Jones lost 8 lbs of muscle mass- attributes it to vegan diet

Not sure if I agree with Jones on this one, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Vegan is extreme, no milk, no cheese, no eggs... Easy to stay lean for sure, and if he's got a good Nutritionist he can still get all the nutrients he's missing out on but it'd be a wiser move to be a vegetarian and eat fish too.

It’s not water, I promise you.

Sir if he's in a calorie deficit he will be losing some glycogen, which means he will be losing water.

Which is also not anything associated with dehydration

Where does he attribute it to the vegan diet though?

Not saying he doesn't but i just didn't hear it in the video.

Could be because of me finding it hard to understand people when they mumble in english, so idk...

Sir if he's in a calorie deficit he will be losing some glycogen, which means he will be losing water.

Which is also not anything associated with dehydration
That’s a good point, but how much he’s ”starving” himself now compared to before? I’d say he has had a cleaner and or lighter diet approaching this fight and his overall weight is just lower because of this.

That is if I can even believe what he says. It’s Jon Jones after all.

:rolleyes:

I really can't stand the guy, all the fake praying bullshit, pulsing, cheating, eye poking, drunk driving shit... What a scum. What a liar.
indeed, me too.

he is so afraid to fights heavyweights, he would prefer to quit mma instead

If there's one thing we know about Jon Jones it's that he always tells the truth

I really can't stand the guy, all the fake praying bullshit, pulsing, cheating, eye poking, drunk driving shit... What a scum. What a liar.

how do you know its fake praying?

If he went vegan he is going to get KNOCKED OUT. You heard it here

Shit this remeinds me of when Jon Fitch and Shane Carwin (same camp!) went vegan. They lost weight too.

They literally went from killers to literally sucking and losing 'til they were cut from the UFC overnight.

Fitch was a huge guy who could wrestlefuck anyone; he got outwrestled by old man BJ Penn! lol!

Carwin had 1 punch KO power from any shot, any angle. Didn't get a single KO ever again after going vegan and losing mass. Couldn't even hurt or rock guys. Just a 5 round punching bag. Like Homer Simpson.

Let's see if Jones joins the carnivore to vegan club of losing.

No proof that is all muscle loss. Just said he is going into fight week light. It could be water, glycogen or fat as well.

Won't be glycogen that's like 150 grams max. Could very well be fat or less water though, he also mentioned speed as being one of his concerns, so may very well be deliberate, doing a lot of cardio not fannying about powerlifting.

Could also be catabolic from less steroids, hard to tell.

Loosing 8 pounds of muscle if they are earned the long and hard way should take a very long time unless you really starve yourself.
If muscles was gained using chemical shortcuts it makes more sence.

Loosing 8 pounds of muscle if they are earned the long and hard way should take a very long time unless you really starve yourself.
This^
It's not like Jones is mega shredded now either.
In fact, i remember someone making a thread on here saying that Jones looks slightly less athletic than usual.

Gaining muscle takes protein synthesis which takes time. Losing muscle is just burning energy and can happen super fast.

It's calories/ nutrients in, calories/nutrients out. If he went vegan and dropped his calories, he could have lost it easily. It happens to vegans all the time. Look what happened to Fitch and Carwin.

Ten pounds difference for a lean athlete means change of wardrobe (and confidence..) to one size smaller.

Reyes by TKO/KO x7,5. Decision x14. Hmm..

Gaining muscle takes protein synthesis which takes time. Losing muscle is just burning energy and can happen super fast.

It's calories/ nutrients in, calories/nutrients out. If he went vegan and dropped his calories, he could have lost it easily. It happens to vegans all the time. Look what happened to Fitch and Carwin.

Mostly agree except for the super fast. I do not see why he would do this though. Its not like it is impossible to get any protein or enough energy going vegan.
After lifting for 20 years I have not lost all that much muscle after 6 months of just training fighting and with a shitty diet. My max strenght have certainly
gone down a lot. Not to mention fat gains. 8 pounds is not that much if it is also water and fat. 8 pounds of pure muscle is different though.

A historical thread! Haters admit Jones have no PEDs in his body!

Back