Jones is young.

Phoenix Down

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's why most people dislike him.

In lieu of last night a lot of people might have been expecting me to highlight his post-fight behavior and even use that as a device to argue against him. Ironically I'm going to use it as a device to argue for him. He's just young and growing up, the kid is fucking twenty seven years old. But he's got time, he's got years left in his 20's to mature, don't let the post-fight speech last night fool you. Jon Jones is growing up.

It's also why a lot of people will eventually turn the page and become a fan. He's got a lot of growing up to do and I think he'll find his way to a better spot emotionally in his personality. When this happens he'll be at the apex of his career and lifestyle.

Everything people (myself included) hate about Jon Jones can be chalked up to his age and immaturity. But it won't last, he's evolving in the Octagon and slowly maturing outside of it as well. I even made a post before the DC / Jones card saying how I've lost interest in DC because of how he's treated / reacted to some of the pre-fight antics.

Not only was Jones already starting to get the better of Daniel in regards to confidence and authenticity pre-fight, he took that momentum into the fight and dominated four out of five rounds in the octagon as well.

I'm still impartial, I want Jones at HW, but in the end I'll call it like it is and from what I'm seeing now Jones not only has a bright future as an athlete but potentially as a revered champion as well.

No, people dislike him because hes fake as fuck.

No, people dislike him because hes fake as fuck.

It's a problem of youth. Identify crisis, not mature enough to have the security or belief in yourself required to fight the social pressure and media circus properly.

I honestly think in time Jones will turn a page.

You're forgetting the smugness.

An unattractive product of youth as well. Same with his holier than thou shit don't stink antics. Not only does he have the immorality of youth on his side, he's undefeated and balancing a literal God complex inside his place of work.

funny how he wasnt smug, fake, a hypocrite, or anything else people bitch about until he beat everyones favorite fighters.

Man, I really don't understand how people aren't getting this. The guy as a rather unlikeable personality to many people. Can we stop pretending he's a victim of circumstance, a victim of his success, or a victim of his pigment.

He's just not that likeable. It's okay. He can still be a great athlete. There have been plenty of greats who aren't likeable. It's just unfortunate because there are others that are, and they don't get hated on as much.

Pretty sure Jones can handle it.

I don't like him because hes arrogant, talks down to people and is a giant hypocrite.
Just for starters.

They also hate him because he has more talent and money than they ever could dream of.

I'm not a professional fighter nor would I ever have interest in being one. I make decent money but your right, I'll never have as much as jon jones.

But do you honestley believe that is why people dislike him? Or why people dislike any famous person in general? You should revaluate things.

Man, I really don't understand how people aren't getting this. The guy as a rather unlikeable personality to many people. Can we stop pretending he's a victim of circumstance, a victim of his success, or a victim of his pigment.

He's just not that likeable. It's okay. He can still be a great athlete. There have been plenty of greats who aren't likeable. It's just unfortunate because there are others that are, and they don't get hated on as much.

Pretty sure Jones can handle it.

I dislike most young adults. Cocky know it all's who think the world is their oyster.

Sadly sometimes the little fucks are right.

funny how he wasnt smug, fake, a hypocrite, or anything else people bitch about until he beat everyones favorite fighters.

His fake persona ended long ago. What you see now is Bones Jones and I like it. I hope he talks shit to more opponents then beats their ass in the Octagon.

His fake persona ended long ago. What you see now is Bones Jones and I like it. I hope he talks shit to more opponents then beats their ass in the Octagon.

He doesnt seem to get worked up until people talk shit about him. He didnt get all pissed off at Glover for example, or Machida.

I think he just doesnt like people disrespecting him. Cant remember him starting anyhting.

He sounded plenty mature at the post-fight interview. People on here sometimes pretend that fighters should be perfectly calm and collected right after a fight. Emotions run high after you've just spent half an hour trying to punch someone in the face.

He doesnt seem to get worked up until people talk shit about him. He didnt get all pissed off at Glover for example, or Machida.

I think he just doesnt like people disrespecting him. Cant remember him starting anyhting.

He didn't show Gus any respect. But I couldn't care less. It all just ties around to youth.

He sounded plenty mature at the post-fight interview. People on here sometimes pretend that fighters should be perfectly calm and collected right after a fight. Emotions run high after you've just spent half an hour trying to punch someone in the face.

I agree. He even knew what he was saying was going to get hate and apologized for it. Was surprised.

He didn't show Gus any respect. But I couldn't care less. It all just ties around to youth.

I agree. He even knew what he was saying was going to get hate and apologized for it. Was surprised.

He certainly isnt the most respectful guy in the world. He wasnt going on talk shows making fun of Gus though. DC and Rashad talked a lot, and Jon clearly took it personally.

I dont even think its that he is thin skinned, he didnt get too worked up about Sonnen's.... Sonnen thing. it just seems like he doesnt like when guys say personal things about him.

He certainly isnt the most respectful guy in the world. He wasnt going on talk shows making fun of Gus though. DC and Rashad talked a lot, and Jon clearly took it personally.

I dont even think its that he is thin skinned, he didnt get too worked up about Sonnen's.... Sonnen thing. it just seems like he doesnt like when guys say personal things about him.

Great interview. Jones seriously doesn't like DC, and I like that this whole drama wasn't contrived.

No he didn't, but because he's so extremely immature and unlikeable most of the time, whenever he isn't, people unaware of their cognitive biases such as yourself think that.

No he didn't, but because he's so extremely immature and unlikeable most of the time, whenever he isn't, people unaware of their cognitive biases such as yourself think that.

"Look at me mom, I'm being condescending on the internet"

Back