Jones' open fists

it was CRAZY how joe was stressing that he thumbed him in the eye

so obvious it was the cheek, i have no clue what joe was going on about

Yeah, I was really wondering about that aswell.

Obviously this is a problem with Jones, and obviously it will never be corrected because it gives him an advantage and will never cost him anything.

Fighters have complained about Jones and his fingercrane technique, but it hasn't made a difference. Hopefully they will start complaining about it BEFORE the fights, and publicly.

I know people complain about some of the techniques Jones' uses a lot -- teep kicks to knees, dropping to 3 points to avoid knees (lots of guys do this), and the fingercrane technique.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the teeps, and while putting a hand down to avoid knees is cheap, it's in the unified rules of MMA, so if it's that big of an issue change the rule.

The problem I have with Jones' and the way he keeps his fingers extended is that it puts his opponents at a disadvantage. Either stay outside and get kicked all day, or press forward and there's a good chance of getting eye poked. The problem with this technique is it's not illegal until you poke somebody in the eye, and even then 9/10 times you will get a warning before being deducted a point. Only at that point does Jones have to be more conscientious of keeping a closed fist.

If you're using this technique you should be penalized a point on the first offence, no questions asked. It's dangerous and no surprise when eye pokes result from it. I mean, this isn't the first time Jones has used this technique, or poked somebody in the eyes because of it. Refs need to be aware of fighter tendencies and behaviors and take away points accordingly. Same idea for other offences -- If a guy is known to hold the cage, hold opponents shorts, etc they shouldn't be given warnings in every fight.

you know what i also hate,how jones....doesnt let his opponents get free shots on him and get himself knocked out. selfish to hold on to the belt so long. disgusting

Who would have thought that sticking your arm straight out with your hand extended would be the deadliest, most impossible to defend technique in all of martial arts.

LOL.

it was CRAZY how joe was stressing that he thumbed him in the eye

so obvious it was the cheek, i have no clue what joe was going on about

When I saw it I thought his knuckle might have gone into his eye and was thinking what is Rogan talking about it's not illegal to punch someone in the eye.

Gus thumbed Jones in the eye same thing

They both were palming and palming with their fingers on each other but it seems that the poster missed it as usual when it comes to these jones threads.

I am also reading people hating oblique kicks and jones is not the first person to use them but he is the main target.

Its the usual jones thread.

When I saw it I thought his knuckle might have gone into his eye and was thinking what is Rogan talking about it's not illegal to punch someone in the eye.

true still. even if it was the thumb, it wouldnt have been the end of the finger but the knuckle part

Get poked in the eye, say you can't continue, win the lhw strap.

Blueprint.

intentional or not, I hate when a fighter get poked

Big john reprimanded him for it..

Also, it was pretty cool when he tried the same with Gus and got smacked in the face around his extended arm :)

Too bad verbal reprimanding is worthless. He is a ref, not Jon's dad.

Gus thumbed Jones in the eye same thing

Gus' thumb knuckle hit Bones on the cheekbone. Even after the slo mo reply Rogan said "That's a thumb in the eye". It clearly wasn't.

Blueprint.

Was just going to say that. At least in the rematch you know jon jones wont try that shit again and youll be able to fight a normal fight.

Too bad verbal reprimanding is worthless. He is a ref, not Jon's dad.

Not the point.
TS said that Jon never gets reprimanded for it, and he was reprimanded for that (as well as his spider crawl thing) in the Belfort fight, if i remember correctly.
I wasn't implying that there is any value in the reprimands, but simply pointing out that they exist.

Blueprint.

Anyone can say or do that at anytime in the fight and win a match they dont need jones to do that.

If a fighter is losing the fight and an opponent throws a jab or clinches you can say you got hit in the eye and possibly win the fight.

Anyone can do that and win a fight, its not really anything mind shattering.

You can't blame him if it's not against the rules...

Instead of bitching about on here, why don't you grab the photo evidence we have of Jones doing this to most of his opponents and bring it to Dana on twitter, or to journalists like Ariel who can ask the question publicly.

You can't blame him if it's not against the rules...

Except eye pokes are against the rules, and what he does is clearly increasing the chances of eye pokes by about 99%.

so who doesn't fight with their hands open sometimes?
give us an example

Pride had the gloves that made the fingers naturally curl. Maybe they need something like that.

Back