Jones just had his GSP-Hendricks moment

The difference is Jones won’t run away from the sport for 4 years and wait to cherry-pick a journeyman fluke champ.

also Jones face looked like he just took a shower, while George’s faced looked like he got mugged by multiple people at once.

Nah Jones will just keep robbing fighters, avoid moving up and take dick pills

Also Jones isn’t gonna run away from the sport for 4 years

He probably can’t afford to
<36>

Why would he anyway when he can get just rely on robberies, avoid HW like a plague and take his dick pills

More like Reyes just had half of his GSP vs Hughes moment. Clearly the better fighter but lost anyways. Next time Reyes experience will lead to a better gameplan and he'll cruise to an easy victory completing his GSP vs Hughes moment.

I said this last night before the decision was in. Reyes took that 5th round off just like Pigg Rigg did, can't do that in a title fight. Especially when just hours earlier Joe Rogan pointed out one of the judges wasn't even watching the fights.

Via the points system, one can argue that George won his fight vs Hendricks in a split decision even though at times he was getting dominated.

There is no way Reyes lost the 3rd round. I'm sure someone can make a video of all the points from that round.

That being said, I'm sure Jones would love to retire as the GOAT. George wanted out of the fight game big time during Hendricks 2nd fight. I'm not sure I've heard of Jones talking about a break or retirement.

Dude, GSP arguably won the Hendricks fight. You need to let that shit go.

Anyone that thinks GSP absolutely could not have won the Hendricks fight just outs themselves as having no idea how to score fights.

Jones has multiple questionable decisions now. Georges had 1 (Anyone can suck it who is still retarded enough to argue GSP/Penn 1).
I think everyone remembers GSP/Hendricks the most was the visble damage afterwords. GSP looked like he just beat the fuck up.

I think everyone remembers GSP/Hendricks the most was the visble damage afterwords. GSP looked like he just beat the fuck up.
That's great but that isn't a valid way of explaining how someone won a fight when fights are scored round by round.

Georges had visible facial damage in fights he dominated.

Interesting enough 30% of media had this fight for Jones. No one had it for GSP back in 2013.
View attachment 725039
I read the play by play for sherdog at least, round 2 is a bunch of "reyes hitting jones" then at the end "10-9 jones"

Like I dont see how that round was contentious , or any of 1-3, if taking a few steps forward is enough to negate getting hit the UFC has an issue.

2013 was a crazy year for MMA in hindsight...

Rousey and WMMA debut, Anderson gets KOed, Pettis becomes champion, Gus vs Jones, GSP vs Hendricks and Silva's leg break
Very Underrated year

Honest to goodness Jones hater here - so many things to wish for a huge slice of humble pie for JJ. Gifted with the most advantageous reach ever, eye poker, juicer, can't drive a car that well, also honest to God one of the most talented fighters ever, bar none. Besides the juice and some coke, also a training fiend of the highest dimensions.

Awesome MMArtist. Would love to see him defeated by an underdog or get beat down by a HW (jones is Not moving up to HW anytime soon).
Since he's passed 30 and maybe off the good gear, peak Jones likely has already happened. I don't foresee him fighting Reyes again in 2020. Why? Same thing with Gus Part 1. He arguably lost the fight and was humbled. Better to take time off and see what happens and what the universe sends him.

Having stated all that and strongly rooting for Reyes to pull off the upset, it was a Very close fight. A draw perhaps and that would mean no belt for Reyes. Jones finishes strong - 4 & 5 , I can understand that to beat a Champion, you have to hang in there in the later rounds and show some stuff.
Points in rds 1 to 3 ? Yes, Reyes likely did more scoring, yet very razor thin all things being equal.
Wish dudes like Gus (part 1), Santos and Reyes did more in round 5. Sad fact is that they all faded and JJ finished much stronger. Sonnen has said the truth : JJ is not losing a decision.
Is what it is.
If it was any other random, non championship belt fight, non Jon Jones fight, just some random fighters on the undercard or something (say a 5 rounder for argument sake), then yes, the Rounds 1-3 would have spelled a decision victory for Reyes. Yet the reality, fair or not, is that this is NOT how a Jones or Main event is gonna go.
cry all we want. Not a major travesty as Jones did have his moments, take downs, pressure throughout, yet the real robbery is that Jones will likely not fight Reyes immediately for a re-match.

Should be part 2 for the July 4th card or perhaps early fall main event.
Won't happen because this is the type of character Jones and his team are. It's odd, Jones maybe one of the greatest ever, yet still a sub-standard human being.

Nah, that happened in 2013 against Gus. Only difference is peds carried Jones this far.

GSP did not beat Hendricks. Go argue with your mother about that because I’m not changing my mind.

Back