Jones proved why he is so easy to hate during the last exchange...

Ooooooh big man!! You seem super cool, bro. Let's go hang out sometime and mock all the not-cool kids.

Just because you put no emphasis on sportsmanship doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. But continue to attack me, it makes you seem pretty cool.

Your opinion on DC sucker punching Jones after the fight was over?

All class, I assume.

Haye him all you want, the real question is who's gonna do something about it?

That's fair, other then Gus I dont see really anyone unless AJ has something to offer I dont see.

Still doesn't make his character one I enjoy watching. At least with Chael you knew he was putting on a show and was actually good at it. Jones is a clown and isnt even good at it.

Ooooooh big man!! You seem super cool, bro. Let's go hang out sometime and mock all the not-cool kids.

Just because you put no emphasis on sportsmanship doesn't mean it shouldn't exist. But continue to attack me, it makes you seem pretty cool.

Let me guess, if Jones didn't punch Cormier you'd be bitching about how cocky he is for stopping before the fight was even over

And I didn't know stating facts was considered an attack. I'll be sure to keep those mean ole facts away from your hurt feelings in the future. Maybe this sport is too much for you, I think volleyball would suit you much better

All class, I assume.

LOL define sucker punch? hitting the guy walking away, or the guy who just got hit twice then returning 2 after the bell. If Jones really didnt expect anything back then his fight IQ isnt that high.

DC let go of the take down attempt and was walking away under the assumption the fight was over, the sucker punches came from Jones, the illegal shots after the bell came from DC, but Jones should have been ready for that.

Twist it however you want, Dc was in the wrong but jones is a clown

No one cares about your McDojo background. It's not the same thing at the UFC level.

Both guys made this feud very personal. Jones isn't obligated to behave in a way weekend warriors will approve of.

This. Its a fight get over it. not every encounter will become a hug fest afterward. This feud was obviously real. Did Jones intentionally "rub it in" before the bell with the hands up? Yes. Do I care? No!

People showboat all the damn time in the UFC. Also I wonder if I search far enough back what your comments on Henderson slamming Bisping were....

Another commenter brought up in another thread, all these people talking shit about Jones loved the Hendo bomb on a defenseless opponent.

Is your "combat" background supposed to give you opinion more weight than anyone else?

All class, I assume.

Gotta love the desperate and stupid Jones haters. Bitching and talking about sportsmanship because of legal strikes while the fight was still going on, but not mentioning or complaining about DC throwing punches after the bell.

The hypocrisy is real

Jones is a great fighter, I dont care for the guy much and I really am not a DC fan but I did want him to beat Jones because of the persona Jones puts on(or is) for the UFC.

The last exchange at/after the bell was exactly why he is easy to hate and I cant wait for him to lose the belt.

I come from a combat background as well as many other sports and understand the "sportsmanship" involved. I also had the upbringing from my parent that I was not allowed to start to a fight, but I could finish it if someone started one with me.

Jones doesnt get this "code" he claims he did nothing wrong by raising his hands before the bell then trying to clock DC as DC clearly let go and was walking away.

Raising your hands before the bell does 2 things. 1, makes you look like a giant ass hole (diaz did this when submitting someone and while funny, I think its safe to say hes somewhat of an ass hole). 2, if the fighter is fighting for a take down like DC was, when you feel the other opponent relax and raise his hands you will probably believe the round is over and perhaps you missed the bell and he lets go an almost turns around before bones clocks him twice.

Now I get it, protect yourself at all times...

If thats the type of fighter you are ala Maywether ko'ing Ortiz thats fine, but dont sit in the presser saying how DC punched after the bell and then say how he punched the ref in the face.

Jones is such a clown and that statement makes me so angry I dont even have words to explain it.

Its one thing to keep it short and say "Yeah I raised my hands, I knew I won, and DC didnt protect himself so I punched him 2 more times" and leave it at that. I have more respect for someone who says it like it is but then blaming DC for punching him back and "almost hitting the ref". If DC broke from the take down attempt and was walking away he probably was under the assumption the round was over, and when Jones started tagging him of course hes going to swing back.

Anyways, Jones is a clown, one of the best fighters in the UFC but probably the worst human being and no matter who beats him it will be a wonderful evening.

Im sure the nut huggers will be in this thread quickly defending him. Sadly I really liked the guy until 3-4 fights ago.

Definitely not the same situation

LOL define sucker punch? hitting the guy walking away, or the guy who just got hit twice then returning 2 after the bell. If Jones really didnt expect anything back then his fight IQ isnt that high.

DC let go of the take down attempt and was walking away under the assumption the fight was over, the sucker punches came from Jones, the illegal shots after the bell came from DC, but Jones should have been ready for that.

Who is twisting what here?

Only ONE person threw illegal blows. Those are the facts. everything else you typed is spin to make one fighter look bad.

what jones did was the same as faking a glove touch and throwing a punch of kick like kelly and manny ... what dc was worse tho, both were unsportsmanlike, but cormier's were against the rule and a fine should be in order (it was close but it looked like he threw after the bell and not at or just before)

I didn't twist shit. Jones got sucker punched and nothing Jones' did prior to the bell ringing was bad or wrong, except the eye poke.

DC tried to Paul Daley Jon after the bell which was the weakest and most class-less move of the night.

Time to go return that break bones t-shirt, TS.

Doesn't matter if you're a Jones fan or a Jones hater, there's no way anyone is actually making the comparison between those two situations, which were worlds apart... right?

Lol so much crying.

dgRRTUc.gif

How amazing would it have been if DC KO'd both Jones and Herb with that punch.

This. Its a fight get over it. not every encounter will become a hug fest afterward. This feud was obviously real. Did Jones intentionally "rub it in" before the bell with the hands up? Yes. Do I care? No!

People showboat all the damn time in the UFC. Also I wonder if I search far enough back what your comments on Henderson slamming Bisping were....

Another commenter brought up in another thread, all these people talking shit about Jones loved the Hendo bomb on a defenseless opponent.

Is your "combat" background supposed to give you opinion more weight than anyone else?

A combat/sports back ground would, yes. Does it mean its right? maybe not but at least there is some experience competing at, what one poster put it, a Mcdojo level. I think that does matter when trying to dissect the events at the end of a fight.

I thought the Hendo bomb was illegal as DC shots, something that was also looked over by the commission because of the circumstances surrounding the event. The ref didnt step in and stop the fight in time.

Heres the big difference. Hendo said that shot was delivered to shut Bisping up. Thats all, he didnt blame anything else. Had jones done that he would have said how the UFC mats were not even, he was walking to help Bisping up off the matt, but stubbed his toe and fell on top of him and even whispered "Im sorry Bisping" into his ear while grazing his face with a enbow. Jones would also then say how to donated 50,000 to UNICEF after the fight because of it.

Let me guess, if Jones didn't punch Cormier you'd be bitching about how cocky he is for stopping before the fight was even over

And I didn't know stating facts was considered an attack. I'll be sure to keep those mean ole facts away from your hurt feelings in the future. Maybe this sport is too much for you, I think volleyball would suit you much better

Man, you sound so awesome smart with your quips (honestly do you all believe you're actually impressive when you come up with 3-grade level putdowns)?

I take fighting as seriously as I have to given I have to be a part of the lives of fighters. I watch them train. I take care of them both pre/post fight. I live and die with their dreams. So if I come off "taking it too seriously" then I guess that's on me.

But your glib over-the-top front running and mocking is, in the end, the very thing that makes me cringe about MMA.

These men put their bodies, minds, and lives on the line every time they fight. Just as I posted in another thread, while I dislike Jones' personality, I would take absolute-zero solace if he was sad and distraught after a fight.

That's the thing a lot of you entrenched Jones fanboys don't understand. Not everyone that dislikes him is a hater. I have had long talks with fighters who have shown disrespect and a lack of morality to their opponent pre/post fight. I get this is partially entertainment, but at the end of the day that's a human being with dreams and hopes across from you. He wants the same thing as you. YES, he is trying to best you and thus "take that from you" but at the end of the day without that opponent you have NOTHING. You can't sell a show fighting a ghost. You have to fight a living, breathing, caring human being.

So when you best a man, you have shown him you are better. Walk away with your hand raised if you must. Even better, extend your hand to shake his and thank him for the opportunity to make you better. Jones fails at that, and he does so consistently.

So again, I may fail in your hierarchy of nihilistic "It's fun when there's shit talking", but maybe that's because I have sat with literally hundreds of distraught, crying, and broken men/women who simply wanted to succeed. And for those winners who cannot show respect, just as jones has not time and time again.... I am saddened for MMA as a whole.

Originally Posted by MilesAbove View Post
I take fighting as seriously as I have to given I have to be a part of the lives of fighters. I watch them train. I take care of them both pre/post fight. I live and die with their dreams. So if I come off "taking it too seriously" then I guess that's on me.

But your glib over-the-top front running and mocking is, in the end, the very thing that makes me cringe about MMA.

These men put their bodies, minds, and lives on the line every time they fight. Just as I posted in another thread, while I dislike Jones' personality, I would take absolute-zero solace if he was sad and distraught after a fight.

That's the thing a lot of you entrenched Jones fanboys don't understand. Not everyone that dislikes him is a hater. I have had long talks with fighters who have shown disrespect and a lack of morality to their opponent pre/post fight. I get this is partially entertainment, but at the end of the day that's a human being with dreams and hopes across from you. He wants the same thing as you. YES, he is trying to best you and thus "take that from you" but at the end of the day without that opponent you have NOTHING. You can't sell a show fighting a ghost. You have to fight a living, breathing, caring human being.

So when you best a man, you have shown him you are better. Walk away with your hand raised if you must. Even better, extend your hand to shake his and thank him for the opportunity to make you better. Jones fails at that, and he does so consistently.

So again, I may fail in your hierarchy of nihilistic "It's fun when there's shit talking", but maybe that's because I have sat with literally hundreds of distraught, crying, and broken men/women who simply wanted to succeed. And for those winners who cannot show respect, just as jones has not time and time again.... I am saddened for MMA as a whole.

Well said.

A combat/sports back ground would, yes. Does it mean its right? maybe not but at least there is some experience competing at, what one poster put it, a Mcdojo level. I think that does matter when trying to dissect the events at the end of a fight.

I thought the Hendo bomb was illegal as DC shots, something that was also looked over by the commission because of the circumstances surrounding the event. The ref didnt step in and stop the fight in time.

Heres the big difference. Hendo said that shot was delivered to shut Bisping up. Thats all, he didnt blame anything else. Had jones done that he would have said how the UFC mats were not even, he was walking to help Bisping up off the matt, but stubbed his toe and fell on top of him and even whispered "Im sorry Bisping" into his ear while grazing his face with a enbow. Jones would also then say how to donated 50,000 to UNICEF after the fight because of it.

First of all my point about your background is you don't know who anyone else is here on this forum and many people here have similar backgrounds.

Two, look at your last paragraph man. You are now completely inventing hypothetical situations and deciding what Jones "would" do. Talk about twist and spin, you are just completely blinded by hate right now.

Also in that paragraph you say hendo did it to shut bisping up so it was ok? what about that "code" you talked about? or sportsmanship? so your saying if you admit your being a dick you don't have to follow this code? your allowed to attack a completely defenseless opponent? Who Hendo admitted he knew was already out?

I'm calling hypocrite.

Man, you sound so awesome smart with your quips (honestly do you all believe you're actually impressive when you come up with 3-grade level putdowns)?

Better than you constantly crying and complaining while being a hypocrite. Making your pathetic "question for Jones fans" bitchy threads all last night. Pretending to ask sincere questions when really you're looking for reasons to hate Jones and his fans. You abandoned one of those threads cause you weren't getting the answers you were baiting for, pathetic

Hendo did it in the heat of battle, and yes was probably wrong in doing so. The main difference is Hendo admitted what he did and knew what he did and let it be.

Jones went on and on about what DC did, and how DC punched the ref but never once owned up to his own actions of show boating or hitting DC when dc clearly was turning/walking away.

Yes the hypothetical situation wasnt the best way to convey my thoughts but you were talking about the Hendo bomb and I thought we were far gone from the original topic.

Also to note, I didnt say anyone else here didnt have any combat background. I stated that in the first post only to let people know ive been in the cage/ring and understand the emotions and how the end of rounds/fights can effect a person. Not on the UFC level but I do have experience. I never spoke down to others who had it or not, I thought by stating that people would start the thread with "YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT OF YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT" comments. Somehow were now talking about credentials again and I didnt mean to talk myself up or down.

Well said.

It would have been better said without the nauseating self-promotion, but we'd never know his opinion was so much more valuable than ours if he didn't mention it all the time.

Back