Jones NOT in position for face of UFC

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TimeToTrain, Sep 21, 2013.

1. TimeToTrain

TimeToTrain Brown Belt

After tonight's fight, I'd have to say that if they were to pick the face of the UFC, it sure wouldn't be Jon Jones. He's dominant at LHW but I must say, it was proven tonight that him fighting an opponent with virtually the same measurements neutralized his style of fighting. Jon Jones is great but he also lacks KO power standing up. He was warned by John McCarthy more than 3 times to not keep his hands open as it was poking Gus in the eyes. His bread and butter is take downs and his long lengthy elbows. People have to understand that the rules in the UFC also favor wrestlers. He's not in position of the UFC because he hasn't shown true versatility in 'Mixed Martial Arts' which happens to be the hybrid sport of the face of the UFC..

2. Hermuculus

Hermuculus Yellow Belt

Swollen lips and puffy bleeding eyes,,,, that should be the face

3. BigGucciSosa

BigGucciSosa Red Belt

TS ignoring the fact the John warned Gus about the fingers too, TS post is irrelevant

stay mad

4. The Kid

The Kid Blue Belt

I still don't understand why given that he is their top draw, the UFC is so apprehensive to essentially declare GSP the face of their company

5. TimeToTrain

TimeToTrain Brown Belt

After seeing Jones get his TDs stuffed and lose rounds, he's a couple levels away from being P4P better than GSP. As a matter of fact, he's behind Dos Santos and Cain imo.