Jones Most Impressive Victory.

For me, it is an unusual choice: Vlad Matyushenko

Let me explain why.

Prior to the Vlad fight, I was already high on Jones, but I was still a little uncertain about just how elite he was. After the Vlad fight, I was firmly convinced that Jones would beat ANYONE in the division. Nothing since that fight, including his dominance of champions, has been a surprise.

The Janitor, at the time was actually a borderline top-10 guy, but more importantly than a numerical rank, he was a very reliable time-tested veteran, he was a good wrestler, he was on a roll, he was looking very good, and he was absolutely considered a tough fight for ANYONE at LHW. Jones then proceeded to toss him to the ground like a child and pound him into oblivion like a bum off the street. No one had ever done that to Vlad, and after that happened, it convinced me that Jones was simply on another level than the rest of the division, including the very elite. Lyoto, Shogun, Evans, I honestly considered them all just inevitable victims waiting to happen in the path of hurricane Jones, from the moment they pulled him off of the Janitor.

how can be the ebating of out of shape and fucked up knees rua be his most impressive victory? its the same as saying that you are impressed when 5 guys beat up 1 one lonly person.

From the few posts I've seen of you(some in another thread), you come off like either a troll or moron. Which is it?

I'd say it's either Lyoto or Rashad. Neither had anything for Jones even though they should be stylistic nightmares for Jones.

He made shogun look like he was fighting....well, me.

My vote is shogun

Shogun, made one of the toughest lhw's completely break and tap to strikes.

Lyoto first. Shogun in a close second.

The Lyoto win for me is because frankly, Lyoto was considered to be, and by all accounts should have been, the only possible foil to Jones. But then... well...:eek:

Shogun is a similar story. He definitely should have beaten Jones to a pulp. Snapped those chicken legs up, right, right? Yeah... that was tough to watch for me. Props to Jones.

I voted Machida but either of these would be good picks.

Shogun is the best fighter he has fought and Jones absolutely destroyed him. So Shogun it is.

Shogun and Machida.

Tbh Jones has looked awesome against everyone, even Vitor.

From the few posts I've seen of you(some in another thread), you come off like either a troll or moron. Which is it?

jones nutthugger detected. i will enjoy all those threads when jones moves up to hw and gets his ass manhandled by lowtier hws :icon_lol:

lyoto.. standing guillotine finish.. how often do you see that? and how often do you see that in a title fight... never

Why would rashad be a stylistic nightmare?

Better wrestling. We don't know how Jones is on his back. Rashad also was supposed to have better striking. Jones admitted that Rashad would get the better of him in training.

I voted for Lyoto. He's still cracking skulls while Shogun is in a bit of a slump.

jones nutthugger detected. i will enjoy all those threads when jones moves up to hw and gets his ass manhandled by lowtier hws :icon_lol:

you will most likely be banned by then
iOVlpmmRzG54U.gif

Shogun. I was telling people before the fight, "Jones has to take him down. Jones does not want to stand with him." Then Jones goes and dominates him everywhere. I just kept thinking, "Uh, when will he be forced to shoot for a takedown?" It never happened. That's the type of fight that after you watch it you know there's no need for a rematch. Domination.

So you have no ammunition on what Jones has done so far, and have to depend on something that might happen in the future. If Jones moves up. Great reply.

Back