Jones Most Impressive Victory.

Shogun, because he's better or close to the level of of those other guys, and he, unlike the others, had not a single promising moment (offensively or defensively) in that fight. Therefore, the Rua choice is clear for me.

So you have no ammunition on what Jones has done so far, and have to depend on something that might happen in the future. If Jones moves up. Great reply.

lol good one, here's your ammunition mmagermany
1232547517_slo-mo-water-balloon-to-the-face.gif

Shogun by far. I thought Jones would win, but the way he won had me amazed.

Machida. The way he finished him in the second round really shocked me as a Dragon fan...

I say Vitor because we saw how Jones responded when he was in serious trouble.

The complete and utter annihilation of Shogun. Despite what the revisionists say, hardly anyone was giving Jones a chance. The popular belief was Shogun was going to dismantle Jones. Hell, even I thought Shogun would pull out the win due to Jones making some kind of rookie error and getting caught. Instead Jones just fucked him up.

Machida would be a close second. How many people can claim to have choked out one of the best LHW fighters of this generation, Lyoto Machida? Just one. Jon Jones.

The complete and utter annihilation of Shogun. Despite what the revisionists say, hardly anyone was giving Jones a chance. The popular belief was Shogun was going to dismantle Jones. Hell, even I thought Shogun would pull out the win due to Jones making some kind of rookie error and getting caught. Instead Jones just fucked him up.

Machida would be a close second. How many people can claim to have choked out one of the best LHW fighters of this generation, Lyoto Machida? Just one. Jon Jones.

Yea everyone pretty much thought soon as Shogun touched Jones was going to sleep.

shogun , for the beating, for a name like his, and for being a title bout.
not much different when wanderlei came and destroyed sakuraba (1st one)

was a coin toss between shogun and machida
went with machida because he wasn't coming of surgery and a long layoff

The fact that he was able to beat Lyoto standing and on the ground as badly as he did makes me vote for Lyoto.

Despite what the revisionists say, hardly anyone was giving Jones a chance.

Huh? FYI, Jones was a -230 favorite against Shogun. I, and plenty of other (realistic) fans not only gave Jones a "chance", but were very confident that he would win. Given that Shogun is a popular fan favorite (I love him too), sentiments on Sherdog were a bit skewed, but you are the one engaging in revisionist history by claiming hardly anyone was giving Jones a chance.

Most objective viewers expected Jones to win that fight.

vs shogun. complete domination
close 2nd will be machida

I definitely think it was Shogun, but I'm surprised Rampage/Rashad haven't gotten many votes. Both of those were domination as well.

I said Lyoto just because he's more consistent than Rua.

His mud hole stomping of Shogun was by far the most impressive if you're looking for an overall ass whoopin. Machida was more in the fight than Shogun was before he got choked out. Shogun literally got worked the entire fight.

Bones' win over Shogun to capture the LHW title was very impressive. It represented a changing of the guard in the division. The greatest 12-month run in MMA belonged to Shogun at 23, and Bones' demolition of Shogun was the start of his - even better - 12-month run at the same age. The new king had arrived.

For mine, though, it was Lyoto. I expected Lyoto to pull off a win. Jones not only won, he put hands on Machida at will and basically treated him as a second-rate fighter. And we're talking about a Lyoto that few first-class fighters had previously been able to touch at all.

Had to go with Machida, Rampage, Rashad, then Shogun. Each one extremely Impressive but that's the order i rank them.

1.Machida: He rocked then put Machida to sleep and he did it in under 3 rounds

2.Rampage: He picked Rampage apart for 3 rounds and then subbed him. something that only Saku did in Rampages first fight in Japan

3.Rashad: Dominated Rashad for the better part of 5 rounds and he's probably the #2 LHW in the world only reason he's not ahead of rampage is because Jon finished Rampage

4.Shogun: He beat the shit out of Shogun The only reason I put Shogun last is because imo Shogun has not looked the same after undergoing knee surgery for a third time after the second Machida fight

Back