Jones performance..

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by usadaguy, Jul 12, 2019.

1. usadaguy

usadaguy Blue Belt

I scored 48-47 for Jones and it was a very close fight.
    I dont like most people statement here about Jones that he's past prime or something.
    He fought too defensively but except few calf kicks Santos did not landed much on him and maybe calf kicks was the reason why Jones fought too defensively.
    Santos fought injured but still he was able to move pretty well and to land power kicks by injured leg.
    Jones was confident that he is winning the fight maybe it was the reason.
    Marreta was the Best striker Jon ever faced, the most powerful as well and Jones fought him on the feet and only once tried to take him down. Few months ago he just smashed Gustafsson so I dont think he is past prime. I think Santos is underated here.
    I think Jones vs Dominick Reyes might be next. Jones should take him down because Reyes is tall and dangerous striker.
    He wants to prove a point but he should go for the takedown in Reyes /Walker fights or Santos rematch.

Dark Individual likes this.
  2. genecop

genecop Red Belt

When did Jones fight?

Lint2 and Vegesus44 like this.
  3. PicoPulse

PicoPulse Purple Belt

STEROIDS

genecop likes this.
  4. Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat Black Belt

"Scored it for Jones" - Usada guy

PicoPulse likes this.
  5. Rvd Slmr

Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

With all the discussions about whether or not it was good performance, I don't think anyone as mentioned prime. It's either "it was amazing because he beat Santos at his own game" or "he looked awful without his full PED arsenal and should have lost".

6. Mortal Wombat

Mortal Wombat Black Belt

I wasn't impressed

MMA4Life and Hotora86 like this.
  7. yekmurat

yekmurat Silver Belt

We just saw that right now Bones is very beatable no doubt all LHW contenders are readjusting their games after his last performance

Lint2 and MMA4Life like this.
  8. Arrrrgh

Arrrrgh Brown Belt

I thought Thiago did enough to win 1,2,5 but it was close and I can't be mad at a 48-47 card for Jones.
    That said, he didn't look like he does against other fighters. And Thiago was a hobbled shell of himself for 4 rounds. Honestly I believe Jon's performance fell off because he stubbornly wants to prove he's better then other fighters where they are best and he went up against a guy where that wasn't true. He got lucky Thiago tore every ligament in his knee and was hobbling around for 20 minutes. Otherwise he would have lost decisively and possibly been finished if he didn't turn to his wrestling.

It was a bad decision.

I will also acknowledge there is the possibility Jon has been aided by banned substances and a lack of them may have caused the OSP and Thiago fights to go the way they did. The timing makes sense considering he was facing opponents that weren't remotely considered a threat to beat him.

However, I 100% agree with you he should fight Reyes next. And he better not show up like he did against OSP and Thiago or it will be a rough one. Reyes is a beast. I'd still obviously put my money on Jon but I like the Reyes matchup more than Smith or Thiago.

9. CrimsonFan

CrimsonFan Gold Belt

I havent been impressed with Jones.. ever.

Hes just big. He always pokes people in the eyes and hed failed multiple tests for for roids.. imo its crazy to compare him to Silva or Fedor. His fights put me to sleep.

List his best wins against people who went over 33.

Vegesus44 likes this.
  10. Jedijiujitsu

Jedijiujitsu Hespect

go watch old jon jones staredowns, he had a killer inside of him, a mean side. you could see a bad dude who wanted to elbow brains.

He's lost that now i think, he's actually too happy, nice & relaxed. Now he's more concerned with winning than he is with hurting his opponent. so yea thats why we're seeing defensive jones

11. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

Which means Jones got lucky he didn't lose. Like he got lucky with the decision.

He didn't look confident at all.

Gustafsson fought injured and is even more out of his prime than Jones, so that doesn't say anything.

He doesn't have any point to prove, that's ridiculous excuse for him not being able to ragdoll and outwrestle his opponents anymore like when he was in his (PED) prime.

12. MMA4Life

MMA4Life Black Belt

Did you watch Reyes fight Volkan and eek out a split decision? I mean he may have just had an off night but that some logic applies to Jones vs Santos. I think Santos is under rated on sherdog because he has improved a lot since the loss to Branch.

20falarVerdades and Arrrrgh like this.
  13. revoltub

revoltub Lord Paramount of the Reach Belt

People want Jon to lose, because they think he deserves it. It's confirmation bias.

People here will literally find any reason to prove he lost.

20falarVerdades likes this.
  14. Arrrrgh

Arrrrgh Brown Belt

I thought it should have been a relatively easy UD for Reyes but it was a close fight so I won't split hairs with judging that one. You are correct, the same logic can apply to jones. Or he could be having an off cycle night.

15. usadaguy

usadaguy Blue Belt

I checked his urine test and there was only 1 pictogram, same like against DC so you wrong.

But seriously I hate Jones, he's probably the biggest scumbag in UFC right now. But he's great and undefeated fighter. Santos had 25 minutes to finish him on the feet and he couldn't.

I would love to see rematch but it's not gonna happen in 2019.

Jones tried 1 takedown if I remember correctly. Santos defended it and since then Jones didn't tried again. He could try it or even try a clinch cause Jones put the pressure on him the whole time.

16. Draxton

Draxton Captain shitpost

You can expect more pulsing to pop up leading up to his next fight.

17. NoContest

NoContest Brown Belt

Santos still threw good kicks but didn't look like himself in there. The guy is usually way more explosive and a little faster. The only argument might be that those bitch kicks Jones throws might be what caused the injury so the injury is irrelevant.

18. Lint2

Lint2 jmp dword ptr [ebp+8]

I scored it a draw, whatever referees decided I'd be okay with it. But right after that I thought: Referees will decide towards DanaJones as usual.

I think he wasn't willing to try wrestling Marreta because that's a beefy guy, not sure if he'd be able to take him down, and had him failed to do so (he did, but just once) Marreta would be a lot more confident.

19. LockardTheGOAT

LockardTheGOAT Sherdog's Intellectual Savior

It was a super close fight. Could have been scored either way and it wouldn't have been a robbery.

Realistically the only thing that might have favored Jones is the fact that he was the one moving forward and being the "aggressor" the whole fight, which would have favored him a bit on the scorecards (since aggression and octagon control are important factors to consider whenever a round is too close to call.) He was lucky to have gotten that decision either way