Jones now under investigation for perjury

lol jones goes from being hated as a fake goody two shoes to being hated as a real drunk driver, brawl starter, druggie, and possibly guilty of perjury

whats next lol

Well politically it might be their way of getting out of potential trouble for the cocaine test IMO, for which they technically didn't have the right to administer.

Jones could potentially pursue them legally for a civil rights violation since they've admitted they shouldn't have tested him twice out of competition for recreational drugs. Someone else has raised the issue that his results ought not to have been published as well.

For this reason their investigation into him lying to the commission under oath could be used as leverage against any future legal action he might take against them. Personally I predict that any penalties will be minor and just for show.

I think that's wishful thinking. NSAC can pretty much do whatever they want. How exactly could Jones go to a court of law and sue the NSAC? He'd have to admit to a judge that he uses Cocaine :rolleyes:. So instead of bad press he would expose himself to another conviction ??? He already has a fresh criminal record for his DUI/accident. The last thing Jones wants right now is to make noise...

That would be really petty. Seemed like just a passing comment to me that had no bearing on the actual precedings.

Well he probably said it to make the commission think he is already being punished enough by losing his huge nike deal over the brawl, maybe to try and lessen the punishment he receives from the nsac.

They specifically said they were going to take prior repercussions into account before issuing him their punishment. He said he's already suffered as a result of the fight. He then says the fight cost him his Nike sponsorship—and I am amazed it's six figures if that's even true. He says the fight cost him the sponsorship. You don't get to cross your fingers in these things.

Jones says he lost his Nike deal because of the fight, which isn't true according to Jones himself as well as knowing the Reebok deal was on the horizon and knowing Nike isn't involved with Anderson or Junior, either.

Jones said in the hearing something untrue to escape a harsher punishment, and somehow this isn't lying in a hearing? What the fuck is it then?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the commission keeps this in the pipe in case Jones wants to get silly about that weird test they did. Could very well be a tool os dissuasion.

I think that's wishful thinking. NSAC can pretty much do whatever they want. How exactly could Jones go to a court of law and sue the NSAC? He'd have to admit to a judge that he uses Cocaine :rolleyes:. So instead of bad press he would expose himself to another conviction ??? He already has a fresh criminal record for his DUI/accident. The last thing Jones wants right now is to make noise...

Well for starters I don't like Jon Jones, so I'd enjoy watching them throw the book at him - but I just don't see it happening.

As for pursuing a civil rights violation - his cocaine use would be completely immaterial to such a case.

The issue would be that they had no right to test in the first place. The result of that test doesn't alter this fact - a positive result doesn't mean they were right in retrospect to do it. As already stated, there's also the question of if his rights were violated by the public release of the results.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the commission keeps this in the pipe in case Jones wants to get silly about that weird test they did. Could very well be a tool os dissuasion.

That's my thinking too.

Well for starters I don't like Jon Jones, so I'd enjoy watching them throw the book at him - but I just don't see it happening.

As for pursuing a civil rights violation - his cocaine use would be completely immaterial to such a case.

The issue would be that they had no right to test in the first place. The result of that test doesn't alter this fact - a positive result doesn't mean they were right in retrospect to do it. As already stated, there's also the question of if his rights were violated by the public release of the results.

Judge can refer Jones statements to the DA...

As for his rights. The way the Commission is empowered they have BROAD and very Vague mandate...

Judge can refer Jones statements to the DA...

As for his rights. The way the Commission is empowered they have BROAD and very Vague mandate...

The latter is for lawyers to decide, and would form the focus of any legal action.

As for the former, his cocaine use is immaterial to a hypothetical proceeding. He doesn't need to comment on his use of cocaine. He doesn't need to testify whether or not he took cocaine. He doesn't need to incriminate himself.

The issue would be about whether or not the commission had the right to test, and the right to publish the results of that test.

lol jones goes from being hated as a fake goody two shoes to being hated as a real drunk driver, brawl starter, druggie, and possibly guilty of perjury

whats next lol

He turns into today's Mike Tyson & everyone loves him

i literally got into a fight with my friend this morning saying he should be investigated for perjury.

cornier should too, technically. good. GOOD.

...his cocaine use is immaterial to a hypothetical proceeding. He doesn't need to comment on his use of cocaine. He doesn't need to testify whether or not he took cocaine. He doesn't need to incriminate himself.

The issue would be about whether or not the commission had the right to test, and the right to publish the results of that test.

Nice work.

As tempted as I am to point and jeer, this seems like a pretty petty reason to charge someone with perjury.

Back