you get mad, but I find it weird that if you don't note the experience people scoff at your opinion or stance.... then if you state it, they say "Oh stop showing off".

Make a compelling case, be consistent, civil and logical, and that should be enough. You act like you're "better than", and your opinions are more valid than those of others; you're not, and they aren't.

I don't think you're showing off, I don't care who you are or say you are; your posts are all that matter and so far, I'm not impressed. The first thing I remember about you was a post where you said it was frustrating listening to people outside the industry who have no idea what they're talking about.

Sooooo much crying on the board today. Jones is right. His detractors only have his personality to attack.

No. I don't know Jon Jones personally so I cannot attack his personality.
So you FAIL with that one.

What is being attacked is his professionalism and his maturity. Both are on display as being ridiculously subpar. Its pathetic. Is this guy a grown man or what?

I'll say it again. If you are a fan of Jon Jones, you probably like Allen Iverson too.

No. I don't know Jon Jones personally so I cannot attack his personality.
So you FAIL with that one.

What is being attacked is his professionalism and his maturity. Both are on display as being ridiculously subpar. Its pathetic. Is this guy a grown man or what?

I'll say it again. If you are a fan of Jon Jones, you probably like Allen Iverson too.

Sorry, you're wrong on all counts. Those are attributes of his personality and, no, I didn't/don't like IA.

Herb deserved it, made many shitty calls in his time.

Sorry, you're wrong on all counts. Those are attributes of his personality and, no, I didn't/don't like IA.

Professionalism is a SKILL. By definition. So it is something one develops. It is not an inherent way of thinking - so its not part of a personality. Look it up.

Maturity is acquired through interpretation of life experience. Personality is separate. Again, look it up.

Congratulations! You're dumb.

After all the hate he endured, why should Bones take the high road? I would probably do the same in his shoes.

Oh hey, I'm super surprised the guy with the Jones suck-it AV totally misread the situation and is sticking up for Jones. Color me potato.

If you don't understand what's distasteful about what Jones did, you can't be helped.

Don't try to help me either.

Dude fought his ass off against probably his bitterest rival and bested him. He wants to celebrate, no worries.

DC was hanging on to him, it was the final seconds of the fight, Jones was overcome by the feeling of victory and put his hands up. When DC let go and moved away, Jones snapped back to reality, realized the bell hadn't sounded, and got right back to doing his job. There's nothing wrong with any of that.

I don't hate Jones. I dislike his overwhelming displays of vanity. That's it really. Oh yea, eye pokes and knee cap kicks I hate as well.

It's not just because he's an asshole, obviously.

Nick Diaz is an asshole. But when the bell rings, he walks across the ring and starts throwing leather, taunting, engaging and putting himself in harm's way. He doesn't wall and stall, he doesn't eye poke. He doesn't consistently rely on a twenty inch reach advantage to bully much smaller opponents. He seems to want a rigged game (like Nurse Ratched.) And I seriously doubt you'll see him moving up to hw any time soon

Oh yes, and vanity is an accurate word as well. ^

That's the difference. That's why Diaz is one of my favorites and Jones one of my least favorite.

Last edited:

This would only make him a hypocrite if he was bitching about the illegality of Jones' actions while neglecting to mention the illegality of the DC's punches. This is not the case.

Instead, ts is talking about the unsportsmanlike characteristics that occurred intentionally, not unintentionally. Jones meant to boast in victory, and he meant to strike DC after he let his guard down. DC was surprised as to what happened and fired back, not intentionally breaking any rules in the process.

For the record, its fine if you like Jones. I sometimes like despicable athletes because I find them interesting. After all, ufc is a bloodsport that I watch for entertainment.

Back