Media Jones most underrated feat putting an end to Glover’s 20 fight win streak

dZNhY9D.gif

Fought him in short range too to prove a point when all the haters and supposed experts said he would get destroyed there.
See i knew you were just trolling with the Conor shit. Get off that man you aint good at it. Too over the top to be considered one of the GOAT nuthuggers.

I don't think its underrated at all, Jones has the most impressive strength of schedule ever even attempted at light heavyweight, let alone going undefeated.

People discredit Jones because he's a known cheater.

jones is 205 goat, but he never will fight hws...its not a money case

Solid win, and it's not Jones fault, but Glover was clearly past it when they fought. 34 year olds are just not in their athletic prime, and LHW is a division that demands athleticism.

The shoulder crank was jones as his peak bending the rules and showing us something no ones ever used before. Also that clinch work was masterful stuff.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Jones was the man frfr. Ne should stay that way by retiring. Do t let these heavyweights finish you.

Crazy to think that there was once a time when Glover seemed to to be this nigh invincible UBER BADASS.

It really is amazing how much perceptions of fighters can change overtime
I remember Glover was seen as an elite contender but he showed vulnerabilities before jones. Maldonado, Rampage and Bader all landed hard shots on Glover which showed he had below average defense and he was a bit on the slow side. His power was really overrated back then too. The way Jones beat Glover was systematic and brilliant though.

The shoulder crank was jones as his peak bending the rules and showing us something no ones ever used before. Also that clinch work was masterful stuff.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

He was so roided up it's not even funny. That fight was absolutely his roid-prime. He put on an insane, superhuman performance that couldn't be done clean. And given his subsequent PED failures, we know he wasn't.

Fought him in short range too to prove a point when all the haters and supposed experts said he would get destroyed there.
Jon Jones is an expert at keeping Range. Not sure I believe the "Short Range" narrative but he was certainly willing to stay in Poking range so kudos to Jon
nUUdSA.gif

Bunch of pussies in this thread.

Don't ever expect this pool of snowflakes to appriciate the best fighters this sport has ever seen.

The shoulder crank isn't "bending the rules" though. Why would it be?

I've never understood why that technique or one like it would be controversial in any professional combat sport setting where the ruleset permitted its use. Honestly I might not even look entirely unfavorably on someone using it in a really high-level/competitive amateur setting. And I say this as a huge Glover fan who doesn't really like Jon or much of his fan club. Bones exploited Glover's lazy underhook to full effect and showed some great creativity on the fly in the process. Good on him.

Back