Jones just found out people want to see the rematch (video)

Smart thing he backed down. Dana's the boss, after all.

That just looks like a guy who got what he wanted from his employers. I guess Dana paid up.

If he was really ducking Gus, they wouldn't be fighting. The ducking people refer to is actually negotiating.

10 years ago, this would have all played out in private and we would have just been waiting for the announcement of the fight, without all of the ducking chat. These days, there are 1,000s of people commenting on the smallest thing, so things get blown out of proportion.

"is that what you guys been *awkward pause* wanting to see?..."

I sincerely hope JBJ never loses again and retires as champion in the future, seeing how his haters getting mad and scrutinizing every single thing he says is something I'll never get tired of.

No people wanted him to fight Gus, but felt Gus needed 1 more win. They thought DC was the best choice before Gus.

JBJ said DC was a nobody and Gus was next.

Then JBJ says Gus doesn't deserve it and it should be DC.

Almost no fans were clammoring for DC over Gus.

He can't win because he says stupid stuff and then contradicts himself.

that's not true. Right before the Glover fight people were complaining to Jones that he should fight Cormier first before Gus, Jones responded by saying just a while ago you were all calling for the Gus rematch.

Just recently in a Sherdog poll Gus only won 60/40 on who Jones should fight next poll, and that poll was after it was made public that DC had a knee injury which I guarantee cost him some votes. But even at that 40% is a minority but in no means shape or form is it "almost no fans"

He does say a lot of stupid shit but even when he doesn't people still complain.

I want Gus to win, BUT ya'll are gonna be awful depressed when Bones wins again.

While I would be pissed if Jones won again, he just might not because Gus is in Jones' head this time I think. Watching their fight again, I had Gus winning,( especially if points were taken for eyepokes!) and if not for a significant elbow landed by Jones, Gus would be champ right now. Jones knows this, and confidence is everything and I doubt that he is so confident right now

Isn't he one of the most active champions?

Compared to Cain and Pettis yes. He was real active the year he went for the belt. I'm too lazy to look it up but he usually fights twice a year. This year will be no different . Gus vs jones III super bowl weekend or jones vs DC super bowl weekend.

Compared to Cain and Pettis yes. He was real active the year he went for the belt. I'm too lazy to look it up but he usually fights twice a year. This year will be no different . Gus vs jones III super bowl weekend or jones vs DC super bowl weekend.

Exactly, I was just pointing out that the guy I quoted, was trying to claim the opposite for no reason other than to insult Jones.

Lol Jones is funny im becoming more and more of a fan.

He accepts the rematch and people still call him a "f****** coward". He's at the point where no matter what he does he's still vilified.

he was my favorite fighter once. of the course of his championship i started disliking him.

his skillset is awesome, he could very well be #1 p4p, maybe even becoming the goat. but his skill in the cage is the only likable thing i can see about him anymore

Jones is so much more likeable when he's not trying to be liked.

jones is actually trying very hard. watch the video again. Nobody talks like that.

Nah. People didn't like Jones because he was two-faced. He was claiming to be humble and 'holier than thou' in the mistaken belief that this type of facade would make people like him.

Now he's not trying to hide the fact that deep down he's a cocky jerk....he's just running with it and it's pretty funny.

Well, you have to admit, he brings a lot of this on himself by the way he presents. "Gus will be next", "Gus and DC should fight first", "I only want to fight the best", "I think it should be the injured Cormier Next", "It's my career..." all to the latest "I wanted to attend my brother's wedding".

Really, it was the wedding all along and he was just hiding that fact by calling out an injured fighter?

Jon is supremely talented, but he is not very likable and not forthright.

He said the whole time he wanted the fight in september not august it wasn't anything new, he probably thought DC was the easier more marketable bout for him, can you blame when AS takes fights against guys like Bonnar and James Irvin on horse tranquilizers

He gives the people what they want, thrashes opponents, takes out legends and takes on all comers yet everyone hates on him. What more do you want?

Back