Jones lost 8 lbs of muscle mass- attributes it to vegan diet

No proof that is all muscle loss. Just said he is going into fight week light. It could be water, glycogen or fat as well.
lol 12 lbs of glycogen, sherbos science is the best !

D

@ 4:05

“my weight’s low, 217. Normally I show up to fight week around 225”

dudes shrinking without his PEDs

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a massive amount of pressure on him from USADA.

They may be playing ball with the UFC to keep their PPV star alive, but they probably aren't stupid. I'm sure they know that Jones is a clear PED user. I hope he's going off steroids and losing muscle mass. That would be nice.

It’s what happens when you stop taking steroids. Upset of the year is about to happen

Honestly ... I wouldn't be shocked. He seem to struggle with Smith a bit more than he should have. That should have be a complete destruction and it wasn't.

Then with one leg, Santos ARGUABLY beat him.

Santos has gotten better at LHW and bigger but ... really? Santos?

I don't think Jones has the strength he had when he was taking down DC anymore.

Also he used to lie about cutting from 217 earlier in his career as an excuse to not go to hw

Been paying attention and man Jon has a different story every few fights I heard him talk about 217, 219, 221, 225, 227, 229 lbs.. depends on the question and narrative if he wants to be bigger he uses the heavier numbers if it is about the cut he uses the low ones he just plays games.

His wife is vegan and cooks vegan, he posted it on his Instagram a while back

A vegan diet would probably make you lose weight.

Not taking steroids probably would too.

Not sure if I agree with Jones on this one, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Vegan is extreme, no milk, no cheese, no eggs... Easy to stay lean for sure, and if he's got a good Nutritionist he can still get all the nutrients he's missing out on but it'd be a wiser move to be a vegetarian and eat fish too.

Correct ... if it ain't broke.

But he is flushing out his last picograms so this probably is just his cover up like Chris Weidman's decision to lose weight right when USADA started.

Not sure if I agree with Jones on this one, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Vegan is extreme, no milk, no cheese, no eggs... Easy to stay lean for sure, and if he's got a good Nutritionist he can still get all the nutrients he's missing out on but it'd be a wiser move to be a vegetarian and eat fish too.

Actually it's hard to stay lean on a vegan diet for high level athletes, the amount of calories needed to maintain adequate levels of protein is extremely high.

Kendrick Farris on meat
Kendrick-Farris.png

Farris without meat.
Vegan-Diet-Destroys-Olympic-Powerlifter-Weaker-Fatter-Gyno-Extreme-Aging-PlantStrong.jpg

Patrick B. On meat
d6ab42f6d18775b7d4ce9c5c0862ce45.jpg

Patrick B. Off meat diarmuid-brannickforweb.jpg

There is no way to get fat when eating lean meat, it's impossible.

Often times people confuse a meat diet, with an unhealthy, heavily processed, fast food diet. In which case any diet would look good and healthy compared to that.

Last edited:
mRAB4qs.jpg

That sad part is, since the entire fiasco with Novitzky how are we to know exactly if he's on or off anything? We were just told he was tested a whole bunch of times. Did they elaborate on what it was showing? I can't help but think if the pulsing ran it's course we would be hearing about it. There's a good chance they're keeping it hush in case it starts again, or what I'm presuming it's been "consistent." Either way, if Jones does start barely scraping by fights or losing, if people think his entire career has been called into question already they haven't seen anything yet.

If Jones is clean Reyes has a real shot.

Oh And DC is a better fighter than Jon. If both were clean or both were juiced, DC would smash him. He only lost because he was clean and Jon was on a cocktail of drugs. DC would never struggle with the likes of Santos or Reyes.

He's just saying stuff to obfuscate from the fact that he's still on PEDs and has been all along.

Its not like it is impossible to get any protein or enough energy going vegan.
This, pretty much.
It's also been proven that as long as you get enough protein in general, the quality does not matter that much.
(The quality of it is the main-argument when people criticize vegan diets in terms of being suitable for bodybuilding, etc.)

Besides that: can you tell me where in the video Jones mentions the vegan diet thing? i don't understand everything he says as he mubles slightly sometimes and english isn't my first language, but i've yet to hear the word "vegan" come out of his mouth.

TS just took something that was said, and made shit up to turn it into a strawman.

His weight will pulse again during the fight

It makes sense that the GOAT is a vegan. Vegans are superior, after all, and all scientific evidence shows that a plant based diet is optimal for human health and performance.
Jones is simply showing that his IQ outside the cage is as great as his IQ inside. Good for him.
I don't see Jones saying he's vegan in the video, nor have i heard it from any other source.
I could've overheard though.
Anyways, stop being so arrogant about veganism - at least if you care about its reputation. It's people who're acting like this that give veganism a bad reputation, while people who're more humble about it have to carry the consequences for those other people.

Back