Jones may be classless, but deserves all the props in the world right now

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Reddd, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Reddd

Reddd Banned Banned

Sorry, I don't like him either, but he continues to do amazing things in this sport.

He already has beaten the best list of opponents and title defenses no matter how bad guys don't want that to be true. I don't want it to be true, but it is fact.

He has a much better list than who Anderson fought already.

I think Jones is much more likable as a mean guy as well. He comes off more real, and he was taunted a lot by Cormier and also by Gustoff. Gustoff had him beaten, and his heart didn't let it happen and he pulled a come back to take the win in that fight too.

Jones is simply the best MMA fighter of all time. Just give the guy his due.

2. fnog9

fnog9 Green Belt

He is the best in the sport... and I like him as well. The only thing I don't like about him is a repeated history of eye pokes, and of course the drunk driving thing was a mistake. I wouldn't mind if he dumped his buddy, Jesus, but that's irrelevant. I think he has a good personality.

3. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer Black Belt

Jon is generally pretty classy after fights. Everyone calls him fake then though so I guess he can't win.

4. estranged

estranged Black Belt

love to hate him

5. Ely Slade

Ely Slade Blue Belt

Maybe skill wise, but it depends on what you value. I will support a classy top 10 fighter before I support a P4P dirtbag.

6. SuperNerd

SuperNerd Season Mode.

All of them?

7. Ely Slade

Ely Slade Blue Belt

Maybe he is getting his due! Not many people criticize his skills, it is his attitude and lack of professionalism. Consider the number of tweets he has deleted due to backlash. Ultimately his lack of professionalism and credibility is the only thing hurting his fan base and sponsorship value.

8. kic**

kic** Orange Belt

He doesn't have the explosiveness or ko power to be the best. He relies on cardio and point fighting.

9. quadrunner

quadrunner Brown Belt

I agree with the thread title but not the OP...

Weidman is a much more like able american champ

10. firstroundpick

firstroundpick Purple Belt

Jones attitude is all schtick. Dana probably encouraged him to behave like this

11. Tntnicks

Tntnicks Blue Belt

Every sport has dirtbags. You might as well just boycott every sport. Golf,basketball, baseball, football, soccer, etc. They all got em. Even tho Jones is not one of them. You are allowed your opinions but it is a dumb one. You dont even know the guy. Just another hater.

12. Ely Slade

Ely Slade Blue Belt

Would this just make you "Just another hater"?

13. orndorff

orndorff Orange Belt

Elbows are apart of his striking and Rashad probably thinks Jones has power and Im sure Vera's broken cheek bone would agree. One punch KO's aren't that common when you get elite fighter against elite fighter. I look at power based on damage and Jones inflects a lot of damage