Jones may be classless, but deserves all the props in the world right now

Reddd

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't like him either, but he continues to do amazing things in this sport.

He already has beaten the best list of opponents and title defenses no matter how bad guys don't want that to be true. I don't want it to be true, but it is fact.

He has a much better list than who Anderson fought already.

I think Jones is much more likable as a mean guy as well. He comes off more real, and he was taunted a lot by Cormier and also by Gustoff. Gustoff had him beaten, and his heart didn't let it happen and he pulled a come back to take the win in that fight too.

Jones is simply the best MMA fighter of all time. Just give the guy his due.

He is the best in the sport... and I like him as well. The only thing I don't like about him is a repeated history of eye pokes, and of course the drunk driving thing was a mistake. I wouldn't mind if he dumped his buddy, Jesus, but that's irrelevant. I think he has a good personality.

Jon is generally pretty classy after fights. Everyone calls him fake then though so I guess he can't win.

Maybe skill wise, but it depends on what you value. I will support a classy top 10 fighter before I support a P4P dirtbag.

Jones is simply the best MMA fighter of all time. Just give the guy his due.

Maybe he is getting his due! Not many people criticize his skills, it is his attitude and lack of professionalism. Consider the number of tweets he has deleted due to backlash. Ultimately his lack of professionalism and credibility is the only thing hurting his fan base and sponsorship value.

He doesn't have the explosiveness or ko power to be the best. He relies on cardio and point fighting.

I agree with the thread title but not the OP...

Weidman is a much more like able american champ

Jones attitude is all schtick. Dana probably encouraged him to behave like this

Maybe skill wise, but it depends on what you value. I will support a classy top 10 fighter before I support a P4P dirtbag.

Every sport has dirtbags. You might as well just boycott every sport. Golf,basketball, baseball, football, soccer, etc. They all got em. Even tho Jones is not one of them. You are allowed your opinions but it is a dumb one. You dont even know the guy. Just another hater.

Elbows are apart of his striking and Rashad probably thinks Jones has power and Im sure Vera's broken cheek bone would agree. One punch KO's aren't that common when you get elite fighter against elite fighter. I look at power based on damage and Jones inflects a lot of damage

Back